Top 10 Instagram Posts of 2017
From innovative new products to mouthwatering meals, countless great moments were captured on Instagram in 2017. Here are your favorites.
It was another banner year for veganism, marked by legislative victories, mainstream media coverage, and, of course, incredible food. And nowhere captures plant-based cuisine better than Instagram, where vegans around the world share gorgeous, inspiring photos of food, fashion, and exciting new products. To celebrate this milestone year for all-things vegan, here are the most popular VegNews Instagram images of 2017.
1. Trader Joe’s Coconut Whipped Cream and Häagen-Dazs’ Dairy-Free Ice Cream
Dairy-free products have taken over the food industry in 2017, and we’re celebrating with vegan ice cream topped with a mountain of vegan whipped cream.
2. Trader Joe’s Whipped Cream
Just in time for the holidays, this coconut-based whipped cream was piled on top of vegan pies all over the States.
3. Whole Foods Whipped Cream
Speaking of whipped cream, Whole Foods was first on the scene with its pressurized can of vegan goodness, and we ate it right up.
4. Trader Joe’s Pesto
Creamy cashews paired with fresh kale and basil make an absolutely dreamy spread, and die-hard TJ’s fans have been buying it up like it’s going out of business (which it’s not).
5. Trader Joe’s Almond Nog
There’s no denying the absolute flood of plant-based products popping up left and right at Trader Joe’s, and we are totally prepared for the holidays thanks to this seasonal nog.
6. Trader Joe’s Holiday Roast
Crispy breading coating savory turkey-style seitan and flavorful stuffing is now only one trip to Trader Joe’s away.
7. Follow Your Heart Cheeses
Dairy-free cheese is better than ever, and we definitely can’t decide between all of the choices at our fingertips. We guess we’ll need to Follow Our Heart, as cheesy as that sounds!
#VegNews marched today for all women, including women of color, trans women, queer women, undocumented women, Muslim women, disabled women, and the like. And of course, it was great to see folks' intersectionality extend to the animals, too ✊️🚺🌱 #womensmarch #vegan #veganism #plantbased #vegansofinstagram #vegansofig
8. Women’s Rights March
VegNews took part in this historical global event this past January, marching for women of color, trans women, queer women, undocumented women, Muslim women, and disabled women. We loved seeing attendees extend their mindset of equality to the animals, as well!
9. Häagen-Dazs Ice Cream Pints
We practically ran to our local Target to scoop up these decadent pints when they debuted in July.
@starbucks just announced two non-dairy bottled Frappuccino beverages coming in 2018. VegNews editors are in dire need! UPDATE: VegNews has confirmed that while the new drinks can’t be verified vegan because of processing on shared equipment, there are no dairy or animal ingredients in these beverages’ formulas. Check out VegNews.com/news for the full story!
10. Starbucks Dairy-Free Frappuccinos
2017 may be coming to an end, but we are so eager to try Starbucks’ non-dairy bottled Frappuccino beverages in 2018!
10 Reasons New Vegan Documentary The Game Changers Will Literally Change Every Game
One part What the Health and 10 parts of the most inspiring fitness routine you've ever seen, this new film—executively produced by James Cameron—will have you sweating in your seat.
Read More »
25 Accidentally Vegan Snacks You Can Find at Virtually Any Convenience Store
Forget the quinoa, and pass the Sour Patch Kids.
Read More »
14 Ways to Step Up Your Vegan Popcorn Game
Whether you prefer savory or sweet, weve got something for everyone on this list of snack-worthy recipes to celebrate National Popcorn Day.
Read More »
In 2018, Being Vegan Also Means Being a Recycler
Recycling saves the planet (and its inhabitants) and is great for tight budgets.
Read More »
Well, That Was Quick. 7 Ways Were Breaking Our 2018 Resolutions with the New Vegan Ben & Jerrys Flavors
The debut of the new flavors from this iconic ice cream brand have us dreaming of all the ways we plan on eating them.
Read More »
- How a Vegan Celebrity Chef Became One of Biggest Influencers in Atlanta
- 4 Vegan Athletes Who Think You Need to Join the #PlantMilkChallenge
- From 6 Months to Live to a New Lease On Life: Veganism Saved Her Life
- If Your Baby Could Talk, They Would Tell You They Really Want Vegan Diaper Ointments
- If Going Vegan is Your Resolution This Year, Read This
- 2018 is the Year of the Vegan Wine and Cheese Pairings
- How a Vegan Restaurateur Balances Work and a Hunter Husband
- You Are Only 6 Steps Away from Your Best Vegan Year Ever
- Everything You Need to Know About Milk Substitutes
- Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams' Enforced Policy Literally Saved His Life
- Frick 2017! Heres What VegNews Editors Plan to Do in 2018 …
- Want to Lower Your Blood Pressure? Go Vegan!
- Are Your Sweeteners as Vegan and Ethical as You Are?
- Is So-Called Clean Meat Vegan? Paul Shapiro Has the Answer
- The VegNews Vegan Starter Kit
- The 12 Best Vegan Desserts of All Time at Trader Joes
- Winter Doesnt Stand a Chance Thanks to These 5 Vegan Skin Products
- Why Jackie Day Should Be Your New Vegan BFF
- 9 Vegan Startups You Need to Know About in 2018
- 2018 is the Year Your Skin Goes Vegan, Too