11 Vegan Nacho Recipes That Will Make You Forget About Taco Tuesday
In honor of National Nacho Day, were highlighting the easy-to-make treat.
Sometimes, it seems like tacos get all the glory. They even have a day devoted to them every week. However, today, we’re celebrating National Nacho Day with 11 vegan recipes that are crunchy, gooey, and shareable. Invented in 1943 by a man named Ignacio Anaya, nachos are a no-stress dish that can be prepared in a matter of minutes and help us use leftovers in our refrigerator. So, to celebrate this great food, why not grab your friends and have a nacho party? Or don’t, and keep them all for yourself!
1. Breakfast nachos
Wake up to breakfast nachos, or maybe surprise someone with breakfast in bed with this savory delight made by cookbook author/restaurant owner Isa Chandra Moskowitz. Made with tofu, potatoes, and avocado salsa, this dish refutes the notion that you can’t have dinner for breakfast.
2. Minimalist nachos
The Minimalist Baker is known for her quick, easy recipes with minimal ingredients, and this recipe proves that. If you prepare her Cashew-less Vegan Queso ahead of time, you’re looking at fresh, delicious nachos in 15 minutes.
No list of nachos is complete without beloved totchos. Often made with traditional nacho toppings, these delicious treats replace the tortilla chips with tots for awesome snack that’s ready in minutes. If you want something different, try topping your tots with cheeseburger ingredients such as lettuce, tomatoes, and onions instead.
No Face Plate has created with a winning combination of pita chips, hummus, crumbled falafel, hot sauce, and tahini atop tortilla chips. This is one mash-up we’ll be enjoying year-round.
5. Badass nachos
This recipe from Raw Till Whenever calls for making your own chips with store-bought tortillas and a nutritional yeast-based cheese sauce that’s full of cheesy flavor … minus the dairy. That sounds pretty badass to us.
6. Healthy nachos
Love & Lemons has the perfect recipe for those who want to indulge without any guilt. Named “Healthy Loaded Vegan Nachos,” this dish calls for a walnut mushroom “meat” that comes together in a few minutes without too much work.
7. Cinnamon nachos
Like sweets? If so, how about a plate of dessert nachos to satisfy your sweet tooth? Cinnamon-coated tortilla chips topped with coconut whipped cream and fresh fruit will have you do a double take when it comes to this dish from Fork & Beans.
8. Buffalo chickpea nachos
These Buffalo Chickpea Nachos topped with celery and ranch will have you wondering why you never thought of making these before. Don’t feel like making your own ranch? Top these bad boys with some Follow Your Heart Blue Cheese dressing.
9. Reuben nachos
If you like Reubens, you’ll love all those ingredients in nacho form. Even better is the fact that this recipe has a potato chip base, which makes them extra tasty.
10. Pizza nachos
Our two favorite hand-held snacks meet to create these pizza nachos! Tomato sauce, melty cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings unite for the ultimate munchie experience. You’ll never have to choose between pizza and nachos again!
11. Pad Thai nachos
East meets West in this odd but fusion from One Green Planet. Potato chips and cheddar are topped with traditional Pad Thai ingredients such as bean sprouts, peanuts, and cilantro. Drizzle with peanut butter sauce and Sriracha for a taste explosion!
12. DIY nachos
Of course, you can always make your own nachos using some of your favorite vegan foods. For instance, dairy-free sauce Nacheez makes it easy to enjoy cheesy goodness, while Mrs. Renfro’s Ghost Pepper Salsa is some of the hottest hot sauce on the market. Furthermore, Eden Foods has beans in many varieties in BPA-free cans to make sure you get your protein with your nachos (we also recommend Amy’s refried beans in traditional, black, light sodium, and green chili). Finally, no nacho plate is complete without Tapatío and Tofutti sour cream.
Photo courtesy of Minimalist Baker
Vegan Food Will Be Served at the NFL Draft, Thanks to This Dallas Chef
EatSoulGoods organic food is converting people to veganism by showing customers that cruelty-free doesnt have to taste like cardboard.
Read More »
5 Vegan Responses When Your Health Teacher Tells You to Eat Meat
If youre a vegan high school student, health class just might be the hardest course to pass.
Read More »
Vegan Self-Publishing in 4 Easy Steps
Share your work with the world, and spread the vegan message? Yes, and yes.
Read More »
Vegan St. Patricks Day 101
Learn about St. Pattys Day parades, vegan food and drinks, and the man who started it all.
Read More »
You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
This year, set your Easter table with cruelty-free plates, faux-grass runners, eggless-eggs, and compostable dessert plates.
Read More »
- It's Time You Talked to Your Parents About Your Veganism
- 5 Life Lessons I Learned in the Prison Garden
- The 10 Vegan Swag Bag Items That Will Make You Wish You Were Going to the Oscars
- Want to Make Sure Your College Choice Is as Vegan as You Are? Here's How
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- Rapper Styles P's Juice Shops are Introducing More Hip-Hop Fans to Plant-Based Living
- Cafeterias Across the Country are Going Vegan. Here's Why ...
- We'd Love These 10 Celebs Even More if They Went Vegan
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- Want Political Change? It's Time to Start Voting Vegan
- A Vegan Teen Guide to Ordering Food at Non-Vegan Restaurants
- 5 Reasons Your Next Vacation Should Be Aboard the Vegan Holistic Holiday at Sea
- How Do You Remember 100 Songs in 4 Days? For Pop-Punk Band Alkaline Trio, the Answer is Veganism
- 5 Woman-Owned Vegan Businesses You Should Be Obsessed With
- 6 Valentine's Day Gifts for that Vegan Curmudgeon in Your Life
- 6 Red-Hot Vegan Lipsticks To Drive Your Valentine Crazy
- How a Vegan Canadian Figure Skater Prepared to Win Gold at the Winter Olympics
- How to Be a Vegan Teen Valentine
- Vegan Valentine's Day Tips From No. 1 Best-Selling Author Kathy Freston
- 5 Vegan Turmeric Recipes for Those Who Are Slightly Intimidated by It