11 Vegan Nacho Recipes That Will Make You Forget About Taco Tuesday
In honor of National Nacho Day, were highlighting the easy-to-make treat.
Sometimes, it seems like tacos get all the glory. They even have a day devoted to them every week. However, today, we’re celebrating National Nacho Day with 11 vegan recipes that are crunchy, gooey, and shareable. Invented in 1943 by a man named Ignacio Anaya, nachos are a no-stress dish that can be prepared in a matter of minutes and help us use leftovers in our refrigerator. So, to celebrate this great food, why not grab your friends and have a nacho party? Or don’t, and keep them all for yourself!
1. Breakfast nachos
Wake up to breakfast nachos, or maybe surprise someone with breakfast in bed with this savory delight made by cookbook author/restaurant owner Isa Chandra Moskowitz. Made with tofu, potatoes, and avocado salsa, this dish refutes the notion that you can’t have dinner for breakfast.
2. Minimalist nachos
The Minimalist Baker is known for her quick, easy recipes with minimal ingredients, and this recipe proves that. If you prepare her Cashew-less Vegan Queso ahead of time, you’re looking at fresh, delicious nachos in 15 minutes.
No list of nachos is complete without beloved totchos. Often made with traditional nacho toppings, these delicious treats replace the tortilla chips with tots for awesome snack that’s ready in minutes. If you want something different, try topping your tots with cheeseburger ingredients such as lettuce, tomatoes, and onions instead.
No Face Plate has created with a winning combination of pita chips, hummus, crumbled falafel, hot sauce, and tahini atop tortilla chips. This is one mash-up we’ll be enjoying year-round.
5. Badass nachos
This recipe from Raw Till Whenever calls for making your own chips with store-bought tortillas and a nutritional yeast-based cheese sauce that’s full of cheesy flavor … minus the dairy. That sounds pretty badass to us.
6. Healthy nachos
Love & Lemons has the perfect recipe for those who want to indulge without any guilt. Named “Healthy Loaded Vegan Nachos,” this dish calls for a walnut mushroom “meat” that comes together in a few minutes without too much work.
7. Cinnamon nachos
Like sweets? If so, how about a plate of dessert nachos to satisfy your sweet tooth? Cinnamon-coated tortilla chips topped with coconut whipped cream and fresh fruit will have you do a double take when it comes to this dish from Fork & Beans.
8. Buffalo chickpea nachos
These Buffalo Chickpea Nachos topped with celery and ranch will have you wondering why you never thought of making these before. Don’t feel like making your own ranch? Top these bad boys with some Follow Your Heart Blue Cheese dressing.
9. Reuben nachos
If you like Reubens, you’ll love all those ingredients in nacho form. Even better is the fact that this recipe has a potato chip base, which makes them extra tasty.
10. Pizza nachos
Our two favorite hand-held snacks meet to create these pizza nachos! Tomato sauce, melty cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings unite for the ultimate munchie experience. You’ll never have to choose between pizza and nachos again!
11. Pad Thai nachos
East meets West in this odd but fusion from One Green Planet. Potato chips and cheddar are topped with traditional Pad Thai ingredients such as bean sprouts, peanuts, and cilantro. Drizzle with peanut butter sauce and Sriracha for a taste explosion!
12. DIY nachos
Of course, you can always make your own nachos using some of your favorite vegan foods. For instance, dairy-free sauce Nacheez makes it easy to enjoy cheesy goodness, while Mrs. Renfro’s Ghost Pepper Salsa is some of the hottest hot sauce on the market. Furthermore, Eden Foods has beans in many varieties in BPA-free cans to make sure you get your protein with your nachos (we also recommend Amy’s refried beans in traditional, black, light sodium, and green chili). Finally, no nacho plate is complete without Tapatío and Tofutti sour cream.
Photo courtesy of Minimalist Baker
18 Vegan Things We Can't Wait to Try in 2018
The new year is quickly approaching and vegan cannabis gummies, bottled Starbucks Frappuccinos, and three new vegan whipped cream options await on the other side.
Read More »
No, Hemp Will Not Get You High. Yes, You Need it Anyway.
Hemp seeds are a healthy superfood that can help vegans (and everyone else) get the protein and healthy fats they need for optimal health.
Read More »
10 Vegan Beauty Products at CVS That Will Save You Some Coin
Your local drugstores makeup aisles are full of cruelty-free hidden treasures.
Read More »
Dear Vegans: The Holidays Don't Have to Suck
Embracing the holiday season also means embracing new ways of improving your life.
Read More »
8 Vegan Winter Boots That Will Make You Look Hot
Dropping temperatures dont mean forfeiting fashion.
Read More »
- 4 Easy Ways to Support Animals During the Holidays
- Veganizing Korean Food, As Told By An American Expat
- VegNews Vegan Wedding Application 2018
- The Healthcare Industry Will Go Completely Vegan, If These Doctors Have Anything to Do With It
- 9 Vegan Cosmetics Youll Buy as Holiday Gifts, Then Probably Keep For Yourself
- If You Are A Vegan Stoner, We Have the Perfect Cooking Competition for You
- Forget Milk and Eggs. These 8 Vegan Substitutes Will Make Your Holiday Baked Goods 100 Times Better
- 5 Reasons Animal Testing Will Soon Be a Thing of the Past
- 4 Incredible Ways Animals Can Help Your Child in Need
- VegNews Holiday Gift Guide 2017
- Vegan Black Friday Deals That Will Make You Whip Out Your Credit Card
- 9 Things VegNews Editors Are Thankful For
- Stand in Line (or Not) for These 5 Vegan Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
- 7 Foolproof Ways to Help You Survive Thanksgiving As a Vegan
- An Open Letter to 18-Year-Old, Soon-to-Be-Vegetarian Me
- 6 Vegan Thanksgiving Dinners for Any Food-Obsessed New Yorker
- 15 Vegan Hacks for Your Favorite Fast-Food Joints
- Olympic Medalist Bicycles Into Massive Vegan Concert, FTW
- 8 Ways to Veganize Everything in Your Fridge Without Anyone Noticing
- Is Your Meat-Eating Loved One Driving You Up the Wall? Here's How to Deal.