Top 10 Instagram Posts of 2017
From innovative new products to mouthwatering meals, countless great moments were captured on Instagram in 2017. Here are your favorites.
It was another banner year for veganism, marked by legislative victories, mainstream media coverage, and, of course, incredible food. And nowhere captures plant-based cuisine better than Instagram, where vegans around the world share gorgeous, inspiring photos of food, fashion, and exciting new products. To celebrate this milestone year for all-things vegan, here are the most popular VegNews Instagram images of 2017.
1. Trader Joe’s Coconut Whipped Cream and Häagen-Dazs’ Dairy-Free Ice Cream
Dairy-free products have taken over the food industry in 2017, and we’re celebrating with vegan ice cream topped with a mountain of vegan whipped cream.
2. Trader Joe’s Whipped Cream
Just in time for the holidays, this coconut-based whipped cream was piled on top of vegan pies all over the states.
3. Whole Foods Whipped Cream
Speaking of whipped cream, Whole Foods was first on the scene with its pressurized can of vegan goodness, and we ate it right up.
4. Trader Joe’s Pesto
Creamy cashews paired with fresh kale and basil make an absolutely dreamy spread, and die-hard TJ’s fans have been buying it up like it’s going out of business (which it’s not).
5. Trader Joe’s Almond Nog
There’s no denying the absolute flood of plant-based products popping up left and right at Trader Joe’s, and we are totally prepared for the holidays thanks to this creamy, seasonal nog.
6. Trader Joe’s Holiday Roast
Crispy breading coating savory turkey-style seitan and flavorful stuffing is now only one trip to Trader Joe’s away.
7. Follow Your Heart Cheeses
Dairy-free cheese is better than ever, and we definitely can’t decide between all of the choices at our fingertips. We guess we’ll need to Follow Our Heart, as cheesy as that sounds!
#VegNews marched today for all women, including women of color, trans women, queer women, undocumented women, Muslim women, disabled women, and the like. And of course, it was great to see folks' intersectionality extend to the animals, too ✊️🚺🌱 #womensmarch #vegan #veganism #plantbased #vegansofinstagram #vegansofig
8. Women’s Rights March
VegNews took part in this historical global event this past January, marching for women of color, trans women, queer women, undocumented women, Muslim women, and disabled women. We loved seeing attendees extend their mindset of equality to the animals, as well!
9. Häagen-Dazs Ice Cream Pints
We practically ran to our local Target to scoop up these decadent pints when they debuted in July.
@starbucks just announced two non-dairy bottled Frappuccino beverages coming in 2018. VegNews editors are in dire need! UPDATE: VegNews has confirmed that while the new drinks can’t be verified vegan because of processing on shared equipment, there are no dairy or animal ingredients in these beverages’ formulas. Check out VegNews.com/news for the full story!
10. Starbucks Dairy-Free Frappuccinos
2017 may be coming to an end, but we are so eager to try Starbucks’ non-dairy bottled Frappuccino beverages in 2018!
4 Vegan Cookbooks For Your Holiday Gift List, Plus What to Pre-Order for 2018
Give the most delicious gift of all with one of these outstanding vegan cookbooks.
Read More »
5 Fun Holiday Movies that Vegans Can Enjoy
Enjoy the spirit of the season while learning a message about compassion with these five flicks.
Read More »
How a 30-Day Vegan Bet Turned Me into a Media Powerhouse
Six years ago, I went vegan to help my wife and her celiac disease. Now, were ethical vegans, and I have a blog, two books, and an internet cooking show.
Read More »
You Are 5 Minutes Away From Having the Perfect Vegan Winter Face
Get your seasonal glow in less time than it takes to brew your morning coffee.
Read More »
VegNews Holiday Cookie Contest 2017 Finalists
Drum roll, please! We present the 10 finalists in this year's VegNews Holiday Cookie Contest.
Read More »
- 18 Vegan Things We Can't Wait to Try in 2018
- Top 10 Vegan Stories of 2017
- No, Hemp Will Not Get You High. Yes, You Need it Anyway.
- 10 Vegan Beauty Products at CVS That Will Save You Some Coin
- Dear Vegans: The Holidays Don't Have to Suck
- 8 Vegan Winter Boots That Will Make You Look Hot
- Top 10 Vegan News Stories of 2017
- 4 Easy Ways to Support Animals During the Holidays
- Veganizing Korean Food, As Told By An American Expat
- VegNews Vegan Wedding Application 2018
- The Healthcare Industry Will Go Completely Vegan, If These Doctors Have Anything to Do With It
- 9 Vegan Cosmetics Youll Buy as Holiday Gifts, Then Probably Keep For Yourself
- If You're A Vegan Stoner, We Have the Perfect Cooking Competition for You
- Forget Milk and Eggs. These 8 Vegan Substitutes Will Make Your Holiday Baked Goods 100 Times Better
- 5 Reasons Animal Testing Will Soon Be a Thing of the Past
- 4 Incredible Ways Animals Can Help Your Child in Need
- VegNews Holiday Gift Guide 2017
- Vegan Black Friday Deals That Will Make You Whip Out Your Credit Card
- 9 Things VegNews Editors Are Thankful For
- Stand in Line (or Not) for These 5 Vegan Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals