2010 Best of Show
After scouring the selection at this years largest natural products expo, the VN crew returns with the fifth annual Best of Show winners.
Every March, thousands of people flock to Anaheim, Calif., for the annual Natural Products Expo West. Open only to those in the natural-products industry and media, the three-day show boasts dozens of aisles, hundreds of booths, and thousands of attendees determined to show off and seek out the hottest natural products. This year, VegNews attended in search of the top new vegan goods. After hours of research, testing, and deliberating, we're proud to announce the winners of the fifth annual Best of Show awards! Check out the full feature in the upcoming July+August issue, and keep your eye out for these amazing offerings, coming soon to a store near you.
Amy's Gluten-Free Mac 'n' Cheeze
Indulge in unbelievably melty and delicious vegan mac ‘n' cheese in minutes, sans pesky allergens.
Cal Naturale Svelte
We're still craving these satisfying meal replacement shakes, packed with vitamins, minerals, and protein.
Earth Friendly Products DuoDish
The first of its kind, this gentle, earth-friendly dish detergent does double duty in both the sink and dishwasher.
Eastbluff Trading Company Cacao Tea
Made from cacao husks, this fragrant tea is like sipping melted chocolate. Who could argue with that?
Gardein Mandarin Crispy Chick'n
Crispy meatless chicken covered in a sweet and tangy orange sauce makes the perfect meal.
Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
An addictive chocolate spread packed with roasted hazelnuts, this sweet treat is revolutionizing snack time.
Kaia Foods Kale Chips
Our love for kale reached a new level with these crispy snacks, coated with sesame seeds for extra crunch.
There's never been a tastier way to get a dose of vitamin B-12! Each pop provides a whopping 3.6 mg of the good stuff.
SoCalCleanse Charcoal Body Products
Gentle and effective, these detoxifying cleansers also come wrapped in plantable, earth-friendly packaging.
So Delicious Coconut Water Sorbet
Not your average sorbet, this rich, coconut water-based dessert satisfies with fun flavors, such as hibiscus and mango.
Frozen vegan pizzas come ready to bake, topped with veggies, Daiya cheese, and Tofurky meatless toppings.
Zuke's Superfood Dog Biscuits
Companion animals deserve delicious treats, too. These superfoods-packed biscuits will keep any pup healthy and happy.
London's First Zero-Waste Market Launches in September
Zero Mkt Ldn will be London's first all-vegan, zero-waste, non-profit initiative aiming to bring plant-based food, plastic, and clothing alternatives to the community.
Read More »
Vegan Brand Field Roast Expands Across Australia
The beloved plant-based meat-and-cheese brand embarks on an international expansion after experiencing an increased year-over-year sales by 81 percent last quarter.
Read More »
Sainsbury's Meat-Free Sales Growing 20 Percent Weekly
The United Kingdom grocery chain reports surging sales of meatless foods—a trend it's capitalizing on by introducing new vegan products in its meat department.
Read More »
New Vegan Night Market Debuts in San Diego
Vegan food, dessert, and goods vendors will gather every first Friday at eatery Anthem Vegan to celebrate plant-based living.
Read More »
All Pediatric Residency Programs End Live-Animal Training
All 227 programs across North American now rely on human-relevant methods instead of cruel procedures previously performed on live cats, pigs, and ferrets.
Read More »
- Seychelles Lifts 25 Percent Tax on Plant-Based Milk
- New Data Shows Vegan Barbecue Is Top Summer Trend
- A&W Adds Vegan Beyond Burger to 925 Locations
- Sweden's Top Fast-Food Chain Debuts Vegan Milkshakes
- French Foie Gras Restaurant To Go Vegan
- Pride Toronto Adds Plant-Based Zone for Queer Vegans
- 52 New York Dairy Farms Lose Wholesale Contracts
- Danish Brand Testing Vegan Meat In Secret US Locations
- Avocados That Last 50 Percent Longer Debut at Costco
- 80-Year-Old Food Brand Goes Vegan
- Canada's Senate Passes Cruelty-Free Cosmetics Act
- Month-Long Vegan Festival Kicks Off in London
- Vegan Cheese Sales Spike by 45 Percent in 52 Weeks
- Sting Operation Seizes 43 Metric Tons of Wild-Animal Meat
- Vegan Just Egg Expands to Washington DC
- Cultured Koji Dog Food Has More Protein Than Steak
- Vegan Narwhal Ice Cream Debuts for Summer
- New Vegan Grocery Store Opens in North Carolina
- 800 Sets of Vegan Frosting Sell in 10 Minutes on QVC
- New Clean-Meat Startup Enters Race to End Fish Slaughter