8 Love-Infused Vegan Events to Celebrate Valentine's Day
No animals were harmed in the making of these upcoming vegan Valentine's Day happenings.
Looking for a romantic way to spend this Valentine’s Day? These eight vegan-centric events across the country feature gourmet meals, romantic getaways, and cooking classes that will ensure your February 14 is filled with everything your heart and stomach desire.
1. A four-course vegan meal at Quintessence
New York City-based gourmet raw restaurant Quintessence will be featuring plant-based guest chef Pas Niratband for a four-course Valentine’s Day-themed dinner. The menu includes items such as Panna Cotta with Tarragon-Peach Sauce and Beet Ravioli with "Goat Cheese" and Rosemary "Cream" Sauce.
2. Valentine’s special at Stanford Inn
Escape to a romantic getaway for two at Stanford Inn by the Sea in Mendocino, CA, where the Valentine’s Day Special includes a two-night stay in rooms featuring wood-burning fireplaces and a private deck, a five-course vegan Valentine's Day dinner for two, and sparkling wine and chocolates in your cozy room. You must call the Stanford Inn Eco-Resort directly to get in on the action!
3. Vegan soul food Valentine’s dinner at The Ruck
Fill your stomach and soul with sophisticated vegan beer and food pairings at The Ruck in New York’s quaint Hudson Valley. New Belgium Brewing’s vegan drinks are featured along with soul-inspired food such as Popcorn Okra, BBQ Collard and Black Eyed Pea Rolls, and Chocolate Pecan Pie with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, all lovingly prepared by The Ruck’s Chef Rachel Mabb.
4. Vegan Valentine's Day cooking class
Go hands-on with a plant-based cooking class led by Chef Brittany Love of Free Birds Vegan Baker in Atlanta, GA. Whether you’re going as a couple or on your own, dice, mix, and chop your way to a mouthwatering three-course meal.
5. Vegan Valentine's Four Course Pop-Up Dinner
Dallas, TX-based V-Eats Modern Vegan is hosting a fine-dining Valentine’s Day dinner complete with specially formulated cocktails. The eclectic menu features dishes such as Hen of Woods and Spinach Ravioli with Spicy Roasted Tomato Sauce, and Farfalle Alfredo with Lemon Butter Seared Trumpet Scallops, as well as luscious cocktails such as the Chocolate Dreamer featuring Vanilla Stoli, Almond Milk, and Cinnamon Syrup.
6. Philly Vegan Pop Flea—Feeling the Love Market
All Philly-based vegans should take a trip over to the vegan pop-up flea market in the Friends Center for a fun-filled, Valentine’s-themed vegan market. With more than 20 vendors, including plant-based food booths, this is one love-filled event you won’t want to miss.
7. Chicago Vegan Test Kitchen: Love Yourself Valentine's Pop-Up
Chicago's Vegan Test Kitchen highlights the city’s diverse community of local, plant-based chefs and vendors featuring a wide array of cruelty-free goods. Many booths will be featuring V-Day-themed treats, so make sure to treat yourself, or pick up something for that special someone.
8. Vegan Valentine's Beer Dinner
Mudhen Meat and Greens in Dallas, TX is hosting a love-themed dinner featuring a four-course plant-based menu paired with local vegan brews. Some menu highlights include Butternut Squash Risotto with roasted root vegetables and savory cremini mushrooms, and Gooseberry Cobbler with roasted quince and oat crumble topping.
Sarah McLaughlin is an assistant editor at VegNews who is more than happy to use Valentine’s Day as an excuse to eat more chocolate.
5 Vegan Responses When Your Health Teacher Tells You to Eat Meat
If youre a vegan high school student, health class just might be the hardest course to pass.
Read More »
Vegan Self-Publishing in 4 Easy Steps
Share your work with the world, and spread the vegan message? Yes, and yes.
Read More »
Vegan St. Patricks Day 101
Learn about St. Pattys Day parades, vegan food and drinks, and the man who started it all.
Read More »
You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
This year, set your Easter table with cruelty-free plates, faux-grass runners, eggless-eggs, and compostable dessert plates.
Read More »
It's Time You Talked to Your Parents About Your Veganism
They might not understand at first, but with the help of documentaries and delicious meals, your parents will understand that your veganism is more than just a fad.
Read More »
- 5 Life Lessons I Learned in the Prison Garden
- The 10 Vegan Swag Bag Items That Will Make You Wish You Were Going to the Oscars
- Want to Make Sure Your College Choice Is as Vegan as You Are? Here's How
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- Rapper Styles P's Juice Shops are Introducing More Hip-Hop Fans to Plant-Based Living
- Cafeterias Across the Country are Going Vegan. Here's Why ...
- We'd Love These 10 Celebs Even More if They Went Vegan
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- Want Political Change? It's Time to Start Voting Vegan
- A Vegan Teen Guide to Ordering Food at Non-Vegan Restaurants
- 5 Reasons Your Next Vacation Should Be Aboard the Vegan Holistic Holiday at Sea
- How Do You Remember 100 Songs in 4 Days? For Pop-Punk Band Alkaline Trio, the Answer is Veganism
- 5 Woman-Owned Vegan Businesses You Should Be Obsessed With
- 6 Valentine's Day Gifts for that Vegan Curmudgeon in Your Life
- 6 Red-Hot Vegan Lipsticks To Drive Your Valentine Crazy
- How a Vegan Canadian Figure Skater Prepared to Win Gold at the Winter Olympics
- How to Be a Vegan Teen Valentine
- Vegan Valentine's Day Tips From No. 1 Best-Selling Author Kathy Freston
- 5 Vegan Turmeric Recipes for Those Who Are Slightly Intimidated by It
- How A Vegan Diet is Making ''Everything'' Easier for One Punk Singer