You Are 5 Minutes Away From Having the Perfect Vegan Winter Face
Get your seasonal glow in less time than it takes to brew your morning coffee.
If you’re anything like us, all you want come winter is moisture and an easy, rosy glow. Basically, we want to look the opposite of what winter can do to our faces if we don’t bathe it in a vial of oil every night. Once we lock down this hydration situation, the makeup goal is to do as little as possible to look alive and dewy (but not like we’re trying). Why? Because the time we don’t spend during December trying to perfect winged liner or contour like Kim K instead gets spent drinking vegan nog at holiday parties and cooking our way through The Edgy Veg: 138 Carnivore-Approved Vegan Recipes cookbook (hello, tomato bisque and grilled cheese combo!). To find out how to achieve the perfect five-minute face, we’re highlighting a few of our favorite vegan beauty products that helps us get a foolproof-but-fast winter glow.
We’re exploring a few different oils right now and loving WHYLD’s Youth Activating Elixir made with marula oil and Gaffer & Child’s argan-oil -based Hydrating Serum. A little bit of WHYLD’s new Dynamic Defense lotion, and we’re lubed up and ready to prime.
We’ve just not been that into sticky SPFs after discovering Coola’s Mineral SPF 30 Makeup Primer at natural beauty haven Credo. The product goes on like a slightly chalky primer and disappears like sun-protecting magic—the best of both worlds.
We’re not bothering with full-on foundation for this five-minute face. Instead, just a few strategic swipes of Arbonne’s new The Real Conceal Liquid Concealer under our eyes, around our noses, and wherever else is looking a little pinker than we’d like.
Our favorite new finds this season are One Over One’s Base Glow Sheer Light, which can go all over (but we use it like a traditional primer plus a generous swipe over eyelids), or Kjaer Weis’ solid Cream Highlighter (another Credo find). We started with cautious applications of both, but now we go wild to maximize that winter dewiness.
We’ve been using one little pot of Urban Decay Moondust eyeshadow in Diamond Dog after dark, and that’s it for serious nighttime dazzle. The product is buildable and sparkly in a way that doesn’t work for us during any other time of year.
Troublemaker is our new go-to for major lashes. In other words, it’s Diorshow gone vegan. The product is buildable, makes our lashes look fatter and longer, and doesn’t find its way underneath our eyes after 30 minutes like other vegan mascaras do.
To set everything, anywhere, we use La Bella Donna’s portable mineral SPF LBD powder in Sun because you can never have enough sun protection on your face (and because we know that some Botox and fillers aren't vegan).
We’ve been into Thrive Causemetics’ Triple Threat Color Stick for an easy, natural boost of color to lips and cheeks. Bonus points for being made with vitamin C and primrose oil for extra hydration.
5 Vegan Summer Date Ideas
Summer lovin' happens so fast, especially when you're taking your date on vegan adventures.
Read More »
7 Glittery, Fabulous, Thrilling, Uncompromising, Inclusive, Vegan Ways I Plan on Celebrating Gay Pride Month
As a seasoned vegan lesbian but a brand new Angeleno, this year, I'm going all-in.
Read More »
The Ultimate Vegan Road Trip PART ONE
The first in our two part-series begins in the Northeast and ends in Sweet Home Chicago.
Read More »
Sizzling Vegan Summer Beauty Brands and Tips
Its too hot to contour, and who has time to paint a painstaking smoky eye when there are veggie burgers to grill and rosé to drink?
Read More »
9 Simple Steps to Making a Vegan Man Cave for Father's Day
This Father's Day, gift Dad with a perfect vegan addition to his sanctuary.
Read More »
- 8 Easy Ways to Have a Relaxing Father's Day
- 28 Vegan Father's Day Gift Ideas for Every Kind of Dad
- 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
- 5 Ideas for a Great Vegan Spring Wedding
- 5 Zero-Waste Tips for Vegans
- 40 Things I Desperately Want to Eat at Los Angeles' Hottest Vegan Festival
- How to Throw the Ultimate Graduation Vegan Barbecue
- 5 Ways to Celebrate a Vegan Mother's Day with Your Mom
- 7 Pampering Vegan Products That Say I Love You, Mom
- Wicked Kitchen Chef Dishes on the Future of Vegan Food
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- 3 Vegan Prom Makeup Looks
- The Ex-Airline Pilot Behind New York's Favorite Vegan Burger
- 10 Vegan Oatmeal Cups for the Person on the Go
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- This 10-Minute Documentary Is Showing How Children Are Embracing Veganism
- It's Time for Men to Get Over Their Fears of Being Vegan
- We're Giving 5 Classic Films a Vegan Makeover
- VegFest Puerto Rico Built Community and Mainstreamed Veganism
- 8 Vegan Foods Making the 2018 Food-Trend List