4 Dating Sites for Veg Singles
If you prefer surfing the web to cruising the nearest single hot-spots, turn to these online dating services.
In a time when statuses are settled over social networking sites and people are expected to sum up their deepest thoughts into 140-characters, it seems almost natural to turn to the internet for love. You peruse search engines and online encyclopedias for answers—why not look online for like-minded singles? Here is a selection of sites that help those vegan sparks fly.
Although broad in scope, ethicalsingles.com is a dating site looking to connect couples with shared ethical interests, whether its veganism, human-rights, or reducing their carbon footprint. The site is free to join, and you can do a quick search before signing up to see how many other people initially have what you're looking for in a partner. As a part of signing up for the service, you have to specify your ethical interest and state your favorite charity. You also have the option of specifying your sexual orientation, which means straight, gay, lesbian, and bisexual singles are all welcome. If you've always longed for the sweet-nothings whispered in your ear to come courtesy of a foreign accent, you can look for love around the globe, all the way from Albania to Zimbabwe. You can also narrow down your search by location or interests.
First-time users are encouraged to select three criteria to begin their search, mainly based on location. As users grow more accustomed to the site, they can refine by vegetarian level, ranging from the ambiguous "vegetarianish at home" to raw-food vegan. The site also features testimonials from current and past users sharing the success they've had through veggiedate.com's services. The site offers a two-week free trial, and you can "wink" at the singles you like to express your interest.
If you can't quite decide if you're looking for your soul mate or you're next animal-free fling, click over to vegetariandating.com. Right now, it's advertising "50 Ways to Meet Your Lover," which vary from the character-matching "SoulMatch" search to "SexMatch," based on sexual compatibility. The site is available in both English and Spanish, and you can also view members' video profiles for a more interactive experience as a part of their "silver" membership. It also provides phone support, if your best buddy is on a date of his/her own and can't give you advice. The best part? The basic features are free, meaning you get pre-screening, customer support, and compatability matching with other veg singles without paying a dime.
Don't let the cartoon fish in people-clothes holding a carrot scare you off. Veggiefishing.com is another free site that promises to help vegetarians and vegans "meet, date, and cook up a healthy new relationship." In addition to its main dating site, they also have 18 related sites, separated by interest. Whether you're looking for a fitness buff or a new big, beautiful friend, veggiefishing.com lets you know there's a site geared towards you.
40 Things I Desperately Want to Eat at Los Angeles' Hottest Vegan Festival
My tupperware's set, I've only eaten kale the past four days, and I'm ready for Eat Drink Vegan.
Read More »
How to Throw the Ultimate Graduation Vegan Barbecue
Schools out for summer—or maybe even forever—so fire up the grill and treat yourself and your loved ones to the ultimate celebration.
Read More »
5 Ways to Celebrate a Vegan Mother's Day with Your Mom
Show your mom you love her with vegan food, gifts, and fun.
Read More »
7 Pampering Vegan Products That Say I Love You, Mom
This Mothers Day, say thanks to your mom by creating a relaxing environment that is ethical, cruelty-free, and aesthetically pleasing.
Read More »
Wicked Kitchen Chef Dishes on the Future of Vegan Food
Former Whole Foods UK chef Derek Sarno hops the pond to Tesco.
Read More »
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- 3 Vegan Prom Makeup Looks
- The Ex-Airline Pilot Behind New York's Favorite Vegan Burger
- 10 Vegan Oatmeal Cups for the Person on the Go
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- This 10-Minute Documentary Is Showing How Children Are Embracing Veganism
- It's Time for Men to Get Over Their Fears of Being Vegan
- We're Giving 5 Classic Films a Vegan Makeover
- VegFest Puerto Rico Built Community and Mainstreamed Veganism
- 8 Vegan Foods Making the 2018 Food-Trend List
- Fall in Love With Niagara's Vegan Scene
- If Trader Joe's Made These 11 Frozen Foods Vegan, We'd Never Have To Cook Again
- 8 Quirky Vegan Burritos To Make You Rethink Your Favorite Meal
- If You're a Broke Vegan Student, Read This
- It's Time Your Dog Went Vegan
- 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
- You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
- Did You Know César Chávez Was Also an Animal-Rights Activist?
- 10 Medical Reasons to Skip the Eggs on Easter
- 5 Startup Food Companies About to Revolutionize Veganism