11 Vegan Nacho Recipes That Will Make You Forget About Taco Tuesday
In honor of National Nacho Day, were highlighting the easy-to-make treat.
Sometimes, it seems like tacos get all the glory. They even have a day devoted to them every week. However, today, we’re celebrating National Nacho Day with 11 vegan recipes that are crunchy, gooey, and shareable. Invented in 1943 by a man named Ignacio Anaya, nachos are a no-stress dish that can be prepared in a matter of minutes and help us use leftovers in our refrigerator. So, to celebrate this great food, why not grab your friends and have a nacho party? Or don’t, and keep them all for yourself!
1. Breakfast nachos
Wake up to breakfast nachos, or maybe surprise someone with breakfast in bed with this savory delight made by cookbook author/restaurant owner Isa Chandra Moskowitz. Made with tofu, potatoes, and avocado salsa, this dish refutes the notion that you can’t have dinner for breakfast.
2. Minimalist nachos
The Minimalist Baker is known for her quick, easy recipes with minimal ingredients, and this recipe proves that. If you prepare her Cashew-less Vegan Queso ahead of time, you’re looking at fresh, delicious nachos in 15 minutes.
No list of nachos is complete without beloved totchos. Often made with traditional nacho toppings, these delicious treats replace the tortilla chips with tots for awesome snack that’s ready in minutes. If you want something different, try topping your tots with cheeseburger ingredients such as lettuce, tomatoes, and onions instead.
No Face Plate has created with a winning combination of pita chips, hummus, crumbled falafel, hot sauce, and tahini atop tortilla chips. This is one mash-up we’ll be enjoying year-round.
5. Badass nachos
This recipe from Raw Till Whenever calls for making your own chips with store-bought tortillas and a nutritional yeast-based cheese sauce that’s full of cheesy flavor … minus the dairy. That sounds pretty badass to us.
6. Healthy nachos
Love & Lemons has the perfect recipe for those who want to indulge without any guilt. Named “Healthy Loaded Vegan Nachos,” this dish calls for a walnut mushroom “meat” that comes together in a few minutes without too much work.
7. Cinnamon nachos
Like sweets? If so, how about a plate of dessert nachos to satisfy your sweet tooth? Cinnamon-coated tortilla chips topped with coconut whipped cream and fresh fruit will have you do a double take when it comes to this dish from Fork & Beans.
8. Buffalo chickpea nachos
These Buffalo Chickpea Nachos topped with celery and ranch will have you wondering why you never thought of making these before. Don’t feel like making your own ranch? Top these bad boys with some Follow Your Heart Blue Cheese dressing.
9. Reuben nachos
If you like Reubens, you’ll love all those ingredients in nacho form. Even better is the fact that this recipe has a potato chip base, which makes them extra tasty.
10. Pizza nachos
Our two favorite hand-held snacks meet to create these pizza nachos! Tomato sauce, melty cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings unite for the ultimate munchie experience. You’ll never have to choose between pizza and nachos again!
11. Pad Thai nachos
East meets West in this odd but fusion from One Green Planet. Potato chips and cheddar are topped with traditional Pad Thai ingredients such as bean sprouts, peanuts, and cilantro. Drizzle with peanut butter sauce and Sriracha for a taste explosion!
12. DIY nachos
Of course, you can always make your own nachos using some of your favorite vegan foods. For instance, dairy-free sauce Nacheez makes it easy to enjoy cheesy goodness, while Mrs. Renfro’s Ghost Pepper Salsa is some of the hottest hot sauce on the market. Furthermore, Eden Foods has beans in many varieties in BPA-free cans to make sure you get your protein with your nachos (we also recommend Amy’s refried beans in traditional, black, light sodium, and green chili). Finally, no nacho plate is complete without Tapatío and Tofutti sour cream.
Photo courtesy of Minimalist Baker
How Do You Remember 100 Songs in 4 Days? For Pop-Punk Band Alkaline Trio, the Answer is Veganism
Matt Skiba says eschewing dairy helps with his voice and his on-stage energy level.
Read More »
5 Woman-Owned Vegan Businesses You Should Be Obsessed With
What's even better than a vegan business? A vegan business owned by a woman.
Read More »
6 Valentine's Day Gifts for that Vegan Curmudgeon in Your Life
Buy me D3 gummies, fancy moisturizer, and a ticket to see the Misfits, and Ill be your Valentine.
Read More »
6 Red-Hot Vegan Lipsticks To Drive Your Valentine Crazy
Make your Valentines Day even hotter with these all-vegan sexy shades for your lips.
Read More »
How a Vegan Canadian Figure Skater Prepared to Win Gold at the Winter Olympics
Meagan Duhamels intense fitness regimen and plant-based diet led her to that international Olympic podium.
Read More »
- How to Be a Vegan Teen Valentine
- Vegan Valentine's Day Tips From No. 1 Best-Selling Author Kathy Freston
- 5 Vegan Turmeric Recipes for Those Who Are Slightly Intimidated by It
- How A Vegan Diet is Making ''Everything'' Easier for One Punk Singer
- Your Meat-Eating Friends Want One of These 10 Vegan Books
- 7 Ways to Veganize Your Bed, Just in Time for Valentine's Day
- 5 Steps to the Perfect Vegan Valentine's Day
- 8 Love-Infused Vegan Events to Celebrate Valentine's Day
- Thanks to These 7 Vegan Pies, We Have Declared National Pizza Day a Holiday
- No Valentine This Year? Try Vegan Speed Dating
- 6 Ways to Queer Your Vegan Valentine's Day
- Bought Too Many Vegan Girl Scout Cookies? Here are 10 Desserts You Should Make With Them
- Glow Up With These 18 Vegan Beauty Brands in 2018
- How One Chef is Getting NFL Players to Go Vegan
- From Struggling for Breath to Running Marathons: Veganism Saved His Life
- 6 Badass Vegan Women Who Don't Take Any Sh*t
- 10 Vegan Chip and Dip Match-Ups Fit For A Super Bowl Smackdown
- 20 Vegan Women You Need to Follow On Instagram Today
- A Rare Heart Disease Led this 60 Year-Old to Veganism: Veganism Saved Her Life
- How One Woman is Introducing Vegan Mexican Sweets to a Rural Southern California Desert