Top 10 Vegan Stories of 2017
Want to know the hottest vegan lifestyle stories of 2017? Here are your top 10 favorite reads of the year.
Whether it was the top vegan finds at Costco or our countdown of the best-ever vegan cities in America, VegNews readers couldn’t get enough of veganism—all facets of it—in 2017. In honor of the vegan lifestyle becoming more popular than ever this year, we’ve compiled a list of the 10 most-read features on VegNews.com so we can look back at all that’s been accomplished, and look forward to even more to come in 2018.
1. 11 Stellar Vegan Jackfruit Recipes
From tuna melts to mint smoothies, there’s almost nothing jackfruit can’t do—and these 11 mouthwatering recipes prove it.
2. 15 Vegan Things at Costco You Need to Try Now
Who knew the big-box store was such a haven for plant-based products? Sixty-four-ounce tubs of avocado hummus, we’re coming for you.
3. Top 10 Vegan Cities in America
It’s Portland vs. New York City vs. Los Angeles for our top spot—which city took the crown in this hotly anticipated feature? Click to find out.
4. 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
We love our vegan cupcakes, but when we want to shed a few pounds and feel better, we’re turning to these easy tips to help get us to our goal.
5. 20 Vegan Things at Target That Will Revolutionize Your Pantry
Ice cream! Burritos! Caramel! Coffee creamers! Popcorn! Be right back, we’re going on a Target run.
6. The Three-Day Detox Plan Anyone Can Do
When we want a reboot (after perhaps too much ice cream, burritos, caramel, etc.), this simple, less-than-half-a-week plan always has us feeling cleansed and ready to take on the day.
7. 10 (Mouthwatering) Vegan Frappuccinos at Starbucks
Thanks to a slew of non-dairy milk options, frosty favorites (including the classic Caramel Frappuccino) can be totally veganized. Happy sipping!
8. Vegan Baking Substitution Guide
VegNews readers had their ovens on overdrive in 2017, as our ultimate how-to guide on cruelty-free baking swaps was a top-clicked piece this year.
9. 13 New Vegan Holiday Products at Trader Joe’s You Need to Snag Before They Disappear
Our guide to next-level, seasonal TJ finds isn’t even a month old, but vegans want their almond nog and coconut whipped cream, so we’re not surprised by how popular this story was.
10. 4 Mistakes Vegans Make About Their Health
An animal-free, whole foods-based diet works wonders for your health, but it’s not a magic bullet. Be mindful of these four misconceptions, as reported by the brilliant Joel Kahn, MD, otherwise known as “America’s Healthy Heart Doctor.”
Don't miss our list of Top 10 Vegan News Stories of 2017!
5 Vegan Responses When Your Health Teacher Tells You to Eat Meat
If youre a vegan high school student, health class just might be the hardest course to pass.
Read More »
Vegan Self-Publishing in 4 Easy Steps
Share your work with the world, and spread the vegan message? Yes, and yes.
Read More »
Vegan St. Patricks Day 101
Learn about St. Pattys Day parades, vegan food and drinks, and the man who started it all.
Read More »
You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
This year, set your Easter table with cruelty-free plates, faux-grass runners, eggless-eggs, and compostable dessert plates.
Read More »
It's Time You Talked to Your Parents About Your Veganism
They might not understand at first, but with the help of documentaries and delicious meals, your parents will understand that your veganism is more than just a fad.
Read More »
- 5 Life Lessons I Learned in the Prison Garden
- The 10 Vegan Swag Bag Items That Will Make You Wish You Were Going to the Oscars
- Want to Make Sure Your College Choice Is as Vegan as You Are? Here's How
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- Rapper Styles P's Juice Shops are Introducing More Hip-Hop Fans to Plant-Based Living
- Cafeterias Across the Country are Going Vegan. Here's Why ...
- We'd Love These 10 Celebs Even More if They Went Vegan
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- Want Political Change? It's Time to Start Voting Vegan
- A Vegan Teen Guide to Ordering Food at Non-Vegan Restaurants
- 5 Reasons Your Next Vacation Should Be Aboard the Vegan Holistic Holiday at Sea
- How Do You Remember 100 Songs in 4 Days? For Pop-Punk Band Alkaline Trio, the Answer is Veganism
- 5 Woman-Owned Vegan Businesses You Should Be Obsessed With
- 6 Valentine's Day Gifts for that Vegan Curmudgeon in Your Life
- 6 Red-Hot Vegan Lipsticks To Drive Your Valentine Crazy
- How a Vegan Canadian Figure Skater Prepared to Win Gold at the Winter Olympics
- How to Be a Vegan Teen Valentine
- Vegan Valentine's Day Tips From No. 1 Best-Selling Author Kathy Freston
- 5 Vegan Turmeric Recipes for Those Who Are Slightly Intimidated by It
- How A Vegan Diet is Making ''Everything'' Easier for One Punk Singer