9 Things VegNews Editors Are Thankful For
Family, avocado toast, and our companion animals are just a few things were loving this Thanksgiving.
This time of year, we become more aware of the world around us. We take note of the supposed “little things” and value the time we spend with our loved ones. And although it would be impossible for us to recognize everything for which we are thankful, VegNews staffers spent an afternoon discussing some of our most favorite things in life. With a healthy balance of the silly, the sublime, and the serious, we think you’ll agree that the nine things we’re loving this Thanksgiving help make our world a much better place.
1. No food comas
On Thanksgiving, when everyone is passed out post-carcass consumption, we’re thankful for feeling light and energetic from the load of nutrients we just had on our plates.
2. Vegan gravy
Because a non-food coma-inducing plate of nutrients tastes decidedly better when smothered in mushroom gravy.
From parents who didn’t flinch when we began labeling everything in the kitchen as vegan to siblings who allow us to be our silly selves, we’re always thankful for family, especially during the holidays.
4. Companion animals
There’s no better way to end a day than walking through our front door and discovering a furry friend waiting to greet us. Granted, it’s because (s)he is hungry, but we’ll take the love however we can get it.
5. Our jobs
Pardon our humblebrag, but we’ve seriously got the best jobs ever. We work in a completely vegan office, eat delicious food every day, talk to important people in the veg community, and get to be creative in the process.
Whether it’s using Happy Cow to determine where to lunch in a new city or following a new vegan dessert account on Instagram, technology is making veganism closer—and more fun—than ever!
7. Avocado toast
We hope never to know a life that didn’t include a morning slice of avocado toast. With a base of warm sprouted grain toast, mashed avocado, sea salt, smoked paprika, a little nooch, and arugula on top, there’s no better way to start our day at the office.
8. Nutritional yeast
Like a mother’s hug, there is absolutely nothing that nooch doesn’t make better.
We are thankful, grateful, and appreciative of everyone who supports us because without you, there wouldn’t be a VegNews.
Vegan Food Will Be Served at the NFL Draft, Thanks to This Dallas Chef
EatSoulGoods organic food is converting people to veganism by showing customers that cruelty-free doesnt have to taste like cardboard.
Read More »
5 Vegan Responses When Your Health Teacher Tells You to Eat Meat
If youre a vegan high school student, health class just might be the hardest course to pass.
Read More »
Vegan Self-Publishing in 4 Easy Steps
Share your work with the world, and spread the vegan message? Yes, and yes.
Read More »
Vegan St. Patricks Day 101
Learn about St. Pattys Day parades, vegan food and drinks, and the man who started it all.
Read More »
You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
This year, set your Easter table with cruelty-free plates, faux-grass runners, eggless-eggs, and compostable dessert plates.
Read More »
- It's Time You Talked to Your Parents About Your Veganism
- 5 Life Lessons I Learned in the Prison Garden
- The 10 Vegan Swag Bag Items That Will Make You Wish You Were Going to the Oscars
- Want to Make Sure Your College Choice Is as Vegan as You Are? Here's How
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- Rapper Styles P's Juice Shops are Introducing More Hip-Hop Fans to Plant-Based Living
- Cafeterias Across the Country are Going Vegan. Here's Why ...
- We'd Love These 10 Celebs Even More if They Went Vegan
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- Want Political Change? It's Time to Start Voting Vegan
- A Vegan Teen Guide to Ordering Food at Non-Vegan Restaurants
- 5 Reasons Your Next Vacation Should Be Aboard the Vegan Holistic Holiday at Sea
- How Do You Remember 100 Songs in 4 Days? For Pop-Punk Band Alkaline Trio, the Answer is Veganism
- 5 Woman-Owned Vegan Businesses You Should Be Obsessed With
- 6 Valentine's Day Gifts for that Vegan Curmudgeon in Your Life
- 6 Red-Hot Vegan Lipsticks To Drive Your Valentine Crazy
- How a Vegan Canadian Figure Skater Prepared to Win Gold at the Winter Olympics
- How to Be a Vegan Teen Valentine
- Vegan Valentine's Day Tips From No. 1 Best-Selling Author Kathy Freston
- 5 Vegan Turmeric Recipes for Those Who Are Slightly Intimidated by It