Vegan Weddings 2012 (Cher Muzyk & Joseph Longobardo)
Meet Cher and Joe, one of 2012s eight fabulous wedding couples.
Cher Muzyk & Joseph Longobardo
Location: Coach Insignia
Date: October 29, 2011
Their story: All it took was a game of Euchre and some handholding for Cher to know Joseph was the one. The then-Michigan and DC residents met in 2003 during a ski trip organized by a mutual friend, an interesting choice for them both considering that neither Cher nor Joe hit the slopes. They spent the remainder of the weekend in their “own little world” and were ecstatic when a snowstorm kept Joe in Detroit a few days longer. Thus began the couple’s nine-year long-distance relationship, which culminated in a March 2011 proposal while bird-watching, one of Cher and Joe’s favorite activities.
Samosas with tamarind sauce
Avocado-heirloom tomato salsa with white corn chips
Grilled vegetable flatbread with spicy tomato sauce
Tostadas topped with sweet potato and pickled onion
Mini potato latkes with applesauce
Romaine lettuce salad with apple slices, pear slivers, and dried cherries tossed in port-wine vinaigrette
Penne pasta with marinara, pesto, or olive oil and a choice of sautéed vegetables, served with grilled bruschetta and eggplant caponata
Stir-fried vegetables with hot chili oil or sweet hoisin sauce over rice, served with crispy spring rolls and pan-fried pot stickers
Slow-cooked southwest chili served with barbecue riblets and fingerling potato salad
Vanilla and chocolate layer cake coated with buttercream frosting
Meet all of our 2012 Vegan Wedding couples:
Alicia Guzman & Nik Sadler (San Diego, CA)
Mae Stier & Bryan Laubhan (Grand Rapids, MI)
Cher Muzyk & Joseph Longobardo (Detroit, MI)
Jaya Bhumitra & Christopher Locke (Palos Verdes Estates, CA)
Kathleen King & Matt Berry (Chicago, IL)
Sarah Stride & Steve Schwass (Las Vegas, NV)
Stacey Bhaerman & Adam Shapiro (Philadelphia, PA)
Stephanie Bain & Ryan Shapiro (Wheaton, MD and New York, NY)
For a complete list of caterers, dressmakers, and photographers from each of this year’s wedding couples, visit our 2012 Guide to Vegan Weddings. Want to read all about their actual wedding day and see more photos? Check out the July+August edition of VegNews!
Interested in being a part of next year's VegNews Wedding Feature? Apply now!
5 Vegan Responses When Your Health Teacher Tells You to Eat Meat
If youre a vegan high school student, health class just might be the hardest course to pass.
Read More »
Vegan Self-Publishing in 4 Easy Steps
Share your work with the world, and spread the vegan message? Yes, and yes.
Read More »
You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
This year, set your Easter table with cruelty-free plates, faux-grass runners, eggless-eggs, and compostable dessert plates.
Read More »
It's Time You Talked to Your Parents About Your Veganism
They might not understand at first, but with the help of documentaries and delicious meals, your parents will understand that your veganism is more than just a fad.
Read More »
5 Life Lessons I Learned in the Prison Garden
After being sentenced to 240 years behind bars, I wondered: how could I turn my dirt-filled life into something beautiful? I decided to dig deep.
Read More »
- The 10 Vegan Swag Bag Items That Will Make You Wish You Were Going to the Oscars
- Want to Make Sure Your College Choice Is as Vegan as You Are? Here's How
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- Rapper Styles P's Juice Shops are Introducing More Hip-Hop Fans to Plant-Based Living
- Cafeterias Across the Country are Going Vegan. Here's Why ...
- We'd Love These 10 Celebs Even More if They Went Vegan
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- Want Political Change? It's Time to Start Voting Vegan
- A Vegan Teen Guide to Ordering Food at Non-Vegan Restaurants
- 5 Reasons Your Next Vacation Should Be Aboard the Vegan Holistic Holiday at Sea
- How Do You Remember 100 Songs in 4 Days? For Pop-Punk Band Alkaline Trio, the Answer is Veganism
- 5 Woman-Owned Vegan Businesses You Should Be Obsessed With
- 6 Valentine's Day Gifts for that Vegan Curmudgeon in Your Life
- 6 Red-Hot Vegan Lipsticks To Drive Your Valentine Crazy
- How a Vegan Canadian Figure Skater Prepared to Win Gold at the Winter Olympics
- How to Be a Vegan Teen Valentine
- Vegan Valentine's Day Tips From No. 1 Best-Selling Author Kathy Freston
- 5 Vegan Turmeric Recipes for Those Who Are Slightly Intimidated by It
- How A Vegan Diet is Making ''Everything'' Easier for One Punk Singer
- Your Meat-Eating Friends Want One of These 10 Vegan Books