2010 Best of Show
After scouring the selection at this years largest natural products expo, the VN crew returns with the fifth annual Best of Show winners.
Every March, thousands of people flock to Anaheim, Calif., for the annual Natural Products Expo West. Open only to those in the natural-products industry and media, the three-day show boasts dozens of aisles, hundreds of booths, and thousands of attendees determined to show off and seek out the hottest natural products. This year, VegNews attended in search of the top new vegan goods. After hours of research, testing, and deliberating, we're proud to announce the winners of the fifth annual Best of Show awards! Check out the full feature in the upcoming July+August issue, and keep your eye out for these amazing offerings, coming soon to a store near you.
Amy's Gluten-Free Mac 'n' Cheeze
Indulge in unbelievably melty and delicious vegan mac ‘n' cheese in minutes, sans pesky allergens.
Cal Naturale Svelte
We're still craving these satisfying meal replacement shakes, packed with vitamins, minerals, and protein.
Earth Friendly Products DuoDish
The first of its kind, this gentle, earth-friendly dish detergent does double duty in both the sink and dishwasher.
Eastbluff Trading Company Cacao Tea
Made from cacao husks, this fragrant tea is like sipping melted chocolate. Who could argue with that?
Gardein Mandarin Crispy Chick'n
Crispy meatless chicken covered in a sweet and tangy orange sauce makes the perfect meal.
Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
An addictive chocolate spread packed with roasted hazelnuts, this sweet treat is revolutionizing snack time.
Kaia Foods Kale Chips
Our love for kale reached a new level with these crispy snacks, coated with sesame seeds for extra crunch.
There's never been a tastier way to get a dose of vitamin B-12! Each pop provides a whopping 3.6 mg of the good stuff.
SoCalCleanse Charcoal Body Products
Gentle and effective, these detoxifying cleansers also come wrapped in plantable, earth-friendly packaging.
So Delicious Coconut Water Sorbet
Not your average sorbet, this rich, coconut water-based dessert satisfies with fun flavors, such as hibiscus and mango.
Frozen vegan pizzas come ready to bake, topped with veggies, Daiya cheese, and Tofurky meatless toppings.
Zuke's Superfood Dog Biscuits
Companion animals deserve delicious treats, too. These superfoods-packed biscuits will keep any pup healthy and happy.
Rainn Wilson from The Office Adopts Vegan Diet
The man who played Dwight Schrute—the hunting, beet farming, Battlestar Galactica-loving assistant to regional manager on The Office—now calls himself "The Fifty-Year-Old Vegan."
Read More »
Impossible Burger Embarks on a 6,000-Mile Road Trip
The company will also host a Meateasy—a 1920s-style speakeasy where guests enter through an unlikely storefront and discuss the past, present, and future of food.
Read More »
NYC Restaurateur Plans to Open 24-Hour Vegan Diner
Ravi DeRossi announces plans to open vegan diner Doll Face as part of the 12 eateries the vegan restaurateur hopes to open in the next two years.
Read More »
New York State Bans Elephants in Circuses
Governor Andrew Cuomo signs legislation to outlaw the exploitation of the gentle giants for entertainment across the state of New York.
Read More »
Unilever Chefs Draft Manifesto with Plant-Based Goals
Worldwide chefs are creating a manifesto that will help restructure global food systems to reduce waste, promote healthier eating, and focus more on plant-based ingredients.
Read More »
- Study Finds Mushrooms are as Filling as Meat
- Study: Young People Optimistic About a Meat-Free World
- Teenager Opens Vegan Café in England
- Green Day and Kat Von D Collaborate on Vegan Eyeliner
- All-You-Can-Eat Vegan Pizza Night Hits Liverpool
- Danone's New Vegan Brands Drive $760M Profit Spike
- Steakhouse Debuts Vegan Menu to Attract New Diners
- Vegan Cupcakes Debut at Starbucks
- Escaped Brooklyn Bull Rescued by NJ Sanctuary
- Dietitian-Backed Vegan Support Program Debuts in US
- Leonardo DiCaprio Invests in Vegan Brand Beyond Meat
- Boston Celtics' Kyrie Irving Adopts Plant-Based Diet
- Lack of Vegan Menus Top Complaint at UK Hotels
- Vegan Makeup Brand for POC Raises $1 Million
- Natalie Portman Urges Award Show Attendees to Go Vegan
- Vegan Chocolate Hummus Raises $600K on Shark Tank
- Cadbury Heir Launches Vegan Avocado Chocolate Bar
- Meat-Free Apartment Complex to Open in Russia
- Vegan Chickpea Snack Brand Raises $10 Million
- Popular Shoe Brand Launches New Vegan Line