Top 10 Instagram Posts of 2017
From innovative new products to mouthwatering meals, countless great moments were captured on Instagram in 2017. Here are your favorites.
It was another banner year for veganism, marked by legislative victories, mainstream media coverage, and, of course, incredible food. And nowhere captures plant-based cuisine better than Instagram, where vegans around the world share gorgeous, inspiring photos of food, fashion, and exciting new products. To celebrate this milestone year for all-things vegan, here are the most popular VegNews Instagram images of 2017.
1. Trader Joe’s Coconut Whipped Cream and Häagen-Dazs’ Dairy-Free Ice Cream
Dairy-free products have taken over the food industry in 2017, and we’re celebrating with vegan ice cream topped with a mountain of vegan whipped cream.
2. Trader Joe’s Whipped Cream
Just in time for the holidays, this coconut-based whipped cream was piled on top of vegan pies all over the States.
3. Whole Foods Whipped Cream
Speaking of whipped cream, Whole Foods was first on the scene with its pressurized can of vegan goodness, and we ate it right up.
4. Trader Joe’s Pesto
Creamy cashews paired with fresh kale and basil make an absolutely dreamy spread, and die-hard TJ’s fans have been buying it up like it’s going out of business (which it’s not).
5. Trader Joe’s Almond Nog
There’s no denying the absolute flood of plant-based products popping up left and right at Trader Joe’s, and we are totally prepared for the holidays thanks to this seasonal nog.
6. Trader Joe’s Holiday Roast
Crispy breading coating savory turkey-style seitan and flavorful stuffing is now only one trip to Trader Joe’s away.
7. Follow Your Heart Cheeses
Dairy-free cheese is better than ever, and we definitely can’t decide between all of the choices at our fingertips. We guess we’ll need to Follow Our Heart, as cheesy as that sounds!
#VegNews marched today for all women, including women of color, trans women, queer women, undocumented women, Muslim women, disabled women, and the like. And of course, it was great to see folks' intersectionality extend to the animals, too ✊️🚺🌱 #womensmarch #vegan #veganism #plantbased #vegansofinstagram #vegansofig
8. Women’s Rights March
VegNews took part in this historical global event this past January, marching for women of color, trans women, queer women, undocumented women, Muslim women, and disabled women. We loved seeing attendees extend their mindset of equality to the animals, as well!
9. Häagen-Dazs Ice Cream Pints
We practically ran to our local Target to scoop up these decadent pints when they debuted in July.
@starbucks just announced two non-dairy bottled Frappuccino beverages coming in 2018. VegNews editors are in dire need! UPDATE: VegNews has confirmed that while the new drinks can’t be verified vegan because of processing on shared equipment, there are no dairy or animal ingredients in these beverages’ formulas. Check out VegNews.com/news for the full story!
10. Starbucks Dairy-Free Frappuccinos
2017 may be coming to an end, but we are so eager to try Starbucks’ non-dairy bottled Frappuccino beverages in 2018!
It's Time for Men to Get Over Their Fears of Being Vegan
Many men are reluctant to go vegan for irrational reasons. Were here to fix that problem.
Read More »
We're Giving 5 Classic Films a Vegan Makeover
Classics such as Jaws, Dumbo, and King Kong would be so much better if they were filmed through a vegan lens.
Read More »
8 Vegan Foods Making the 2018 Food-Trend List
Plant-based foods have become the megatrend of the year thanks to innovative products taking up more space on grocery store shelves.
Read More »
Fall in Love With Niagara's Vegan Scene
World-famous natural landscapes and a diverse vegan cuisine await you in the Niagara region of Canada.
Read More »
If Trader Joe's Added These 11 Vegan Frozen Foods, We'd Never Have To Cook Again
Wed love Trader Joe s even more if the chain added vegan corn dogs, macaroni and cheese bites, and barbecue chicken pizza.
Read More »
- 8 Quirky Vegan Burritos To Make You Rethink Your Favorite Meal
- If You're a Broke Vegan Student, Read This
- It's Time Your Dog Went Vegan
- 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
- You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
- Did You Know César Chávez Was Also an Animal-Rights Activist?
- 10 Medical Reasons to Skip the Eggs on Easter
- 5 Startup Food Companies About to Revolutionize Veganism
- 10 Vegan Easter Candies We Want To Find in Our Easter Basket
- Rise Against Adds Veganism to Its Politically Charged Music
- 8 Reasons to Forget Keto and Go Vegan
- Meet the Vegan Anthropologist Changing Academia
- Vegan Food Will Be Served at the NFL Draft, Thanks to This Dallas Chef
- 5 Vegan Responses When Your Health Teacher Tells You to Eat Meat
- Vegan Self-Publishing in 4 Easy Steps
- Vegan St. Patricks Day 101
- It's Time You Talked to Your Parents About Your Veganism
- 5 Life Lessons I Learned in the Prison Garden
- The 10 Vegan Swag Bag Items That Will Make You Wish You Were Going to the Oscars
- Want to Make Sure Your College Choice Is as Vegan as You Are? Here's How