VegNews Top 8 Ways to Celebrate Valentines Day
Dreamy V-Day proposals, plant-based aphrodisiacs, and salacious chocolate bites are just the start of how you should celebrate your February 14.
Whether you’re in love with your significant other or simply with your evening plans to luxuriate in solitude, we at VegNews are at the ready with suggestions, tips, recipes, and unsolicited advice to ensure that your February 14 is exactly what you need and want. This week, we’ve been heart-deep in editing V-Day stories, and since we’re now finally coming up for air (and chocolate), we want to share with you the things we learned, and the things we love. Here are our top eight tips for celebrating a perfect (and perfect-for-you) vegan Valentine’s Day.
1. If you're a vegan spending this evening with a meat-eater, make sure they respect your beliefs (if they don’t, they don’t respect you), and then lure them to the plant-side with a vegan aphrodisiac such as figs or garlic.
2. Ethics go a long way, so after you’re done with your romantic Valentine’s Day dinner for two (or maybe you’re making some cute heart-shaped foods for you and your lover) don’t forget to buy them eco-friendly flowers and slavery-free chocolate. Nothing is more of a turn-on than intact morals.
3. After all those aphrodisiacs are in your system, you’ll want to heat up your sex life, so don’t forget about PETA-approved condoms and sweatshop-free lingerie.
4. If heteronormativity isn't your speed, perhaps you’ll want to queer up your vegan Valentine’s Day. Think Joan Jett, fair-trade vulva-shaped chocolates, and standing in solidarity with other marginalized groups.
5. The truth is, nobody will love you with the same fervor as your dog—so after you're done smooching them, tap into your animal-rights activism by extending your heart in the direction of farmed animals, then allow yourself to learn some lessons about love from sea critters, who are probably more devoted than your last romance.
6. If you’re still looking for a romantic partner, (even though some folks would rather be single than coupled, and for good reason), you might just find that nurturing a vegan romance can be as easy as a few clicks on a mobile app.
7. For those of you who like to make food yourselves (and nothing is better foreplay than bringing attention to your hands, let’s be real), keep things festive with one of our beet-inspired recipes. If the red root-vegetables aren’t your beat, a romantic three-course dinner at home will surely wow anyone. Don’t forget to set the mood with the right music and ambience.
8. The very best way to celebrate Valentine’s Day is with good old-fashioned self-love. After you’re done binge-watching movies from the comfort of your house, show your skin and hair some much-needed TLC with vegan DIY beauty treatments, and cap off the night with healthy raw vegan desserts (we promise, they don’t taste healthy).
Happy Valentine’s Day!
The Ultimate Guide to Vegan Camping
From smores and hiking boots to cruelty-free sunscreen, our vegan camping guide readies you for an adventure into the wilderness.
Read More »
Vegan Weddings 2017 (Monica Pandian & Praveen Raj)
A chance encounter at a vegan meetup led to this 800-guest eco-friendly Hindu celebration.
Read More »
5 Ways Roosters Help Me Stay Sober
Waking up early is just one way my roosters keep me vegan and away from alcohol.
Read More »
7 Facebook Groups You Need to Join if You're a New Vegan
Whether you're trying to find the best vegan ice cream or need advice on how to handle your "but bacon" friends, these Facebook groups can help you find your plant-based way.
Read More »
9 Questions with Vegan Pro Wrestler Zack Sabre, Jr
Going plant-based has proven the 29-year-old wrestler is no jabroni.
Read More »
- 7 Steps to Getting Over Vegan Heartbreak
- Vegan Weddings 2017 (Emily Brobeck & Pierre Wooldridge)
- A Vegan Guide to Eugene, Oregon
- Q&A with Celebrity Chef Matthew Kenney
- Vegan Weddings 2017 (Jackie Johnson & Adam McCabe)
- Top 10 Vegan Cities in America: Detroit
- Vegan Wedding Resources 2017
- 6 Quotes to Celebrate Pamela Andersons Birthday
- 5 Zero-Waste Tips for Vegans
- 10 Vegan Things This Lesbian is Wearing to San Francisco Pride
- 6 Things You Didnt Know About Vegan Chef Jason Wrobel
- 15 Vegan Ways to Celebrate LGBTQ Pride
- 5 Animal Rescues Adopting Vegan Food Policies
- 9 Fourth of July Vegan Finds on Etsy
- 7 Vegan Memes That Pretty Much Say It All
- The Anti-Unicorn Vegan Goth Trend is Finally Here
- The Best of Eat Drink Vegan
- 8 Outrageous Vegan Scoops at Ice Cream Shops Nationwide
- 9 Essentials for the Ultimate Fourth of July
- 10 Vegan Ways to Celebrate 4th of July