8 Love-Infused Vegan Events to Celebrate Valentine's Day
No animals were harmed in the making of these upcoming vegan Valentine's Day happenings.
Looking for a romantic way to spend this Valentine’s Day? These eight vegan-centric events across the country feature gourmet meals, romantic getaways, and cooking classes that will ensure your February 14 is filled with everything your heart and stomach desire.
1. A four-course vegan meal at Quintessence
New York City-based gourmet raw restaurant Quintessence will be featuring plant-based guest chef Pas Niratband for a four-course Valentine’s Day-themed dinner. The menu includes items such as Panna Cotta with Tarragon-Peach Sauce and Beet Ravioli with "Goat Cheese" and Rosemary "Cream" Sauce.
2. Valentine’s special at Stanford Inn
Escape to a romantic getaway for two at Stanford Inn by the Sea in Mendocino, CA, where the Valentine’s Day Special includes a two-night stay in rooms featuring wood-burning fireplaces and a private deck, a five-course vegan Valentine's Day dinner for two, and sparkling wine and chocolates in your cozy room. You must call the Stanford Inn Eco-Resort directly to get in on the action!
3. Vegan soul food Valentine’s dinner at The Ruck
Fill your stomach and soul with sophisticated vegan beer and food pairings at The Ruck in New York’s quaint Hudson Valley. New Belgium Brewing’s vegan drinks are featured along with soul-inspired food such as Popcorn Okra, BBQ Collard and Black Eyed Pea Rolls, and Chocolate Pecan Pie with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, all lovingly prepared by The Ruck’s Chef Rachel Mabb.
4. Vegan Valentine's Day cooking class
Go hands-on with a plant-based cooking class led by Chef Brittany Love of Free Birds Vegan Baker in Atlanta, GA. Whether you’re going as a couple or on your own, dice, mix, and chop your way to a mouthwatering three-course meal.
5. Vegan Valentine's Four Course Pop-Up Dinner
Dallas, TX-based V-Eats Modern Vegan is hosting a fine-dining Valentine’s Day dinner complete with specially formulated cocktails. The eclectic menu features dishes such as Hen of Woods and Spinach Ravioli with Spicy Roasted Tomato Sauce, and Farfalle Alfredo with Lemon Butter Seared Trumpet Scallops, as well as luscious cocktails such as the Chocolate Dreamer featuring Vanilla Stoli, Almond Milk, and Cinnamon Syrup.
6. Philly Vegan Pop Flea—Feeling the Love Market
All Philly-based vegans should take a trip over to the vegan pop-up flea market in the Friends Center for a fun-filled, Valentine’s-themed vegan market. With more than 20 vendors, including plant-based food booths, this is one love-filled event you won’t want to miss.
7. Chicago Vegan Test Kitchen: Love Yourself Valentine's Pop-Up
Chicago's Vegan Test Kitchen highlights the city’s diverse community of local, plant-based chefs and vendors featuring a wide array of cruelty-free goods. Many booths will be featuring V-Day-themed treats, so make sure to treat yourself, or pick up something for that special someone.
8. Vegan Valentine's Beer Dinner
Mudhen Meat and Greens in Dallas, TX is hosting a love-themed dinner featuring a four-course plant-based menu paired with local vegan brews. Some menu highlights include Butternut Squash Risotto with roasted root vegetables and savory cremini mushrooms, and Gooseberry Cobbler with roasted quince and oat crumble topping.
Sarah McLaughlin is an assistant editor at VegNews who is more than happy to use Valentine’s Day as an excuse to eat more chocolate.
40 Things I Desperately Want to Eat at Los Angeles' Hottest Vegan Festival
My tupperware's set, I've only eaten kale the past four days, and I'm ready for Eat Drink Vegan.
Read More »
How to Throw the Ultimate Graduation Vegan Barbecue
Schools out for summer—or maybe even forever—so fire up the grill and treat yourself and your loved ones to the ultimate celebration.
Read More »
5 Ways to Celebrate a Vegan Mother's Day with Your Mom
Show your mom you love her with vegan food, gifts, and fun.
Read More »
7 Pampering Vegan Products That Say I Love You, Mom
This Mothers Day, say thanks to your mom by creating a relaxing environment that is ethical, cruelty-free, and aesthetically pleasing.
Read More »
Wicked Kitchen Chef Dishes on the Future of Vegan Food
Former Whole Foods UK chef Derek Sarno hops the pond to Tesco.
Read More »
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- 3 Vegan Prom Makeup Looks
- The Ex-Airline Pilot Behind New York's Favorite Vegan Burger
- 10 Vegan Oatmeal Cups for the Person on the Go
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- This 10-Minute Documentary Is Showing How Children Are Embracing Veganism
- It's Time for Men to Get Over Their Fears of Being Vegan
- We're Giving 5 Classic Films a Vegan Makeover
- VegFest Puerto Rico Built Community and Mainstreamed Veganism
- 8 Vegan Foods Making the 2018 Food-Trend List
- Fall in Love With Niagara's Vegan Scene
- If Trader Joe's Made These 11 Frozen Foods Vegan, We'd Never Have To Cook Again
- 8 Quirky Vegan Burritos To Make You Rethink Your Favorite Meal
- If You're a Broke Vegan Student, Read This
- It's Time Your Dog Went Vegan
- 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
- You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
- Did You Know César Chávez Was Also an Animal-Rights Activist?
- 10 Medical Reasons to Skip the Eggs on Easter
- 5 Startup Food Companies About to Revolutionize Veganism