Top 10 Vegan Stories of 2017
Want to know the hottest vegan lifestyle stories of 2017? Here are your top 10 favorite reads of the year.
Whether it was the top vegan finds at Costco or our countdown of the best-ever vegan cities in America, VegNews readers couldn’t get enough of veganism—all facets of it—in 2017. In honor of the vegan lifestyle becoming more popular than ever this year, we’ve compiled a list of the 10 most-read features on VegNews.com so we can look back at all that’s been accomplished, and look forward to even more to come in 2018.
1. 11 Stellar Vegan Jackfruit Recipes
From tuna melts to mint smoothies, there’s almost nothing jackfruit can’t do—and these 11 mouthwatering recipes prove it.
2. 15 Vegan Things at Costco You Need to Try Now
Who knew the big-box store was such a haven for plant-based products? Sixty-four-ounce tubs of avocado hummus, we’re coming for you.
3. Top 10 Vegan Cities in America
It’s Portland vs. New York City vs. Los Angeles for our top spot—which city took the crown in this hotly anticipated feature? Click to find out.
4. 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
We love our vegan cupcakes, but when we want to shed a few pounds and feel better, we’re turning to these easy tips to help get us to our goal.
5. 20 Vegan Things at Target That Will Revolutionize Your Pantry
Ice cream! Burritos! Caramel! Coffee creamers! Popcorn! Be right back, we’re going on a Target run.
6. The Three-Day Detox Plan Anyone Can Do
When we want a reboot (after perhaps too much ice cream, burritos, caramel, etc.), this simple, less-than-half-a-week plan always has us feeling cleansed and ready to take on the day.
7. 10 (Mouthwatering) Vegan Frappuccinos at Starbucks
Thanks to a slew of non-dairy milk options, frosty favorites (including the classic Caramel Frappuccino) can be totally veganized. Happy sipping!
8. Vegan Baking Substitution Guide
VegNews readers had their ovens on overdrive in 2017, as our ultimate how-to guide on cruelty-free baking swaps was a top-clicked piece this year.
9. 13 New Vegan Holiday Products at Trader Joe’s You Need to Snag Before They Disappear
Our guide to next-level, seasonal TJ finds isn’t even a month old, but vegans want their almond nog and coconut whipped cream, so we’re not surprised by how popular this story was.
10. 4 Mistakes Vegans Make About Their Health
An animal-free, whole foods-based diet works wonders for your health, but it’s not a magic bullet. Be mindful of these four misconceptions, as reported by the brilliant Joel Kahn, MD, otherwise known as “America’s Healthy Heart Doctor.”
Don't miss our list of Top 10 Vegan News Stories of 2017!
10 Reasons New Vegan Documentary The Game Changers Will Literally Change Every Game
One part What the Health and 10 parts of the most inspiring fitness routine you've ever seen, this new film—executively produced by James Cameron—will have you sweating in your seat.
Read More »
25 Accidentally Vegan Snacks You Can Find at Virtually Any Convenience Store
Forget the quinoa, and pass the Sour Patch Kids.
Read More »
14 Ways to Step Up Your Vegan Popcorn Game
Whether you prefer savory or sweet, weve got something for everyone on this list of snack-worthy recipes to celebrate National Popcorn Day.
Read More »
In 2018, Being Vegan Also Means Being a Recycler
Recycling saves the planet (and its inhabitants) and is great for tight budgets.
Read More »
Well, That Was Quick. 7 Ways Were Breaking Our 2018 Resolutions with the New Vegan Ben & Jerrys Flavors
The debut of the new flavors from this iconic ice cream brand have us dreaming of all the ways we plan on eating them.
Read More »
- How a Vegan Celebrity Chef Became One of Biggest Influencers in Atlanta
- 4 Vegan Athletes Who Think You Need to Join the #PlantMilkChallenge
- From 6 Months to Live to a New Lease On Life: Veganism Saved Her Life
- If Your Baby Could Talk, They Would Tell You They Really Want Vegan Diaper Ointments
- If Going Vegan is Your Resolution This Year, Read This
- 2018 is the Year of the Vegan Wine and Cheese Pairings
- How a Vegan Restaurateur Balances Work and a Hunter Husband
- You Are Only 6 Steps Away from Your Best Vegan Year Ever
- Everything You Need to Know About Milk Substitutes
- Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams' Enforced Policy Literally Saved His Life
- Frick 2017! Heres What VegNews Editors Plan to Do in 2018 …
- Want to Lower Your Blood Pressure? Go Vegan!
- Are Your Sweeteners as Vegan and Ethical as You Are?
- Is So-Called Clean Meat Vegan? Paul Shapiro Has the Answer
- The VegNews Vegan Starter Kit
- The 12 Best Vegan Desserts of All Time at Trader Joes
- Winter Doesnt Stand a Chance Thanks to These 5 Vegan Skin Products
- Why Jackie Day Should Be Your New Vegan BFF
- 9 Vegan Startups You Need to Know About in 2018
- 2018 is the Year Your Skin Goes Vegan, Too