9 Vegan Cosmetics Youll Buy as Holiday Gifts, Then Probably Keep For Yourself
Indulge in animal-friendly cosmetics and possibly help someone go cruelty-free for the new year? Yes, and yes!
Are you looking for the best cruelty-free vegan beauty gifts to give this season? If so, look no further, as we’re showcasing nine of the best cruelty-free cosmetics that are so good they just might make it onto your holiday wish list.
1. Melt Cosmetics Rust Stack
Melt Cosmetics’ Rust Stack is full of warm-toned, blendable colors that can create multiple looks (think natural eye to all-out deep and smoky) depending on your mood. This sleek stack comes with a mirror and a travel-friendly design, making it a winner for those on the go.
2. Ciaté London
Why have one lip color when you can have five? Ciaté London’s Snow Globe Collective: Kiss Set’s colors flatter an array of skin tones, making it a no-fail gift. Even better? These miniature-sized velvet lip lacquers are the perfect size to fit in a pocket for mid-afternoon touchups.
From sweet to sultry, Pinrose has a scent for everyone on your holiday shopping list. We love (and wear) the rich, enticing scents of Gilded Fox and Secret Genius (both of which are vanilla based). If the person for whom you are buying can never make up their mind, gift them a set of petal packs that you can customize, so they have something new to choose from every day.
4. Kat Von D Beauty
Kat Von D Beauty has four limited-edition liquid lip colors, and each purchase donates 20 percent to farmed-animal organization Farm Sanctuary. We love the fact that each shade is named after an animal at the sanctuary (eg, “Julia” is a peach-toned pink, and “Bruno” is a bold metallic blue). While you’re at it, pick up more goodies from the shop—the site makes it easy to shop for vegan items by selecting “Vegan Alert” from the drop-down menu.
Morphe’s nine-piece vegan set includes brushes made from synthetic fibers and comes in a handy storage pouch. This set is a good gift for someone beginning a career in the makeup industry, as well as a seasoned pro.
Give the gift of great skin with a massaging facial cleaning brush and Daily Cleansing Kit in this gift-ready set from e.l.f. The brush features silicone bristles and is battery-operated for a deep clean. Pair it with the gentle face wash to say bye bye to dirt, oil, and clogged pores.
If you know someone who loves fruity- and floral-scented products (and having the softest skin in town), pick up the Mini Body Butter Collection. The set comes with five nut and seed oils perfect for dry winter skin in a body butter that goes on like a lotion. Furthermore, if you want to introduce someone to the Pacifica line, the Best Of Pacifica Set is a good place to start, as it comes with perfume, deodorant wipes, hand cream and a body butter in generous trial sizes in an intoxicating vanilla-with-hints-of-coconut scent.
Do you know a bath junkie? If so, give them the gift of Lush’s Stardust set, which has seven bath products to make the tub sparkle. The magic wand is our favorite because it smells like candy and makes a bath turn into a special event with a flick of the wrist.
9. Jack Black
The Triple Play Gift Set from Jack Black is a winner. There’s a face wash and SPF 20 moisturizer for the face, while the Turbo cleanser can be used on the hair and body. Housed in sleek, minimal packaging with clean scents that don’t overwhelm, this set has that special someone covered from head to toe. If you want to add an extra treat from the line, give the gift of scent thanks to the Signature Scent Collection’s four scents that are perfect for trying something new.
Kendy Paxia hopes Santa brings her makeup this year!
Photo courtesy of @katvondbeauty
Vegan Self-Publishing in 4 Easy Steps
Share your work with the world, and spread the vegan message? Yes, and yes.
Read More »
You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
This year, set your Easter table with cruelty-free plates, faux-grass runners, eggless-eggs, and compostable dessert plates.
Read More »
It's Time You Talked to Your Parents About Your Veganism
They might not understand at first, but with the help of documentaries and delicious meals, your parents will understand that your veganism is more than just a fad.
Read More »
5 Life Lessons I Learned in the Prison Garden
After being sentenced to 240 years behind bars, I wondered: how could I turn my dirt-filled life into something beautiful? I decided to dig deep.
Read More »
The 10 Vegan Swag Bag Items That Will Make You Wish You Were Going to the Oscars
From cruelty-free lipsticks to animal-shelter donations, the swag bag at the 90th Academy Awards is brimming with lavish vegan gifts.
Read More »
- Want to Make Sure Your College Choice Is as Vegan as You Are? Here's How
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- Rapper Styles P's Juice Shops are Introducing More Hip-Hop Fans to Plant-Based Living
- Cafeterias Across the Country are Going Vegan. Here's Why ...
- We'd Love These 10 Celebs Even More if They Went Vegan
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- Want Political Change? It's Time to Start Voting Vegan
- A Vegan Teen Guide to Ordering Food at Non-Vegan Restaurants
- 5 Reasons Your Next Vacation Should Be Aboard the Vegan Holistic Holiday at Sea
- How Do You Remember 100 Songs in 4 Days? For Pop-Punk Band Alkaline Trio, the Answer is Veganism
- 5 Woman-Owned Vegan Businesses You Should Be Obsessed With
- 6 Valentine's Day Gifts for that Vegan Curmudgeon in Your Life
- 6 Red-Hot Vegan Lipsticks To Drive Your Valentine Crazy
- How a Vegan Canadian Figure Skater Prepared to Win Gold at the Winter Olympics
- How to Be a Vegan Teen Valentine
- Vegan Valentine's Day Tips From No. 1 Best-Selling Author Kathy Freston
- 5 Vegan Turmeric Recipes for Those Who Are Slightly Intimidated by It
- How A Vegan Diet is Making ''Everything'' Easier for One Punk Singer
- Your Meat-Eating Friends Want One of These 10 Vegan Books
- 7 Ways to Veganize Your Bed, Just in Time for Valentine's Day