7 Pampering Vegan Products That Say I Love You, Mom
This Mothers Day, say thanks to your mom by creating a relaxing environment that is ethical, cruelty-free, and aesthetically pleasing.
Mothers nurture, praise, protect, and sacrifice for us, so, this Mother’s Day, let’s return the favor by giving them gifts they would never get for themselves. Sure, these gifts can be lavish trips to foreign countries or dinner at the world’s best vegan restaurant, but not all presents need to cost a month’s salary. Instead, consider creating the perfect sanctuary for your mom in her home. To accomplish this, we’re focusing only on bedrooms, as these areas of the home are ideal pampering stations. Here’s what you’ll need to create the perfect mom sanctuary for Mother’s Day.
1. Back support
Both physically and mentally, moms lift, carry, and support the weight of their families. So, to help them relax, we recommend soft yet firm, non-allergic, and cruelty-free pillows from Nest Pillows. Even better? They’re made in the USA!
2. Reading pillows
Many moms enjoy reading in bed, but many forget that a pillow alone, while in a reading position, is not ideal for our bodies. To remedy this, get mom a reading pillow to place in front of her sleeping pillow. This one from mittaGonG is ideal because the cover comes off for cleaning, which many pillow covers don’t do. This gift also has a handle at the top so mom can take her reading pillow wherever she enjoys a good book.
3. Work surface
Does your mom enjoying working from her bed? If so, this bamboo lap desk is for her. We love the fact that the front design is made for ventilation, but the inclusion of the flower design means she can leave it on the bed during the day for a functional and visually appealing design element.
Moms deserve luxurious sheets on which to sleep, which is why we suggest these white sheets from Zen Bamboo. Made from a blend of microfiber and bamboo, these sheets are soft, durable, and wash well. Our guess? She’ll love them!
5. Bed cover
For those moms are a bit cooler than the average person, we can’t get enough of this fringed white duvet bed cover made with 100-percent cotton.
Crystals are all the rage, and why shouldn’t they be? They’re beautiful, they play with light, and they are said to have positive energy. We’re certain your mom loves all of those reasons, so get her these purple crystals, which can be placed on her bedside table to bring her a smile. Purple, by the way, is one of 2018’s trending colors.
7. A good read
There are endless books to read, but we always prefer a story that is beautiful, inspiring, and thoughtful. We Animals is a book that has more than 1,000 images of animals taken during a 10-year period by award-winning photographer JoAnne McArthur. The cover is mesmerizing, while the book’s contents will make for engaging conversation starters for years to come.
Deborah DiMare is the founder of a 100-percent vegan luxury interior design company DiMare Design and VeganDesign.org, a resource for shopping vegan furniture and learning about the emerging world of vegan interior design.
5 Vegan Summer Date Ideas
Summer lovin' happens so fast, especially when you're taking your date on vegan adventures.
Read More »
7 Glittery, Fabulous, Thrilling, Uncompromising, Inclusive, Vegan Ways I Plan on Celebrating Gay Pride Month
As a seasoned vegan lesbian but a brand new Angeleno, this year, I'm going all-in.
Read More »
The Ultimate Vegan Road Trip PART ONE
The first in our two part-series begins in the Northeast and ends in Sweet Home Chicago.
Read More »
Sizzling Vegan Summer Beauty Brands and Tips
Its too hot to contour, and who has time to paint a painstaking smoky eye when there are veggie burgers to grill and rosé to drink?
Read More »
9 Simple Steps to Making a Vegan Man Cave for Father's Day
This Father's Day, gift Dad with a perfect vegan addition to his sanctuary.
Read More »
- 8 Easy Ways to Have a Relaxing Father's Day
- 28 Vegan Father's Day Gift Ideas for Every Kind of Dad
- 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
- 5 Ideas for a Great Vegan Spring Wedding
- 5 Zero-Waste Tips for Vegans
- 40 Things I Desperately Want to Eat at Los Angeles' Hottest Vegan Festival
- How to Throw the Ultimate Graduation Vegan Barbecue
- 5 Ways to Celebrate a Vegan Mother's Day with Your Mom
- Wicked Kitchen Chef Dishes on the Future of Vegan Food
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- 3 Vegan Prom Makeup Looks
- The Ex-Airline Pilot Behind New York's Favorite Vegan Burger
- 10 Vegan Oatmeal Cups for the Person on the Go
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- This 10-Minute Documentary Is Showing How Children Are Embracing Veganism
- It's Time for Men to Get Over Their Fears of Being Vegan
- We're Giving 5 Classic Films a Vegan Makeover
- VegFest Puerto Rico Built Community and Mainstreamed Veganism
- 8 Vegan Foods Making the 2018 Food-Trend List
- Fall in Love With Niagara's Vegan Scene