8 Tips for the Best Valentines Day Celebration
Dreamy V-Day proposals, plant-based aphrodisiacs, and salacious chocolate bites are just the start of how you should celebrate your February 14.
Whether you’re in love with your significant other or simply with your evening plans to luxuriate in solitude, we at VegNews are at the ready with suggestions, tips, recipes, and unsolicited advice to ensure that your February 14 is exactly what you need and want. This week, we’ve been heart-deep in editing V-Day stories, and since we’re now finally coming up for air (and chocolate), we want to share with you the things we learned, and the things we love. Here are our top eight tips for celebrating a perfect (and perfect-for-you) vegan Valentine’s Day.
1. If you're a vegan spending this evening with a meat-eater, make sure they respect your beliefs (if they don’t, they don’t respect you), and then lure them to the plant-side with a vegan aphrodisiac such as figs or garlic.
2. Ethics go a long way, so after you’re done with your romantic Valentine’s Day dinner for two (or maybe you’re making some cute heart-shaped foods for you and your lover) don’t forget to buy them eco-friendly flowers and slavery-free chocolate. Nothing is more of a turn-on than intact morals.
3. After all those aphrodisiacs are in your system, you’ll want to heat up your sex life, so don’t forget about PETA-approved condoms and sweatshop-free lingerie.
4. If heteronormativity isn't your speed, perhaps you’ll want to queer up your vegan Valentine’s Day. Think Joan Jett, fair-trade vulva-shaped chocolates, and standing in solidarity with other marginalized groups.
5. The truth is, nobody will love you with the same fervor as your dog—so after you're done smooching them, tap into your animal-rights activism by extending your heart in the direction of farmed animals, then allow yourself to learn some lessons about love from sea critters, who are probably more devoted than your last romance.
6. If you’re still looking for a romantic partner, (even though some folks would rather be single than coupled, and for good reason), you might just find that nurturing a vegan romance can be as easy as a few clicks on a mobile app.
7. For those of you who like to make food yourselves (and nothing is better foreplay than bringing attention to your hands, let’s be real), keep things festive with one of our beet-inspired recipes. If the red root-vegetables aren’t your beat, a romantic three-course dinner at home will surely wow anyone. Don’t forget to set the mood with the right music and ambience.
8. The very best way to celebrate Valentine’s Day is with good old-fashioned self-love. After you’re done binge-watching movies from the comfort of your house, show your skin and hair some much-needed TLC with vegan DIY beauty treatments, and cap off the night with healthy raw vegan desserts (we promise, they don’t taste healthy).
Happy Valentine’s Day!
It's Time for Men to Get Over Their Fears of Being Vegan
Many men are reluctant to go vegan for irrational reasons. Were here to fix that problem.
Read More »
3 Vegan Prom Makeup Looks
Whichever look you choose, youll feel confident knowing your face is as cruelty-free as your dress.
Read More »
We're Giving 5 Classic Films a Vegan Makeover
Classics such as Jaws, Dumbo, and King Kong would be so much better if they were filmed through a vegan lens.
Read More »
8 Vegan Foods Making the 2018 Food-Trend List
Plant-based foods have become the megatrend of the year thanks to innovative products taking up more space on grocery store shelves.
Read More »
Fall in Love With Niagara's Vegan Scene
World-famous natural landscapes and a diverse vegan cuisine await you in the Niagara region of Canada.
Read More »
- If Trader Joe's Added These 11 Vegan Frozen Foods, We'd Never Have To Cook Again
- 8 Quirky Vegan Burritos To Make You Rethink Your Favorite Meal
- If You're a Broke Vegan Student, Read This
- It's Time Your Dog Went Vegan
- 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
- You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
- Did You Know César Chávez Was Also an Animal-Rights Activist?
- 10 Medical Reasons to Skip the Eggs on Easter
- 5 Startup Food Companies About to Revolutionize Veganism
- This 10-Minute Documentary Is Showing How Children Are Embracing Veganism
- 10 Vegan Easter Candies We Want To Find in Our Easter Basket
- 10 Vegan Oatmeal Cups for the Person on the Go
- 8 Reasons to Forget Keto and Go Vegan
- Rise Against Adds Veganism to Its Politically Charged Music
- Meet the Vegan Anthropologist Changing Academia
- Vegan Food Will Be Served at the NFL Draft, Thanks to This Dallas Chef
- 5 Vegan Responses When Your Health Teacher Tells You to Eat Meat
- Vegan Self-Publishing in 4 Easy Steps
- Vegan St. Patricks Day 101
- It's Time You Talked to Your Parents About Your Veganism