You Are 5 Minutes Away From Having the Perfect Vegan Winter Face
Get your seasonal glow in less time than it takes to brew your morning coffee.
If you’re anything like us, all you want come winter is moisture and an easy, rosy glow. Basically, we want to look the opposite of what winter can do to our faces if we don’t bathe it in a vial of oil every night. Once we lock down this hydration situation, the makeup goal is to do as little as possible to look alive and dewy (but not like we’re trying). Why? Because the time we don’t spend during December trying to perfect winged liner or contour like Kim K instead gets spent drinking vegan nog at holiday parties and cooking our way through The Edgy Veg: 138 Carnivore-Approved Vegan Recipes cookbook (hello, tomato bisque and grilled cheese combo!). To find out how to achieve the perfect five-minute face, we’re highlighting a few of our favorite vegan beauty products that helps us get a foolproof-but-fast winter glow.
We’re exploring a few different oils right now and loving WHYLD’s Youth Activating Elixir made with marula oil and Gaffer & Child’s argan-oil -based Hydrating Serum. A little bit of WHYLD’s new Dynamic Defense lotion, and we’re lubed up and ready to prime.
We’ve just not been that into sticky SPFs after discovering Coola’s Mineral SPF 30 Makeup Primer at natural beauty haven Credo. The product goes on like a slightly chalky primer and disappears like sun-protecting magic—the best of both worlds.
We’re not bothering with full-on foundation for this five-minute face. Instead, just a few strategic swipes of Arbonne’s new The Real Conceal Liquid Concealer under our eyes, around our noses, and wherever else is looking a little pinker than we’d like.
Our favorite new finds this season are One Over One’s Base Glow Sheer Light, which can go all over (but we use it like a traditional primer plus a generous swipe over eyelids), or Kjaer Weis’ solid Cream Highlighter (another Credo find). We started with cautious applications of both, but now we go wild to maximize that winter dewiness.
We’ve been using one little pot of Urban Decay Moondust eyeshadow in Diamond Dog after dark, and that’s it for serious nighttime dazzle. The product is buildable and sparkly in a way that doesn’t work for us during any other time of year.
Troublemaker is our new go-to for major lashes. In other words, it’s Diorshow gone vegan. The product is buildable, makes our lashes look fatter and longer, and doesn’t find its way underneath our eyes after 30 minutes like other vegan mascaras do.
To set everything, anywhere, we use La Bella Donna’s portable mineral SPF LBD powder in Sun because you can never have enough sun protection on your face (and because we know that some Botox and fillers aren't vegan).
We’ve been into Thrive Causemetics’ Triple Threat Color Stick for an easy, natural boost of color to lips and cheeks. Bonus points for being made with vitamin C and primrose oil for extra hydration.
5 Vegan Responses When Your Health Teacher Tells You to Eat Meat
If youre a vegan high school student, health class just might be the hardest course to pass.
Read More »
Vegan Self-Publishing in 4 Easy Steps
Share your work with the world, and spread the vegan message? Yes, and yes.
Read More »
You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
This year, set your Easter table with cruelty-free plates, faux-grass runners, eggless-eggs, and compostable dessert plates.
Read More »
It's Time You Talked to Your Parents About Your Veganism
They might not understand at first, but with the help of documentaries and delicious meals, your parents will understand that your veganism is more than just a fad.
Read More »
5 Life Lessons I Learned in the Prison Garden
After being sentenced to 240 years behind bars, I wondered: how could I turn my dirt-filled life into something beautiful? I decided to dig deep.
Read More »
- The 10 Vegan Swag Bag Items That Will Make You Wish You Were Going to the Oscars
- Want to Make Sure Your College Choice Is as Vegan as You Are? Here's How
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- Rapper Styles P's Juice Shops are Introducing More Hip-Hop Fans to Plant-Based Living
- Cafeterias Across the Country are Going Vegan. Here's Why ...
- We'd Love These 10 Celebs Even More if They Went Vegan
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- Want Political Change? It's Time to Start Voting Vegan
- A Vegan Teen Guide to Ordering Food at Non-Vegan Restaurants
- 5 Reasons Your Next Vacation Should Be Aboard the Vegan Holistic Holiday at Sea
- How Do You Remember 100 Songs in 4 Days? For Pop-Punk Band Alkaline Trio, the Answer is Veganism
- 5 Woman-Owned Vegan Businesses You Should Be Obsessed With
- 6 Valentine's Day Gifts for that Vegan Curmudgeon in Your Life
- 6 Red-Hot Vegan Lipsticks To Drive Your Valentine Crazy
- How a Vegan Canadian Figure Skater Prepared to Win Gold at the Winter Olympics
- How to Be a Vegan Teen Valentine
- Vegan Valentine's Day Tips From No. 1 Best-Selling Author Kathy Freston
- 5 Vegan Turmeric Recipes for Those Who Are Slightly Intimidated by It
- How A Vegan Diet is Making ''Everything'' Easier for One Punk Singer
- Your Meat-Eating Friends Want One of These 10 Vegan Books