VegNews Top 8 Ways to Celebrate Valentines Day
Dreamy V-Day proposals, plant-based aphrodisiacs, and salacious chocolate bites are just the start of how you should celebrate your February 14.
Whether you’re in love with your significant other or simply with your evening plans to luxuriate in solitude, we at VegNews are at the ready with suggestions, tips, recipes, and unsolicited advice to ensure that your February 14 is exactly what you need and want. This week, we’ve been heart-deep in editing V-Day stories, and since we’re now finally coming up for air (and chocolate), we want to share with you the things we learned, and the things we love. Here are our top eight tips for celebrating a perfect (and perfect-for-you) vegan Valentine’s Day.
1. If you're a vegan spending this evening with a meat-eater, make sure they respect your beliefs (if they don’t, they don’t respect you), and then lure them to the plant-side with a vegan aphrodisiac such as figs or garlic.
2. Ethics go a long way, so after you’re done with your romantic Valentine’s Day dinner for two (or maybe you’re making some cute heart-shaped foods for you and your lover) don’t forget to buy them eco-friendly flowers and slavery-free chocolate. Nothing is more of a turn-on than intact morals.
3. After all those aphrodisiacs are in your system, you’ll want to heat up your sex life, so don’t forget about PETA-approved condoms and sweatshop-free lingerie.
4. If heteronormativity isn't your speed, perhaps you’ll want to queer up your vegan Valentine’s Day. Think Joan Jett, fair-trade vulva-shaped chocolates, and standing in solidarity with other marginalized groups.
5. The truth is, nobody will love you with the same fervor as your dog—so after you're done smooching them, tap into your animal-rights activism by extending your heart in the direction of farmed animals, then allow yourself to learn some lessons about love from sea critters, who are probably more devoted than your last romance.
6. If you’re still looking for a romantic partner, (even though some folks would rather be single than coupled, and for good reason), you might just find that nurturing a vegan romance can be as easy as a few clicks on a mobile app.
7. For those of you who like to make food yourselves (and nothing is better foreplay than bringing attention to your hands, let’s be real), keep things festive with one of our beet-inspired recipes. If the red root-vegetables aren’t your beat, a romantic three-course dinner at home will surely wow anyone. Don’t forget to set the mood with the right music and ambience.
8. The very best way to celebrate Valentine’s Day is with good old-fashioned self-love. After you’re done binge-watching movies from the comfort of your house, show your skin and hair some much-needed TLC with vegan DIY beauty treatments, and cap off the night with healthy raw vegan desserts (we promise, they don’t taste healthy).
Happy Valentine’s Day!
5 Ideas for a Great Vegan Spring Wedding
Spring is the season of rebirth, making it the perfect time to get married and enter a new phase of life with the person you love.
Read More »
5 Hot Vegan Shoes for Spring
With spring comes sunshine, rain, and all of the new shoe styles that designers have to offer.
Read More »
3 Reasons to Eat Your Fruit and Vegetables
Studies show that your health improves when you eat the proper amount of fruit and vegetables.
Read More »
My Sneaky Plan to Convince a 17-Year-Old to Go Vegan
Teenagers are known to be stubborn but this semi-stepmom will stop at nothing to get an underage angel to eat a god#@!? veggie burger.
Read More »
7 Vegan Songs to Add to Your Playlist
For those who avoid supporting animal exploitation, why not extend that same ethos to your music collection?
Read More »
- How a Plant-based Diet Saved This Doctors Career
- 6 Places to Meet a Vegan to Love
- How (and Why) You Should Become a Vegan Regular
- 7 Books to Share with Your Veg-Curious Love Interest
- 10 Products I Cant Wait to Try at Expo West
- 7 Vegan-Friendly Childrens Books to Share with Your Kids
- 7 Vegan & Cruelty-free Beauty YouTubers
- 6 Libido-Enhancing Vegan Foods
- 5 Things You Learn After Veg Speed Dating
- How to Combat the USDA's Animal Welfare Blackout
- 6 Things to Know about Fat Shaming Among Vegans
- 4 Tips for Nurturing a Great Vegan Romance
- 5 Dreamy Vegan Valentine's Day Proposals
- 6 Ways to Queer Your Vegan Valentines Day
- 9 Movie-and-Food Combinations for the Single Vegan on Valentines Day
- 6 Ways to Woo a Vegan Girl Online
- Animals in Love: 5 Species That Commit
- 6 Books Changing Veganism in 2017
- 5 Dating Tips from a Vegan Dating Expert
- 5 Heart Health Tips from Plant-Based Medical Pros