6 Vegan Lip Glosses Perfect for Summer
Summers the time for days at the beach, warm nights under the stars, and lips that sport the perfect coat of gloss.
Some things go hand in hand with the summer’s bright, steamy days: eating al fresco, trips to the beach (or lake, for us inland folk), and glossy lips that perfectly accompany sun-kissed skin. In order to give you more time to soak in the sun, we’ve found six cruelty-free lip glosses that’ll give you a classic—and ethical—summertime look.
1. Tarte LipSurgence
If you’re looking to infuse your hot weather look with a little summertime peach, Tarte’s LipSurgence in Blissful is a wonderful lip color. Offering a fair amount of shine and a nice natural shade, LipSurgence makes a great go-to gloss to tote with you at all times. Wear it with a full face of makeup for a sexy polished look or with your bare skin to add just a bit of shine. For something on the bronzer end of the spectrum, try the gloss in Park Ave Princess. You can pick from eight shades (all vegan and cruelty-free) at the Tarte website, or test them in person at Sephora.
2. e.l.f. Lip Lacquer
Maybe you’re a purist who doesn’t want any pigment in your pretty gloss. If so, for a little bit of shine to achieve a color-free natural look, try e.l.f.’s Lip Lacquer in clear, which is only $2 at the e.l.f. website. All e.l.f. makeup is vegan, so if you decide you want the affordability of an e.l.f. gloss but crave a little color, you can pick from an assortment of shades from purple to beige. Widely available in drugstores, e.l.f. can also be found at the Target, Amazon, and Ulta websites.
3. Milk Makeup Holographic Lip Gloss
It’s always nice when a cosmetics company labels its vegan products as such, so cruelty-free Milk Makeup gets extra points for indicating its vegan status at its Sephora displays. With an edgy aesthetic, Milk Makeup’s glosses are great for those of us who want a bit of drama mixed with our gloss. With its post-modern white sheen, the Holographic Lip Gloss is great for those who want a look that’s more avant-garde than the usual gloss offerings. If you can’t get to a store to purchase it, you can order it online.
4. Modern Minerals Lip Gloss
For high gloss and a splash of color, Modern Minerals’ Goddess Lotus Wei infused Lip Gloss is a sheer red shade deliciously scented with lavender, chamomile, rose, and neroli (an essential oil derived from the bitter orange tree) that packs a bit of a (nonviolent) punch. As a moisturizing gloss, this shiny, high impact shade will smooth your lips to prepare you when your date leans in for a smooch. Best of all, Modern Minerals makeup is 100-percent vegan, so you can feel good about supporting a business that supports animals.
5. Hourglass Extreme Sheen
Hourglass cosmetics offers many products that are vegan, including the luxurious Extreme Sheen lip gloss in Ignite. The shade brings a glowing light bronze gloss with the subtlest sparkle to summertime lips. With its sheer color and medium level shine, Ignite is a great daytime gloss you can carry in your beach bag as well as a nighttime lip color to complement your evening dress. If you crave more Hourglass makeup, stop by the company’s website to assess which products are vegan.
6. Arbonne Glossed Over Lip Gloss
All-vegan Arbonne has been offering makeup for many years. Available from the Arbonne website for $25, the Glossed Over Lip Gloss in Cosmos is a fun, strong magenta shade with plenty of shine (which is perfect for when more color is in order), while Cosmos works equally well for a hot summer night out or for bringing some summer fun to days at work. There are 10 other shades from which to choose, from the perfectly pink Linden to the deep purple Hyacinth.
Maya Gottfried is the author of Vegan Love: Dating and Partnering for the Cruelty-Free Gal and Our Farm: By the Animals of Farm Sanctuary.
5 Woman-Owned Vegan Businesses You Should Be Obsessed With
What's even better than a vegan business? A vegan business owned by a woman.
Read More »
6 Valentine's Day Gifts for that Vegan Curmudgeon in Your Life
Buy me D3 gummies, fancy moisturizer, and a ticket to see the Misfits, and Ill be your Valentine.
Read More »
6 Red-Hot Vegan Lipsticks To Drive Your Valentine Crazy
Make your Valentines Day even hotter with these all-vegan sexy shades for your lips.
Read More »
How a Vegan Canadian Figure Skater Prepared to Win Gold at the Winter Olympics
Meagan Duhamels intense fitness regimen and plant-based diet led her to that international Olympic podium.
Read More »
How to Be a Vegan Teen Valentine
Wear cool clothing, give amazing gifts, and watch Okja, and you can be my Valentine.
Read More »
- Vegan Valentine's Day Tips From No. 1 Best-Selling Author Kathy Freston
- 5 Vegan Turmeric Recipes for Those Who Are Slightly Intimidated by It
- How A Vegan Diet is Making ''Everything'' Easier for One Punk Singer
- Your Meat-Eating Friends Want One of These 10 Vegan Books
- 7 Ways to Veganize Your Bed, Just in Time for Valentine's Day
- 5 Steps to the Perfect Vegan Valentine's Day
- 8 Love-Infused Vegan Events to Celebrate Valentine's Day
- Thanks to These 7 Vegan Pies, We Have Declared National Pizza Day a Holiday
- No Valentine This Year? Try Vegan Speed Dating
- 6 Ways to Queer Your Vegan Valentine's Day
- Bought Too Many Vegan Girl Scout Cookies? Here are 10 Desserts You Should Make With Them
- Glow Up With These 18 Vegan Beauty Brands in 2018
- How One Chef is Getting NFL Players to Go Vegan
- From Struggling for Breath to Running Marathons: Veganism Saved His Life
- 6 Badass Vegan Women Who Don't Take Any Sh*t
- 10 Vegan Chip and Dip Match-Ups Fit For A Super Bowl Smackdown
- 20 Vegan Women You Need to Follow On Instagram Today
- A Rare Heart Disease Led this 60 Year-Old to Veganism: Veganism Saved Her Life
- How One Woman is Introducing Vegan Mexican Sweets to a Rural Southern California Desert
- 34 Reasons Why Vegans Are in the Cool Kids Club