Top 10 Vegan Recipes of 2017
From traditional mac 'n' cheese to unconventional sweet potato pancakes, we unveil the years most popular vegan recipes.
It’s hard to imagine vegan food getting any better. Plant-based cuisine went above and beyond our wildest expectations in 2017, and we’re eager to eat it all up. In honor of another great year for veganism, here are the 10 most popular recipes on VegNews.com. We can’t wait to see what’s on the menu in 2018!
1. VegNews Vegan Macaroni & Cheese
This beloved recipe is a must-have for every celebration at the VegNews headquarters—and should be your new staple for birthdays, potlucks, and practically everything else.
2. Vegan Double-Cheese Lasagna
An idyllic, Italian-inspired dinner night is right on the horizon with this piping hot, cheeselicious lasagna made with indulgent macadamia ricotta and homemade marinara sauce. Pair with garlic bread and vegan wine to round out this dream meal.
3. Soft-Batch Sugar Cookies with Buttercream Frosting
We’re not surprised these soft and sweet cookies made it in the top three—it’s basically fluffy vanilla cake in small-batch cookie form, complete with melt-in-your-mouth buttercream frosting.
4. Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes
Is it just us or is autumn truly the best season ever? The flavors of fall flawlessly fuse together to form a stack of these surprisingly nutritious pancakes. More maple syrup, please!
5. Classic Tzatziki Sauce
Two steps is all it takes to create a cupful of this creamy, fresh sauce ready to be spread on everything from gyros to tofu scrambles.
6. Vegan Chocolate Chip Brownies
Triple the chocolate for a fun take on an otherwise traditional treat—we’re talking dark chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and semisweet chocolate chips.
7. Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
Antioxidant-packed blueberries, vitamin-rich dates, and fiber-filled nuts create a powerhouse raw dessert sure to wow any raw-food skeptic.
8. Vegan Magic Cookie Bars
This shredded coconut-topped, chocolate chip-loaded sweet confection is really, truly magic.
9. Easy Vegan Lasagna
Another lasagna on this list is a sign (from us and the universe) that it should be on your dinner menu this week. Vegan parmesan, ricotta, and mozzarella melt together for a bubbly, gooey slice of vegan cheese heaven.
10. Salted Caramel Cookies
It’s the second time this winning cookie from the 2015 VegNews Holiday Cookie Contest made it on our top recipes list—and we’re not complaining.
How Do You Remember 100 Songs in 4 Days? For Pop-Punk Band Alkaline Trio, the Answer is Veganism
Matt Skiba says eschewing dairy helps with his voice and his on-stage energy level.
Read More »
5 Woman-Owned Vegan Businesses You Should Be Obsessed With
What's even better than a vegan business? A vegan business owned by a woman.
Read More »
6 Valentine's Day Gifts for that Vegan Curmudgeon in Your Life
Buy me D3 gummies, fancy moisturizer, and a ticket to see the Misfits, and Ill be your Valentine.
Read More »
6 Red-Hot Vegan Lipsticks To Drive Your Valentine Crazy
Make your Valentines Day even hotter with these all-vegan sexy shades for your lips.
Read More »
How a Vegan Canadian Figure Skater Prepared to Win Gold at the Winter Olympics
Meagan Duhamels intense fitness regimen and plant-based diet led her to that international Olympic podium.
Read More »
- How to Be a Vegan Teen Valentine
- Vegan Valentine's Day Tips From No. 1 Best-Selling Author Kathy Freston
- 5 Vegan Turmeric Recipes for Those Who Are Slightly Intimidated by It
- How A Vegan Diet is Making ''Everything'' Easier for One Punk Singer
- Your Meat-Eating Friends Want One of These 10 Vegan Books
- 7 Ways to Veganize Your Bed, Just in Time for Valentine's Day
- 5 Steps to the Perfect Vegan Valentine's Day
- 8 Love-Infused Vegan Events to Celebrate Valentine's Day
- Thanks to These 7 Vegan Pies, We Have Declared National Pizza Day a Holiday
- No Valentine This Year? Try Vegan Speed Dating
- 6 Ways to Queer Your Vegan Valentine's Day
- Bought Too Many Vegan Girl Scout Cookies? Here are 10 Desserts You Should Make With Them
- Glow Up With These 18 Vegan Beauty Brands in 2018
- How One Chef is Getting NFL Players to Go Vegan
- From Struggling for Breath to Running Marathons: Veganism Saved His Life
- 6 Badass Vegan Women Who Don't Take Any Sh*t
- 10 Vegan Chip and Dip Match-Ups Fit For A Super Bowl Smackdown
- 20 Vegan Women You Need to Follow On Instagram Today
- A Rare Heart Disease Led this 60 Year-Old to Veganism: Veganism Saved Her Life
- How One Woman is Introducing Vegan Mexican Sweets to a Rural Southern California Desert