9 Simple Steps to Making a Vegan Man Cave for Father's Day
This Father's Day, gift Dad with a perfect vegan addition to his sanctuary.
Dads are awesome! They, too, deserve to have a beautifully designed, sensory “chill” space. Thankfully, the world is moving away from the notion that a man cave should look like a scene from The Flintstones. And bear skin rugs, thick leather chairs, and fur-lined slippers need not apply. It’s never been easier to find items that do not contain any leather, fur, silk, wool, down, or anything animal-derived. Below are 9 fabulous items with all the makings for designing a textural, aromatic, and most importantly, humane, man cave for dad. Happy Father’s Day!
1. Recliner Chair
Recliners have come a long way. They are no longer just something your old Uncle Ernie used to sit on. Every dad deserves a recliner. With a swiveling feature and chocolate brown exterior, this recliner is not only vegan and durable, but also aesthetically pleasing.
2. Cup Holder
For one of the most well-designed cup holders, look no further than this soft and flexible, yet sturdy masterpiece that fits virtually anywhere. It can sit on the floor, your lap, or directly on a couch or chair. The cover is washable and comes in a soft brown color to match any décor.
Soy-based and simply beautiful candles allow dads to get their zen on after a long day. This Fury Bros. Candle is wrapped in faux leather and features fun cowboy designs for a special present.
4. Eyeglass Organizer
Functional and stylish, this elegant eyeglass storage box is ideal for any bespectacled dad; it even looks like a book and holds up to four pairs of glasses safely. Have no fear, Dad! No more sitting on your glasses or wasting time looking for a misplaced pair.
5. Unique Side Table
Repurposing small stools as side tables creates a unique and multipurpose feel to any interior. This stainless steel stool is round and adjustable, making it perfect for small spaces. For a cool industrial look, pair with a chocolate faux-leather recliner.
6. Wood Pallet Coasters
These rustic and creative coasters look like mini wood pallets. They hold your dad’s drinks perfectly and act as a fun conversation piece during a nightcap.
7. Mini Refrigerator
What man cave would be complete without a place to put all their favorite beverages? This five star-rated fridge holds up to 120 cans, making it super compact.
8. Custom Neon sign
For the dad who has everything, this customizable neon sign is a show-stopper and adds excitement to any space. Plus, it’s only 12’’x16” so it can fit on any compact space to add a small but vibrant element.
9. Wall Map
This wall map made of cork adds a rustic touch to Dad’s sanctuary. It comes with metal durable pins and is available in all sizes for a warm, worldly addition to any space.
Deborah DiMare is the founder of a 100-percent vegan luxury interior design company DiMare Design, and is also the powerhouse behind VeganDesign.org, a resource for shopping vegan furniture and learning about the emerging world of vegan interior design.
5 Vegan Summer Date Ideas
Summer lovin' happens so fast, especially when you're taking your date on vegan adventures.
Read More »
7 Glittery, Fabulous, Thrilling, Uncompromising, Inclusive, Vegan Ways I Plan on Celebrating Gay Pride Month
As a seasoned vegan lesbian but a brand new Angeleno, this year, I'm going all-in.
Read More »
The Ultimate Vegan Road Trip PART ONE
The first in our two part-series begins in the Northeast and ends in Sweet Home Chicago.
Read More »
Sizzling Vegan Summer Beauty Brands and Tips
Its too hot to contour, and who has time to paint a painstaking smoky eye when there are veggie burgers to grill and rosé to drink?
Read More »
8 Easy Ways to Have a Relaxing Father's Day
This June 17, you might be surprised by what Dad really wants …
Read More »
- 28 Vegan Father's Day Gift Ideas for Every Kind of Dad
- 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
- 5 Ideas for a Great Vegan Spring Wedding
- 5 Zero-Waste Tips for Vegans
- 40 Things I Desperately Want to Eat at Los Angeles' Hottest Vegan Festival
- How to Throw the Ultimate Graduation Vegan Barbecue
- 5 Ways to Celebrate a Vegan Mother's Day with Your Mom
- 7 Pampering Vegan Products That Say I Love You, Mom
- Wicked Kitchen Chef Dishes on the Future of Vegan Food
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- 3 Vegan Prom Makeup Looks
- The Ex-Airline Pilot Behind New York's Favorite Vegan Burger
- 10 Vegan Oatmeal Cups for the Person on the Go
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- This 10-Minute Documentary Is Showing How Children Are Embracing Veganism
- It's Time for Men to Get Over Their Fears of Being Vegan
- We're Giving 5 Classic Films a Vegan Makeover
- VegFest Puerto Rico Built Community and Mainstreamed Veganism
- 8 Vegan Foods Making the 2018 Food-Trend List
- Fall in Love With Niagara's Vegan Scene