9 Vegan Cosmetics Youll Buy as Holiday Gifts, Then Probably Keep For Yourself
Indulge in animal-friendly cosmetics and possibly help someone go cruelty-free for the new year? Yes, and yes!
Are you looking for the best cruelty-free vegan beauty gifts to give this season? If so, look no further, as we’re showcasing nine of the best cruelty-free cosmetics that are so good they just might make it onto your holiday wish list.
1. Melt Cosmetics Rust Stack
Melt Cosmetics’ Rust Stack is full of warm-toned, blendable colors that can create multiple looks (think natural eye to all-out deep and smoky) depending on your mood. This sleek stack comes with a mirror and a travel-friendly design, making it a winner for those on the go.
2. Ciaté London
Why have one lip color when you can have five? Ciaté London’s Snow Globe Collective: Kiss Set’s colors flatter an array of skin tones, making it a no-fail gift. Even better? These miniature-sized velvet lip lacquers are the perfect size to fit in a pocket for mid-afternoon touchups.
From sweet to sultry, Pinrose has a scent for everyone on your holiday shopping list. We love (and wear) the rich, enticing scents of Gilded Fox and Secret Genius (both of which are vanilla based). If the person for whom you are buying can never make up their mind, gift them a set of petal packs that you can customize, so they have something new to choose from every day.
4. Kat Von D Beauty
Kat Von D Beauty has four limited-edition liquid lip colors, and each purchase donates 20 percent to farmed-animal organization Farm Sanctuary. We love the fact that each shade is named after an animal at the sanctuary (eg, “Julia” is a peach-toned pink, and “Bruno” is a bold metallic blue). While you’re at it, pick up more goodies from the shop—the site makes it easy to shop for vegan items by selecting “Vegan Alert” from the drop-down menu.
Morphe’s nine-piece vegan set includes brushes made from synthetic fibers and comes in a handy storage pouch. This set is a good gift for someone beginning a career in the makeup industry, as well as a seasoned pro.
Give the gift of great skin with a massaging facial cleaning brush and Daily Cleansing Kit in this gift-ready set from e.l.f. The brush features silicone bristles and is battery-operated for a deep clean. Pair it with the gentle face wash to say bye bye to dirt, oil, and clogged pores.
If you know someone who loves fruity- and floral-scented products (and having the softest skin in town), pick up the Mini Body Butter Collection. The set comes with five nut and seed oils perfect for dry winter skin in a body butter that goes on like a lotion. Furthermore, if you want to introduce someone to the Pacifica line, the Best Of Pacifica Set is a good place to start, as it comes with perfume, deodorant wipes, hand cream and a body butter in generous trial sizes in an intoxicating vanilla-with-hints-of-coconut scent.
Do you know a bath junkie? If so, give them the gift of Lush’s Stardust set, which has seven bath products to make the tub sparkle. The magic wand is our favorite because it smells like candy and makes a bath turn into a special event with a flick of the wrist.
9. Jack Black
The Triple Play Gift Set from Jack Black is a winner. There’s a face wash and SPF 20 moisturizer for the face, while the Turbo cleanser can be used on the hair and body. Housed in sleek, minimal packaging with clean scents that don’t overwhelm, this set has that special someone covered from head to toe. If you want to add an extra treat from the line, give the gift of scent thanks to the Signature Scent Collection’s four scents that are perfect for trying something new.
Kendy Paxia hopes Santa brings her makeup this year!
Photo courtesy of @katvondbeauty
No, Hemp Will Not Get You High. Yes, You Need it Anyway.
Hemp seeds are a healthy superfood that can help vegans (and everyone else) get the protein and healthy fats they need for optimal health.
Read More »
10 Vegan Beauty Products at CVS That Will Save You Some Coin
Your local drugstores makeup aisles are full of cruelty-free hidden treasures.
Read More »
Dear Vegans: The Holidays Don't Have to Suck
Embracing the holiday season also means embracing new ways of improving your life.
Read More »
8 Vegan Winter Boots That Will Make You Look Hot
Dropping temperatures dont mean forfeiting fashion.
Read More »
4 Easy Ways to Support Animals During the Holidays
This season, get in the holiday spirit while spreading compassion for animals.
Read More »
- Veganizing Korean Food, As Told By An American Expat
- VegNews Vegan Wedding Application 2018
- The Healthcare Industry Will Go Completely Vegan, If These Doctors Have Anything to Do With It
- If You Are A Vegan Stoner, We Have the Perfect Cooking Competition for You
- Forget Milk and Eggs. These 8 Vegan Substitutes Will Make Your Holiday Baked Goods 100 Times Better
- 5 Reasons Animal Testing Will Soon Be a Thing of the Past
- 4 Incredible Ways Animals Can Help Your Child in Need
- VegNews Holiday Gift Guide 2017
- Vegan Black Friday Deals That Will Make You Whip Out Your Credit Card
- 9 Things VegNews Editors Are Thankful For
- Stand in Line (or Not) for These 5 Vegan Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
- 7 Foolproof Ways to Help You Survive Thanksgiving As a Vegan
- An Open Letter to 18-Year-Old, Soon-to-Be-Vegetarian Me
- 6 Vegan Thanksgiving Dinners for Any Food-Obsessed New Yorker
- 15 Vegan Hacks for Your Favorite Fast-Food Joints
- Olympic Medalist Bicycles Into Massive Vegan Concert, FTW
- 8 Ways to Veganize Everything in Your Fridge Without Anyone Noticing
- Is Your Meat-Eating Loved One Driving You Up the Wall? Here's How to Deal.
- 10 Foolproof Ways to Make Your Vegan Holiday Celebration Fabulous and Unforgettable
- 5 Life Lessons I Learned in the Prison Garden