Top 10 Vegan Stories of 2017
Want to know the hottest vegan lifestyle stories of 2017? Here are your top 10 favorite reads of the year.
Whether it was the top vegan finds at Costco or our countdown of the best-ever vegan cities in America, VegNews readers couldn’t get enough of veganism—all facets of it—in 2017. In honor of the vegan lifestyle becoming more popular than ever this year, we’ve compiled a list of the 10 most-read features on VegNews.com so we can look back at all that’s been accomplished, and look forward to even more to come in 2018.
1. 11 Stellar Vegan Jackfruit Recipes
From tuna melts to mint smoothies, there’s almost nothing jackfruit can’t do—and these 11 mouthwatering recipes prove it.
2. 15 Vegan Things at Costco You Need to Try Now
Who knew the big-box store was such a haven for plant-based products? Sixty-four-ounce tubs of avocado hummus, we’re coming for you.
3. Top 10 Vegan Cities in America
It’s Portland vs. New York City vs. Los Angeles for our top spot—which city took the crown in this hotly anticipated feature? Click to find out.
4. 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
We love our vegan cupcakes, but when we want to shed a few pounds and feel better, we’re turning to these easy tips to help get us to our goal.
5. 20 Vegan Things at Target That Will Revolutionize Your Pantry
Ice cream! Burritos! Caramel! Coffee creamers! Popcorn! Be right back, we’re going on a Target run.
6. The Three-Day Detox Plan Anyone Can Do
When we want a reboot (after perhaps too much ice cream, burritos, caramel, etc.), this simple, less-than-half-a-week plan always has us feeling cleansed and ready to take on the day.
7. 10 (Mouthwatering) Vegan Frappuccinos at Starbucks
Thanks to a slew of non-dairy milk options, frosty favorites (including the classic Caramel Frappuccino) can be totally veganized. Happy sipping!
8. Vegan Baking Substitution Guide
VegNews readers had their ovens on overdrive in 2017, as our ultimate how-to guide on cruelty-free baking swaps was a top-clicked piece this year.
9. 13 New Vegan Holiday Products at Trader Joe’s You Need to Snag Before They Disappear
Our guide to next-level, seasonal TJ finds isn’t even a month old, but vegans want their almond nog and coconut whipped cream, so we’re not surprised by how popular this story was.
10. 4 Mistakes Vegans Make About Their Health
An animal-free, whole foods-based diet works wonders for your health, but it’s not a magic bullet. Be mindful of these four misconceptions, as reported by the brilliant Joel Kahn, MD, otherwise known as “America’s Healthy Heart Doctor.”
Don't miss our list of Top 10 Vegan News Stories of 2017!
3 Vegan Prom Makeup Looks
Whichever look you choose, youll feel confident knowing your face is as cruelty-free as your dress.
Read More »
We're Giving 5 Classic Films a Vegan Makeover
Classics such as Jaws, Dumbo, and King Kong would be so much better if they were filmed through a vegan lens.
Read More »
8 Vegan Foods Making the 2018 Food-Trend List
Plant-based foods have become the megatrend of the year thanks to innovative products taking up more space on grocery store shelves.
Read More »
Fall in Love With Niagara's Vegan Scene
World-famous natural landscapes and a diverse vegan cuisine await you in the Niagara region of Canada.
Read More »
If Trader Joe's Added These 11 Vegan Frozen Foods, We'd Never Have To Cook Again
Wed love Trader Joe s even more if the chain added vegan corn dogs, macaroni and cheese bites, and barbecue chicken pizza.
Read More »
- 8 Quirky Vegan Burritos To Make You Rethink Your Favorite Meal
- If You're a Broke Vegan Student, Read This
- It's Time Your Dog Went Vegan
- 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
- You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
- Did You Know César Chávez Was Also an Animal-Rights Activist?
- 10 Medical Reasons to Skip the Eggs on Easter
- 5 Startup Food Companies About to Revolutionize Veganism
- This 10-Minute Documentary Is Showing How Children Are Embracing Veganism
- 10 Vegan Easter Candies We Want To Find in Our Easter Basket
- 10 Vegan Oatmeal Cups for the Person on the Go
- 8 Reasons to Forget Keto and Go Vegan
- Rise Against Adds Veganism to Its Politically Charged Music
- Meet the Vegan Anthropologist Changing Academia
- Vegan Food Will Be Served at the NFL Draft, Thanks to This Dallas Chef
- 5 Vegan Responses When Your Health Teacher Tells You to Eat Meat
- Vegan Self-Publishing in 4 Easy Steps
- Vegan St. Patricks Day 101
- It's Time You Talked to Your Parents About Your Veganism
- 5 Life Lessons I Learned in the Prison Garden