6 Vegan Lip Glosses Perfect for Summer
Summers the time for days at the beach, warm nights under the stars, and lips that sport the perfect coat of gloss.
Some things go hand in hand with the summer’s bright, steamy days: eating al fresco, trips to the beach (or lake, for us inland folk), and glossy lips that perfectly accompany sun-kissed skin. In order to give you more time to soak in the sun, we’ve found six cruelty-free lip glosses that’ll give you a classic—and ethical—summertime look.
1. Tarte LipSurgence
If you’re looking to infuse your hot weather look with a little summertime peach, Tarte’s LipSurgence in Blissful is a wonderful lip color. Offering a fair amount of shine and a nice natural shade, LipSurgence makes a great go-to gloss to tote with you at all times. Wear it with a full face of makeup for a sexy polished look or with your bare skin to add just a bit of shine. For something on the bronzer end of the spectrum, try the gloss in Park Ave Princess. You can pick from eight shades (all vegan and cruelty-free) at the Tarte website, or test them in person at Sephora.
2. e.l.f. Lip Lacquer
Maybe you’re a purist who doesn’t want any pigment in your pretty gloss. If so, for a little bit of shine to achieve a color-free natural look, try e.l.f.’s Lip Lacquer in clear, which is only $2 at the e.l.f. website. All e.l.f. makeup is vegan, so if you decide you want the affordability of an e.l.f. gloss but crave a little color, you can pick from an assortment of shades from purple to beige. Widely available in drugstores, e.l.f. can also be found at the Target, Amazon, and Ulta websites.
3. Milk Makeup Holographic Lip Gloss
It’s always nice when a cosmetics company labels its vegan products as such, so cruelty-free Milk Makeup gets extra points for indicating its vegan status at its Sephora displays. With an edgy aesthetic, Milk Makeup’s glosses are great for those of us who want a bit of drama mixed with our gloss. With its post-modern white sheen, the Holographic Lip Gloss is great for those who want a look that’s more avant-garde than the usual gloss offerings. If you can’t get to a store to purchase it, you can order it online.
4. Modern Minerals Lip Gloss
For high gloss and a splash of color, Modern Minerals’ Goddess Lotus Wei infused Lip Gloss is a sheer red shade deliciously scented with lavender, chamomile, rose, and neroli (an essential oil derived from the bitter orange tree) that packs a bit of a (nonviolent) punch. As a moisturizing gloss, this shiny, high impact shade will smooth your lips to prepare you when your date leans in for a smooch. Best of all, Modern Minerals makeup is 100-percent vegan, so you can feel good about supporting a business that supports animals.
5. Hourglass Extreme Sheen
Hourglass cosmetics offers many products that are vegan, including the luxurious Extreme Sheen lip gloss in Ignite. The shade brings a glowing light bronze gloss with the subtlest sparkle to summertime lips. With its sheer color and medium level shine, Ignite is a great daytime gloss you can carry in your beach bag as well as a nighttime lip color to complement your evening dress. If you crave more Hourglass makeup, stop by the company’s website to assess which products are vegan.
6. Arbonne Glossed Over Lip Gloss
All-vegan Arbonne has been offering makeup for many years. Available from the Arbonne website for $25, the Glossed Over Lip Gloss in Cosmos is a fun, strong magenta shade with plenty of shine (which is perfect for when more color is in order), while Cosmos works equally well for a hot summer night out or for bringing some summer fun to days at work. There are 10 other shades from which to choose, from the perfectly pink Linden to the deep purple Hyacinth.
Maya Gottfried is the author of Vegan Love: Dating and Partnering for the Cruelty-Free Gal and Our Farm: By the Animals of Farm Sanctuary.
Vegan Food Will Be Served at the NFL Draft, Thanks to This Dallas Chef
EatSoulGoods organic food is converting people to veganism by showing customers that cruelty-free doesnt have to taste like cardboard.
Read More »
5 Vegan Responses When Your Health Teacher Tells You to Eat Meat
If youre a vegan high school student, health class just might be the hardest course to pass.
Read More »
Vegan Self-Publishing in 4 Easy Steps
Share your work with the world, and spread the vegan message? Yes, and yes.
Read More »
Vegan St. Patricks Day 101
Learn about St. Pattys Day parades, vegan food and drinks, and the man who started it all.
Read More »
You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
This year, set your Easter table with cruelty-free plates, faux-grass runners, eggless-eggs, and compostable dessert plates.
Read More »
- It's Time You Talked to Your Parents About Your Veganism
- 5 Life Lessons I Learned in the Prison Garden
- The 10 Vegan Swag Bag Items That Will Make You Wish You Were Going to the Oscars
- Want to Make Sure Your College Choice Is as Vegan as You Are? Here's How
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- Rapper Styles P's Juice Shops are Introducing More Hip-Hop Fans to Plant-Based Living
- Cafeterias Across the Country are Going Vegan. Here's Why ...
- We'd Love These 10 Celebs Even More if They Went Vegan
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- Want Political Change? It's Time to Start Voting Vegan
- A Vegan Teen Guide to Ordering Food at Non-Vegan Restaurants
- 5 Reasons Your Next Vacation Should Be Aboard the Vegan Holistic Holiday at Sea
- How Do You Remember 100 Songs in 4 Days? For Pop-Punk Band Alkaline Trio, the Answer is Veganism
- 5 Woman-Owned Vegan Businesses You Should Be Obsessed With
- 6 Valentine's Day Gifts for that Vegan Curmudgeon in Your Life
- 6 Red-Hot Vegan Lipsticks To Drive Your Valentine Crazy
- How a Vegan Canadian Figure Skater Prepared to Win Gold at the Winter Olympics
- How to Be a Vegan Teen Valentine
- Vegan Valentine's Day Tips From No. 1 Best-Selling Author Kathy Freston
- 5 Vegan Turmeric Recipes for Those Who Are Slightly Intimidated by It