9 Vegan Cosmetics Youll Buy as Holiday Gifts, Then Probably Keep For Yourself
Indulge in animal-friendly cosmetics and possibly help someone go cruelty-free for the new year? Yes, and yes!
Are you looking for the best cruelty-free vegan beauty gifts to give this season? If so, look no further, as we’re showcasing nine of the best cruelty-free cosmetics that are so good they just might make it onto your holiday wish list.
1. Melt Cosmetics Rust Stack
Melt Cosmetics’ Rust Stack is full of warm-toned, blendable colors that can create multiple looks (think natural eye to all-out deep and smoky) depending on your mood. This sleek stack comes with a mirror and a travel-friendly design, making it a winner for those on the go.
2. Ciaté London
Why have one lip color when you can have five? Ciaté London’s Snow Globe Collective: Kiss Set’s colors flatter an array of skin tones, making it a no-fail gift. Even better? These miniature-sized velvet lip lacquers are the perfect size to fit in a pocket for mid-afternoon touchups.
From sweet to sultry, Pinrose has a scent for everyone on your holiday shopping list. We love (and wear) the rich, enticing scents of Gilded Fox and Secret Genius (both of which are vanilla based). If the person for whom you are buying can never make up their mind, gift them a set of petal packs that you can customize, so they have something new to choose from every day.
4. Kat Von D Beauty
Kat Von D Beauty has four limited-edition liquid lip colors, and each purchase donates 20 percent to farmed-animal organization Farm Sanctuary. We love the fact that each shade is named after an animal at the sanctuary (eg, “Julia” is a peach-toned pink, and “Bruno” is a bold metallic blue). While you’re at it, pick up more goodies from the shop—the site makes it easy to shop for vegan items by selecting “Vegan Alert” from the drop-down menu.
Morphe’s nine-piece vegan set includes brushes made from synthetic fibers and comes in a handy storage pouch. This set is a good gift for someone beginning a career in the makeup industry, as well as a seasoned pro.
Give the gift of great skin with a massaging facial cleaning brush and Daily Cleansing Kit in this gift-ready set from e.l.f. The brush features silicone bristles and is battery-operated for a deep clean. Pair it with the gentle face wash to say bye bye to dirt, oil, and clogged pores.
If you know someone who loves fruity- and floral-scented products (and having the softest skin in town), pick up the Mini Body Butter Collection. The set comes with five nut and seed oils perfect for dry winter skin in a body butter that goes on like a lotion. Furthermore, if you want to introduce someone to the Pacifica line, the Best Of Pacifica Set is a good place to start, as it comes with perfume, deodorant wipes, hand cream and a body butter in generous trial sizes in an intoxicating vanilla-with-hints-of-coconut scent.
Do you know a bath junkie? If so, give them the gift of Lush’s Stardust set, which has seven bath products to make the tub sparkle. The magic wand is our favorite because it smells like candy and makes a bath turn into a special event with a flick of the wrist.
9. Jack Black
The Triple Play Gift Set from Jack Black is a winner. There’s a face wash and SPF 20 moisturizer for the face, while the Turbo cleanser can be used on the hair and body. Housed in sleek, minimal packaging with clean scents that don’t overwhelm, this set has that special someone covered from head to toe. If you want to add an extra treat from the line, give the gift of scent thanks to the Signature Scent Collection’s four scents that are perfect for trying something new.
Kendy Paxia hopes Santa brings her makeup this year!
Photo courtesy of @katvondbeauty
10 Reasons New Vegan Documentary The Game Changers Will Literally Change Every Game
One part What the Health and 10 parts of the most inspiring fitness routine you've ever seen, this new film—executively produced by James Cameron—will have you sweating in your seat.
Read More »
25 Accidentally Vegan Snacks You Can Find at Virtually Any Convenience Store
Forget the quinoa, and pass the Sour Patch Kids.
Read More »
14 Ways to Step Up Your Vegan Popcorn Game
Whether you prefer savory or sweet, weve got something for everyone on this list of snack-worthy recipes to celebrate National Popcorn Day.
Read More »
In 2018, Being Vegan Also Means Being a Recycler
Recycling saves the planet (and its inhabitants) and is great for tight budgets.
Read More »
Well, That Was Quick. 7 Ways Were Breaking Our 2018 Resolutions with the New Vegan Ben & Jerrys Flavors
The debut of the new flavors from this iconic ice cream brand have us dreaming of all the ways we plan on eating them.
Read More »
- How a Vegan Celebrity Chef Became One of Biggest Influencers in Atlanta
- 4 Vegan Athletes Who Think You Need to Join the #PlantMilkChallenge
- From 6 Months to Live to a New Lease On Life: Veganism Saved Her Life
- If Your Baby Could Talk, They Would Tell You They Really Want Vegan Diaper Ointments
- If Going Vegan is Your Resolution This Year, Read This
- 2018 is the Year of the Vegan Wine and Cheese Pairings
- How a Vegan Restaurateur Balances Work and a Hunter Husband
- You Are Only 6 Steps Away from Your Best Vegan Year Ever
- Everything You Need to Know About Milk Substitutes
- Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams' Enforced Policy Literally Saved His Life
- Frick 2017! Heres What VegNews Editors Plan to Do in 2018 …
- Want to Lower Your Blood Pressure? Go Vegan!
- Are Your Sweeteners as Vegan and Ethical as You Are?
- Is So-Called Clean Meat Vegan? Paul Shapiro Has the Answer
- The VegNews Vegan Starter Kit
- The 12 Best Vegan Desserts of All Time at Trader Joes
- Winter Doesnt Stand a Chance Thanks to These 5 Vegan Skin Products
- Why Jackie Day Should Be Your New Vegan BFF
- 9 Vegan Startups You Need to Know About in 2018
- 2018 is the Year Your Skin Goes Vegan, Too