9 Things VegNews Editors Are Thankful For
Family, avocado toast, and our companion animals are just a few things were loving this Thanksgiving.
This time of year, we become more aware of the world around us. We take note of the supposed “little things” and value the time we spend with our loved ones. And although it would be impossible for us to recognize everything for which we are thankful, VegNews staffers spent an afternoon discussing some of our most favorite things in life. With a healthy balance of the silly, the sublime, and the serious, we think you’ll agree that the nine things we’re loving this Thanksgiving help make our world a much better place.
1. No food comas
On Thanksgiving, when everyone is passed out post-carcass consumption, we’re thankful for feeling light and energetic from the load of nutrients we just had on our plates.
2. Vegan gravy
Because a non-food coma-inducing plate of nutrients tastes decidedly better when smothered in mushroom gravy.
From parents who didn’t flinch when we began labeling everything in the kitchen as vegan to siblings who allow us to be our silly selves, we’re always thankful for family, especially during the holidays.
4. Companion animals
There’s no better way to end a day than walking through our front door and discovering a furry friend waiting to greet us. Granted, it’s because (s)he is hungry, but we’ll take the love however we can get it.
5. Our jobs
Pardon our humblebrag, but we’ve seriously got the best jobs ever. We work in a completely vegan office, eat delicious food every day, talk to important people in the veg community, and get to be creative in the process.
Whether it’s using Happy Cow to determine where to lunch in a new city or following a new vegan dessert account on Instagram, technology is making veganism closer—and more fun—than ever!
7. Avocado toast
We hope never to know a life that didn’t include a morning slice of avocado toast. With a base of warm sprouted grain toast, mashed avocado, sea salt, smoked paprika, a little nooch, and arugula on top, there’s no better way to start our day at the office.
8. Nutritional yeast
Like a mother’s hug, there is absolutely nothing that nooch doesn’t make better.
We are thankful, grateful, and appreciative of everyone who supports us because without you, there wouldn’t be a VegNews.
How a Vegan Celebrity Chef Became One of Biggest Influencers in Atlanta
Chef Ahki brings a much-needed relevance and relatability to many who never imagined themselves going vegan.
Read More »
4 Vegan Athletes Who Think You Need to Join the #PlantMilkChallenge
Cruelty-free athletes explain why they ditched dairy and how they fuel their bodies with plant-based milks.
Read More »
From 6 Months to Live to a New Lease On Life: Veganism Saved Her Life
In the popular Veganism Saved My Life series, we share stories of people who have witnessed extraordinary health overhauls thanks to a plant-based diet.
Read More »
If Your Baby Could Talk, They Would Tell You They Really Want Vegan Diaper Ointments
Thanks to us, theres no reason your babies behinds shouldnt be as vegan as the rest of their bodies.
Read More »
If Going Vegan is Your Resolution This Year, Read This
For 2018, lets all focus on practicing compassion and kindness rather than judgment and comparison.
Read More »
- 2018 is the Year of the Vegan Wine and Cheese Pairings
- How a Vegan Restaurateur Balances Work and a Hunter Husband
- You Are Only 6 Steps Away from Your Best Vegan Year Ever
- Everything You Need to Know About Milk Substitutes
- Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams' Enforced Policy Literally Saved His Life
- Frick 2017! Heres What VegNews Editors Plan to Do in 2018 …
- Want to Lower Your Blood Pressure? Go Vegan!
- Are Your Sweeteners as Vegan and Ethical as You Are?
- Is So-Called Clean Meat Vegan? Paul Shapiro Has the Answer
- The 12 Best Vegan Desserts of All Time at Trader Joes
- Winter Doesnt Stand a Chance Thanks to These 5 Vegan Skin Products
- Why Jackie Day Should Be Your New Vegan BFF
- 9 Vegan Startups You Need to Know About in 2018
- 2018 is the Year Your Skin Goes Vegan, Too
- Top 10 Vegan Recipes of 2017
- Forget Cookies. Here are the 7 Vegan Treats Santa Really Wants This Year ...
- 6 Survival Tips for Vegans at Holiday Parties
- 10 Last-Minute Vegan Stocking Stuffers for the Best Christmas Ever
- 7 Household Items Easily Transformed into Vegan Holiday Décor
- Vegan Holiday Table-Setting is a Thing, and It is Amazing