7 Pampering Vegan Products That Say I Love You, Mom
This Mothers Day, say thanks to your mom by creating a relaxing environment that is ethical, cruelty-free, and aesthetically pleasing.
Mothers nurture, praise, protect, and sacrifice for us, so, this Mother’s Day, let’s return the favor by giving them gifts they would never get for themselves. Sure, these gifts can be lavish trips to foreign countries or dinner at the world’s best vegan restaurant, but not all presents need to cost a month’s salary. Instead, consider creating the perfect sanctuary for your mom in her home. To accomplish this, we’re focusing only on bedrooms, as these areas of the home are ideal pampering stations. Here’s what you’ll need to create the perfect mom sanctuary for Mother’s Day.
1. Back support
Both physically and mentally, moms lift, carry, and support the weight of their families. So, to help them relax, we recommend soft yet firm, non-allergic, and cruelty-free pillows from Nest Pillows. Even better? They’re made in the USA!
2. Reading pillows
Many moms enjoy reading in bed, but many forget that a pillow alone, while in a reading position, is not ideal for our bodies. To remedy this, get mom a reading pillow to place in front of her sleeping pillow. This one from mittaGonG is ideal because the cover comes off for cleaning, which many pillow covers don’t do. This gift also has a handle at the top so mom can take her reading pillow wherever she enjoys a good book.
3. Work surface
Does your mom enjoying working from her bed? If so, this bamboo lap desk is for her. We love the fact that the front design is made for ventilation, but the inclusion of the flower design means she can leave it on the bed during the day for a functional and visually appealing design element.
Moms deserve luxurious sheets on which to sleep, which is why we suggest these white sheets from Zen Bamboo. Made from a blend of microfiber and bamboo, these sheets are soft, durable, and wash well. Our guess? She’ll love them!
5. Bed cover
For those moms are a bit cooler than the average person, we can’t get enough of this fringed white duvet bed cover made with 100-percent cotton.
Crystals are all the rage, and why shouldn’t they be? They’re beautiful, they play with light, and they are said to have positive energy. We’re certain your mom loves all of those reasons, so get her these purple crystals, which can be placed on her bedside table to bring her a smile. Purple, by the way, is one of 2018’s trending colors.
7. A good read
There are endless books to read, but we always prefer a story that is beautiful, inspiring, and thoughtful. We Animals is a book that has more than 1,000 images of animals taken during a 10-year period by award-winning photographer JoAnne McArthur. The cover is mesmerizing, while the book’s contents will make for engaging conversation starters for years to come.
Deborah DiMare is the founder of a 100-percent vegan luxury interior design company DiMare Design and VeganDesign.org, a resource for shopping vegan furniture and learning about the emerging world of vegan interior design.
How to Throw the Ultimate Graduation Vegan Barbecue
Schools out for summer—or maybe even forever—so fire up the grill and treat yourself and your loved ones to the ultimate celebration.
Read More »
5 Ways to Celebrate a Vegan Mother's Day with Your Mom
Show your mom you love her with vegan food, gifts, and fun.
Read More »
Wicked Kitchen Chef Dishes on the Future of Vegan Food
Former Whole Foods UK chef Derek Sarno hops the pond to Tesco.
Read More »
Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
Are you someone who practices mindful meditation? If so, heres why you should be vegan (if you arent already).
Read More »
3 Vegan Prom Makeup Looks
Whichever look you choose, youll feel confident knowing your face is as cruelty-free as your dress.
Read More »
- The Ex-Airline Pilot Behind New York's Favorite Vegan Burger
- 10 Vegan Oatmeal Cups for the Person on the Go
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- This 10-Minute Documentary Is Showing How Children Are Embracing Veganism
- It's Time for Men to Get Over Their Fears of Being Vegan
- We're Giving 5 Classic Films a Vegan Makeover
- VegFest Puerto Rico Built Community and Mainstreamed Veganism
- 8 Vegan Foods Making the 2018 Food-Trend List
- Fall in Love With Niagara's Vegan Scene
- If Trader Joe's Made These 11 Frozen Foods Vegan, We'd Never Have To Cook Again
- 8 Quirky Vegan Burritos To Make You Rethink Your Favorite Meal
- If You're a Broke Vegan Student, Read This
- It's Time Your Dog Went Vegan
- 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
- You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
- Did You Know César Chávez Was Also an Animal-Rights Activist?
- 10 Medical Reasons to Skip the Eggs on Easter
- 5 Startup Food Companies About to Revolutionize Veganism
- 10 Vegan Easter Candies We Want To Find in Our Easter Basket
- Rise Against Adds Veganism to Its Politically Charged Music