Top 10 Instagram Posts of 2017
From innovative new products to mouthwatering meals, countless great moments were captured on Instagram in 2017. Here are your favorites.
It was another banner year for veganism, marked by legislative victories, mainstream media coverage, and, of course, incredible food. And nowhere captures plant-based cuisine better than Instagram, where vegans around the world share gorgeous, inspiring photos of food, fashion, and exciting new products. To celebrate this milestone year for all-things vegan, here are the most popular VegNews Instagram images of 2017.
1. Trader Joe’s Coconut Whipped Cream and Häagen-Dazs’ Dairy-Free Ice Cream
Dairy-free products have taken over the food industry in 2017, and we’re celebrating with vegan ice cream topped with a mountain of vegan whipped cream.
2. Trader Joe’s Whipped Cream
Just in time for the holidays, this coconut-based whipped cream was piled on top of vegan pies all over the States.
3. Whole Foods Whipped Cream
Speaking of whipped cream, Whole Foods was first on the scene with its pressurized can of vegan goodness, and we ate it right up.
4. Trader Joe’s Pesto
Creamy cashews paired with fresh kale and basil make an absolutely dreamy spread, and die-hard TJ’s fans have been buying it up like it’s going out of business (which it’s not).
5. Trader Joe’s Almond Nog
There’s no denying the absolute flood of plant-based products popping up left and right at Trader Joe’s, and we are totally prepared for the holidays thanks to this seasonal nog.
6. Trader Joe’s Holiday Roast
Crispy breading coating savory turkey-style seitan and flavorful stuffing is now only one trip to Trader Joe’s away.
7. Follow Your Heart Cheeses
Dairy-free cheese is better than ever, and we definitely can’t decide between all of the choices at our fingertips. We guess we’ll need to Follow Our Heart, as cheesy as that sounds!
#VegNews marched today for all women, including women of color, trans women, queer women, undocumented women, Muslim women, disabled women, and the like. And of course, it was great to see folks' intersectionality extend to the animals, too ✊️🚺🌱 #womensmarch #vegan #veganism #plantbased #vegansofinstagram #vegansofig
8. Women’s Rights March
VegNews took part in this historical global event this past January, marching for women of color, trans women, queer women, undocumented women, Muslim women, and disabled women. We loved seeing attendees extend their mindset of equality to the animals, as well!
9. Häagen-Dazs Ice Cream Pints
We practically ran to our local Target to scoop up these decadent pints when they debuted in July.
@starbucks just announced two non-dairy bottled Frappuccino beverages coming in 2018. VegNews editors are in dire need! UPDATE: VegNews has confirmed that while the new drinks can’t be verified vegan because of processing on shared equipment, there are no dairy or animal ingredients in these beverages’ formulas. Check out VegNews.com/news for the full story!
10. Starbucks Dairy-Free Frappuccinos
2017 may be coming to an end, but we are so eager to try Starbucks’ non-dairy bottled Frappuccino beverages in 2018!
Vegan Food Will Be Served at the NFL Draft, Thanks to This Dallas Chef
EatSoulGoods organic food is converting people to veganism by showing customers that cruelty-free doesnt have to taste like cardboard.
Read More »
5 Vegan Responses When Your Health Teacher Tells You to Eat Meat
If youre a vegan high school student, health class just might be the hardest course to pass.
Read More »
Vegan Self-Publishing in 4 Easy Steps
Share your work with the world, and spread the vegan message? Yes, and yes.
Read More »
Vegan St. Patricks Day 101
Learn about St. Pattys Day parades, vegan food and drinks, and the man who started it all.
Read More »
You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
This year, set your Easter table with cruelty-free plates, faux-grass runners, eggless-eggs, and compostable dessert plates.
Read More »
- It's Time You Talked to Your Parents About Your Veganism
- 5 Life Lessons I Learned in the Prison Garden
- The 10 Vegan Swag Bag Items That Will Make You Wish You Were Going to the Oscars
- Want to Make Sure Your College Choice Is as Vegan as You Are? Here's How
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- Rapper Styles P's Juice Shops are Introducing More Hip-Hop Fans to Plant-Based Living
- Cafeterias Across the Country are Going Vegan. Here's Why ...
- We'd Love These 10 Celebs Even More if They Went Vegan
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- Want Political Change? It's Time to Start Voting Vegan
- A Vegan Teen Guide to Ordering Food at Non-Vegan Restaurants
- 5 Reasons Your Next Vacation Should Be Aboard the Vegan Holistic Holiday at Sea
- How Do You Remember 100 Songs in 4 Days? For Pop-Punk Band Alkaline Trio, the Answer is Veganism
- 5 Woman-Owned Vegan Businesses You Should Be Obsessed With
- 6 Valentine's Day Gifts for that Vegan Curmudgeon in Your Life
- 6 Red-Hot Vegan Lipsticks To Drive Your Valentine Crazy
- How a Vegan Canadian Figure Skater Prepared to Win Gold at the Winter Olympics
- How to Be a Vegan Teen Valentine
- Vegan Valentine's Day Tips From No. 1 Best-Selling Author Kathy Freston
- 5 Vegan Turmeric Recipes for Those Who Are Slightly Intimidated by It