8 Love-Infused Vegan Events to Celebrate Valentine's Day
No animals were harmed in the making of these upcoming vegan Valentine's Day happenings.
Looking for a romantic way to spend this Valentine’s Day? These eight vegan-centric events across the country feature gourmet meals, romantic getaways, and cooking classes that will ensure your February 14 is filled with everything your heart and stomach desire.
1. A four-course vegan meal at Quintessence
New York City-based gourmet raw restaurant Quintessence will be featuring plant-based guest chef Pas Niratband for a four-course Valentine’s Day-themed dinner. The menu includes items such as Panna Cotta with Tarragon-Peach Sauce and Beet Ravioli with "Goat Cheese" and Rosemary "Cream" Sauce.
2. Valentine’s special at Stanford Inn
Escape to a romantic getaway for two at Stanford Inn by the Sea in Mendocino, CA, where the Valentine’s Day Special includes a two-night stay in rooms featuring wood-burning fireplaces and a private deck, a five-course vegan Valentine's Day dinner for two, and sparkling wine and chocolates in your cozy room. You must call the Stanford Inn Eco-Resort directly to get in on the action!
3. Vegan soul food Valentine’s dinner at The Ruck
Fill your stomach and soul with sophisticated vegan beer and food pairings at The Ruck in New York’s quaint Hudson Valley. New Belgium Brewing’s vegan drinks are featured along with soul-inspired food such as Popcorn Okra, BBQ Collard and Black Eyed Pea Rolls, and Chocolate Pecan Pie with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, all lovingly prepared by The Ruck’s Chef Rachel Mabb.
4. Vegan Valentine's Day cooking class
Go hands-on with a plant-based cooking class led by Chef Brittany Love of Free Birds Vegan Baker in Atlanta, GA. Whether you’re going as a couple or on your own, dice, mix, and chop your way to a mouthwatering three-course meal.
5. Vegan Valentine's Four Course Pop-Up Dinner
Dallas, TX-based V-Eats Modern Vegan is hosting a fine-dining Valentine’s Day dinner complete with specially formulated cocktails. The eclectic menu features dishes such as Hen of Woods and Spinach Ravioli with Spicy Roasted Tomato Sauce, and Farfalle Alfredo with Lemon Butter Seared Trumpet Scallops, as well as luscious cocktails such as the Chocolate Dreamer featuring Vanilla Stoli, Almond Milk, and Cinnamon Syrup.
6. Philly Vegan Pop Flea—Feeling the Love Market
All Philly-based vegans should take a trip over to the vegan pop-up flea market in the Friends Center for a fun-filled, Valentine’s-themed vegan market. With more than 20 vendors, including plant-based food booths, this is one love-filled event you won’t want to miss.
7. Chicago Vegan Test Kitchen: Love Yourself Valentine's Pop-Up
Chicago's Vegan Test Kitchen highlights the city’s diverse community of local, plant-based chefs and vendors featuring a wide array of cruelty-free goods. Many booths will be featuring V-Day-themed treats, so make sure to treat yourself, or pick up something for that special someone.
8. Vegan Valentine's Beer Dinner
Mudhen Meat and Greens in Dallas, TX is hosting a love-themed dinner featuring a four-course plant-based menu paired with local vegan brews. Some menu highlights include Butternut Squash Risotto with roasted root vegetables and savory cremini mushrooms, and Gooseberry Cobbler with roasted quince and oat crumble topping.
Sarah McLaughlin is an assistant editor at VegNews who is more than happy to use Valentine’s Day as an excuse to eat more chocolate.
A Vegan Father's Day Letter to an Omnivore Dad
Want to give your father a great gift on his special holiday? Tell him why he should go vegan.
Read More »
The Ultimate Vegan Road Trip PART ONE
The first in our two part-series begins in the Northeast and ends in Sweet Home Chicago.
Read More »
Sizzling Vegan Summer Beauty Brands and Tips
Its too hot to contour, and who has time to paint a painstaking smoky eye when there are veggie burgers to grill and rosé to drink?
Read More »
9 Simple Steps to Making a Vegan Man Cave for Father's Day
This Father's Day, gift Dad with a perfect vegan addition to his sanctuary.
Read More »
8 Easy Ways to Have a Relaxing Father's Day
This June 17, you might be surprised by what Dad really wants …
Read More »
- 7 Glittery, Fabulous, Thrilling, Uncompromising, Inclusive, Vegan Ways I Plan on Celebrating Gay Pride Month
- 28 Vegan Father's Day Gift Ideas for Every Kind of Dad
- 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
- 5 Ideas for a Great Vegan Spring Wedding
- 5 Zero-Waste Tips for Vegans
- 40 Things I Desperately Want to Eat at Los Angeles' Hottest Vegan Festival
- How to Throw the Ultimate Graduation Vegan Barbecue
- 5 Ways to Celebrate a Vegan Mother's Day with Your Mom
- 7 Pampering Vegan Products That Say I Love You, Mom
- Wicked Kitchen Chef Dishes on the Future of Vegan Food
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- 3 Vegan Prom Makeup Looks
- The Ex-Airline Pilot Behind New York's Favorite Vegan Burger
- 10 Vegan Oatmeal Cups for the Person on the Go
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- This 10-Minute Documentary Is Showing How Children Are Embracing Veganism
- It's Time for Men to Get Over Their Fears of Being Vegan
- We're Giving 5 Classic Films a Vegan Makeover
- VegFest Puerto Rico Built Community and Mainstreamed Veganism
- 8 Vegan Foods Making the 2018 Food-Trend List