Winter Doesnt Stand a Chance Thanks to These 5 Vegan Skin Products
When bundling up for the outdoors this season, dont forget to protect your skin, too.
The winter solstice heralds many things: colder days, shorter nights, and the beginning of dry-skin season. When the temperatures plummet and humidity drops, our body's largest organ (our skin) is the first to feel it, and the results can be, well, not so pretty. To protect your dermis from winter's dehydrating effects, make one of these nourishing, cruelty-free, vegan-approved skin oils part of your daily routine.
1. KINDri organic beauty oil
This light, fast-absorbing oil gets its moisture-giving properties from the prickly pear cactus, whose natural oils are loaded with essential fatty acids that parched skin really drinks up. KINDri founder Robin McDonald is one of Los Angeles' most renowned facialists, and when clients such as Charlize Theron and Alfre Woodard are entrusting their skin to her, you know she's got the goods. Pat this aromatic oil onto your face right after you shower to lock in moisture and keep it there all day long.
2. Bare Bones face oil
When she couldn't find skincare products that weren't tested on animals, didn't irritate her skin, and didn't cost a fortune, Monica Schrock decided to develop her own beauty brand, and now has a devoted following that loves her simple and effective formulations. Bare Bones Body's Face oil is made with hempseed and jojoba, a dynamic duo that performs super-moisturizing feats to protect and nourish in even the driest of dry conditions. Massage a couple pumps of this non-greasy formula onto your skin, and the luminous glow will last for hours.
3. Old Orchard No.1 Beauty Oil
You can't just call yourself “No.1 Beauty Oil” without something to back it up, and Old Orchard Apothecary really delivers on its bold claim. This winter-ready elixir is prepared with a unique melange of special oils such as meadowfoam, borage, and watermelon seed. Together, they seal in moisture and create a protective barrier against the ravages of extreme weather, making your skin feel more supple and smooth. A fresh blend of essential oils gives your mood a boost, too.
4. Inlight organic daily face oil
Inlight’s anti-aging formula is a beauty-product paradox: an oil that doesn't make your skin oily. As if by magic, the moisturizing combination of cold-pressed evening primrose, jojoba, and rose seed oils absorbs quickly and feels like a comforting blanket on your skin without feeling the heavy. Hints of vanilla and lavender increase the luxurious quality of this organic formula, which works as a stand-alone moisturizer or as a serum applied before your moisturizer.
5. Lina Hanson Global Face Serum
Swedish-born Lina Hanson launched her career as a makeup artist, working with Hollywood luminaries such as Ellen DeGeneres and Natalie Portman, but her core belief is that with great skin, you don't need a lot of enhancement to make your beauty shine. The raw ingredients for this luxurious serum—including baobab, argan, and marula oils—are sourced from women's cooperatives in Africa, and offer skin-balancing, hydrating properties. Apply a few drops to your face each morning, and watch your skin transform from dull and dry to healthy and glowing.
VegNews beauty editor and facial oil fanatic Aurelia d'Andrea is already pining for spring.
10 Reasons New Vegan Documentary The Game Changers Will Literally Change Every Game
One part What the Health and ten parts of the most inspiring fitness routine you've ever seen, this new film—executively produced by James Cameron—will have you sweating in your seat.
Read More »
25 Accidentally Vegan Snacks You Can Find at Virtually Any Convenience Store
Forget the quinoa, and pass the Sour Patch Kids.
Read More »
14 Ways to Step Up Your Vegan Popcorn Game
Whether you prefer savory or sweet, weve got something for everyone on this list of snack-worthy recipes to celebrate National Popcorn Day.
Read More »
In 2018, Being Vegan Also Means Being a Recycler
Recycling saves the planet (and its inhabitants) and is great for tight budgets.
Read More »
Well, That Was Quick. 7 Ways Were Breaking Our 2018 Resolutions with the New Vegan Ben & Jerrys Flavors
The debut of the new flavors from this iconic ice cream brand have us dreaming of all the ways we plan on eating them.
Read More »
- How a Vegan Celebrity Chef Became One of Biggest Influencers in Atlanta
- 4 Vegan Athletes Who Think You Need to Join the #PlantMilkChallenge
- From 6 Months to Live to a New Lease On Life: Veganism Saved Her Life
- If Your Baby Could Talk, They Would Tell You They Really Want Vegan Diaper Ointments
- If Going Vegan is Your Resolution This Year, Read This
- 2018 is the Year of the Vegan Wine and Cheese Pairings
- How a Vegan Restaurateur Balances Work and a Hunter Husband
- You Are Only 6 Steps Away from Your Best Vegan Year Ever
- Everything You Need to Know About Milk Substitutes
- Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams' Enforced Policy Literally Saved His Life
- Frick 2017! Heres What VegNews Editors Plan to Do in 2018 …
- Want to Lower Your Blood Pressure? Go Vegan!
- Are Your Sweeteners as Vegan and Ethical as You Are?
- Is So-Called Clean Meat Vegan? Paul Shapiro Has the Answer
- The VegNews Vegan Starter Kit
- The 12 Best Vegan Desserts of All Time at Trader Joes
- Why Jackie Day Should Be Your New Vegan BFF
- 9 Vegan Startups You Need to Know About in 2018
- 2018 is the Year Your Skin Goes Vegan, Too
- Top 10 Vegan Recipes of 2017