5 Ways to Heat Up Your Sex Life on Valentines Day
Veganism is for lovers, which means you cant skimp on Valentines Day.
Many of us look forward to a romantic night out with a loved one on Valentine’s Day. And the night is even better when followed by some romance between the sheets. George Michael taught us that “sex is natural, sex is fun,” but there are a few products we can bring to bed with us to make it even more fun (and safe). Whether it’s a bottle of fragrant massage oil or sexy lingerie for you or your partner, there are many things we can use to add to our romantic enjoyment every night of the year. So, to up the romance quotient this Valentine’s Day, we’ve compiled some of the sexiest vegan products to spice up your special night.
1. Sliquid lubricant
All Sliquid lubricants are free of glycerin, sugar, parabens, gluten, and are vegan! We enjoy Sliquid Pink Lemonade, a sweet-and-tart way to incorporate lubricant into your time spent with your loved one. If you’re not looking for something sweet, you might want to try Sliquid Naturals Silver, which is silicone-based, making it longer-lasting and slicker, but should not be used along with silicone toys. Sliquid lubricants come in a variety of textures and flavors, including Green Apple and Strawberry Pomegranate. Even better? Ten percent of all purchases of Sliquid Pink Lemonade are donated to the Young Survival Coalition, helping breast cancer survivors.
2. Sir Richard’s condoms
The origins of condoms go back at least hundreds of years, though historically they were often made from animal-derived products. Today, condoms are still one of our best defenses against the spreading of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases … but there’s no reason an animal needs to be harmed in order for us to use them. Thanks to Sir Richard’s—a vegan brand of condoms—we can protect ourselves while being certain that our birth control didn’t cause any animals to suffer. In addition to being completely vegan, for every condom sold, the company donates one to a community in need. If that’s not a reason to celebrate, we don’t know what is.
3. The Body Deli eucalyptus rosemary body oil
Even if we haven’t taken things to the next level with our Valentine’s Day date, we still might want to get sexy with them, and massages are a wonderful way to be intimate with someone with whom we’re interested without going all the way. The Body Deli’s eucalyptus rosemary body oil is made from nourishing plant ingredients including coconut and rice bran oil, and is scented with eucalyptus, rosemary, and verbena. If you don’t use it all up giving (and receiving) massages, the oil also doubles as a body moisturizer or bath oil.
4. Purrfect Pineapples lingerie
Lingerie is a classic way to spice things up on any day, but especially on a sexy occasion such as Valentine’s Day. Though there is plenty of lingerie made without animal products, many of us prefer to purchase from all-vegan businesses. If you’re one of these types, Purrfect Pineapples—a “sweat shop and animal free” company offering fun, playful, sexy lingerie in creative patterns and shades—is for you. Perhaps you’ll want to go super-sexy and wear a black-and-polka-dot garter belt with hot pink bows or maybe you’ll opt for whimsy with the “Delish Cakes” bra, delightfully decorated with desserts. Purrfect Pineapples also offers a pair of underwear emblazoned with “Vegan” across the front that features lacey black ruffles for a sexy reminder that you live an ethical lifestyle outside—and inside—the bedroom.
5. Santa Cruz Organic chocolate syrup
Valentine’s Day and chocolate make for a perfect combination, so why not bring some Santa Cruz Organic chocolate syrup into the bedroom with you and your partner? This delicious treat is made without animal products, so use your imagination, and enjoy your delicious fun with your sexy companion.
Maya Gottfried is the author Our Farm: By the Animals of Farm Sanctuary and the forthcoming Vegan Love: Dating and Partnering for the Cruelty-Free Gal.
10 Reasons New Vegan Documentary The Game Changers Will Literally Change Every Game
One part What the Health and 10 parts of the most inspiring fitness routine you've ever seen, this new film—executively produced by James Cameron—will have you sweating in your seat.
Read More »
25 Accidentally Vegan Snacks You Can Find at Virtually Any Convenience Store
Forget the quinoa, and pass the Sour Patch Kids.
Read More »
14 Ways to Step Up Your Vegan Popcorn Game
Whether you prefer savory or sweet, weve got something for everyone on this list of snack-worthy recipes to celebrate National Popcorn Day.
Read More »
In 2018, Being Vegan Also Means Being a Recycler
Recycling saves the planet (and its inhabitants) and is great for tight budgets.
Read More »
Well, That Was Quick. 7 Ways Were Breaking Our 2018 Resolutions with the New Vegan Ben & Jerrys Flavors
The debut of the new flavors from this iconic ice cream brand have us dreaming of all the ways we plan on eating them.
Read More »
- How a Vegan Celebrity Chef Became One of Biggest Influencers in Atlanta
- 4 Vegan Athletes Who Think You Need to Join the #PlantMilkChallenge
- From 6 Months to Live to a New Lease On Life: Veganism Saved Her Life
- If Your Baby Could Talk, They Would Tell You They Really Want Vegan Diaper Ointments
- If Going Vegan is Your Resolution This Year, Read This
- 2018 is the Year of the Vegan Wine and Cheese Pairings
- How a Vegan Restaurateur Balances Work and a Hunter Husband
- You Are Only 6 Steps Away from Your Best Vegan Year Ever
- Everything You Need to Know About Milk Substitutes
- Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams' Enforced Policy Literally Saved His Life
- Frick 2017! Heres What VegNews Editors Plan to Do in 2018 …
- Want to Lower Your Blood Pressure? Go Vegan!
- Are Your Sweeteners as Vegan and Ethical as You Are?
- Is So-Called Clean Meat Vegan? Paul Shapiro Has the Answer
- The VegNews Vegan Starter Kit
- The 12 Best Vegan Desserts of All Time at Trader Joes
- Winter Doesnt Stand a Chance Thanks to These 5 Vegan Skin Products
- Why Jackie Day Should Be Your New Vegan BFF
- 9 Vegan Startups You Need to Know About in 2018
- 2018 is the Year Your Skin Goes Vegan, Too