You Are 5 Minutes Away From Having the Perfect Vegan Winter Face
Get your seasonal glow in less time than it takes to brew your morning coffee.
If you’re anything like us, all you want come winter is moisture and an easy, rosy glow. Basically, we want to look the opposite of what winter can do to our faces if we don’t bathe it in a vial of oil every night. Once we lock down this hydration situation, the makeup goal is to do as little as possible to look alive and dewy (but not like we’re trying). Why? Because the time we don’t spend during December trying to perfect winged liner or contour like Kim K instead gets spent drinking vegan nog at holiday parties and cooking our way through The Edgy Veg: 138 Carnivore-Approved Vegan Recipes cookbook (hello, tomato bisque and grilled cheese combo!). To find out how to achieve the perfect five-minute face, we’re highlighting a few of our favorite vegan beauty products that helps us get a foolproof-but-fast winter glow.
We’re exploring a few different oils right now and loving WHYLD’s Youth Activating Elixir made with marula oil and Gaffer & Child’s argan-oil -based Hydrating Serum. A little bit of WHYLD’s new Dynamic Defense lotion, and we’re lubed up and ready to prime.
We’ve just not been that into sticky SPFs after discovering Coola’s Mineral SPF 30 Makeup Primer at natural beauty haven Credo. The product goes on like a slightly chalky primer and disappears like sun-protecting magic—the best of both worlds.
We’re not bothering with full-on foundation for this five-minute face. Instead, just a few strategic swipes of Arbonne’s new The Real Conceal Liquid Concealer under our eyes, around our noses, and wherever else is looking a little pinker than we’d like.
Our favorite new finds this season are One Over One’s Base Glow Sheer Light, which can go all over (but we use it like a traditional primer plus a generous swipe over eyelids), or Kjaer Weis’ solid Cream Highlighter (another Credo find). We started with cautious applications of both, but now we go wild to maximize that winter dewiness.
We’ve been using one little pot of Urban Decay Moondust eyeshadow in Diamond Dog after dark, and that’s it for serious nighttime dazzle. The product is buildable and sparkly in a way that doesn’t work for us during any other time of year.
Troublemaker is our new go-to for major lashes. In other words, it’s Diorshow gone vegan. The product is buildable, makes our lashes look fatter and longer, and doesn’t find its way underneath our eyes after 30 minutes like other vegan mascaras do.
To set everything, anywhere, we use La Bella Donna’s portable mineral SPF LBD powder in Sun because you can never have enough sun protection on your face (and because we know that some Botox and fillers aren't vegan).
We’ve been into Thrive Causemetics’ Triple Threat Color Stick for an easy, natural boost of color to lips and cheeks. Bonus points for being made with vitamin C and primrose oil for extra hydration.
10 Vegan Oatmeal Cups for the Person on the Go
Plant-based oatmeal cups let you begin your day in a quick and delicious manner.
Read More »
8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
Affordable and long-lasting, stickers are a great way to help spread the vegan message.
Read More »
This 10-Minute Documentary Is Showing How Children Are Embracing Veganism
Eight-year-old Elias ran a lemonade stand to raise money for a rescued sheep.
Read More »
It's Time for Men to Get Over Their Fears of Being Vegan
Many men are reluctant to go vegan for irrational reasons. Were here to fix that problem.
Read More »
We're Giving 5 Classic Films a Vegan Makeover
Classics such as Jaws, Dumbo, and King Kong would be so much better if they were filmed through a vegan lens.
Read More »
- 8 Vegan Foods Making the 2018 Food-Trend List
- Fall in Love With Niagara's Vegan Scene
- If Trader Joe's Made These 11 Frozen Foods Vegan, We'd Never Have To Cook Again
- 8 Quirky Vegan Burritos To Make You Rethink Your Favorite Meal
- If You're a Broke Vegan Student, Read This
- It's Time Your Dog Went Vegan
- 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
- You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
- Did You Know César Chávez Was Also an Animal-Rights Activist?
- 10 Medical Reasons to Skip the Eggs on Easter
- 5 Startup Food Companies About to Revolutionize Veganism
- 10 Vegan Easter Candies We Want To Find in Our Easter Basket
- Rise Against Adds Veganism to Its Politically Charged Music
- 8 Reasons to Forget Keto and Go Vegan
- Meet the Vegan Anthropologist Changing Academia
- Vegan Food Will Be Served at the NFL Draft, Thanks to This Dallas Chef
- 5 Vegan Responses When Your Health Teacher Tells You to Eat Meat
- Vegan Self-Publishing in 4 Easy Steps
- Vegan St. Patricks Day 101
- It's Time You Talked to Your Parents About Your Veganism