Vegan Weddings 2012 (Cher Muzyk & Joseph Longobardo)
Meet Cher and Joe, one of 2012s eight fabulous wedding couples.
Cher Muzyk & Joseph Longobardo
Location: Coach Insignia
Date: October 29, 2011
Their story: All it took was a game of Euchre and some handholding for Cher to know Joseph was the one. The then-Michigan and DC residents met in 2003 during a ski trip organized by a mutual friend, an interesting choice for them both considering that neither Cher nor Joe hit the slopes. They spent the remainder of the weekend in their “own little world” and were ecstatic when a snowstorm kept Joe in Detroit a few days longer. Thus began the couple’s nine-year long-distance relationship, which culminated in a March 2011 proposal while bird-watching, one of Cher and Joe’s favorite activities.
Samosas with tamarind sauce
Avocado-heirloom tomato salsa with white corn chips
Grilled vegetable flatbread with spicy tomato sauce
Tostadas topped with sweet potato and pickled onion
Mini potato latkes with applesauce
Romaine lettuce salad with apple slices, pear slivers, and dried cherries tossed in port-wine vinaigrette
Penne pasta with marinara, pesto, or olive oil and a choice of sautéed vegetables, served with grilled bruschetta and eggplant caponata
Stir-fried vegetables with hot chili oil or sweet hoisin sauce over rice, served with crispy spring rolls and pan-fried pot stickers
Slow-cooked southwest chili served with barbecue riblets and fingerling potato salad
Vanilla and chocolate layer cake coated with buttercream frosting
Meet all of our 2012 Vegan Wedding couples:
Alicia Guzman & Nik Sadler (San Diego, CA)
Mae Stier & Bryan Laubhan (Grand Rapids, MI)
Cher Muzyk & Joseph Longobardo (Detroit, MI)
Jaya Bhumitra & Christopher Locke (Palos Verdes Estates, CA)
Kathleen King & Matt Berry (Chicago, IL)
Sarah Stride & Steve Schwass (Las Vegas, NV)
Stacey Bhaerman & Adam Shapiro (Philadelphia, PA)
Stephanie Bain & Ryan Shapiro (Wheaton, MD and New York, NY)
For a complete list of caterers, dressmakers, and photographers from each of this year’s wedding couples, visit our 2012 Guide to Vegan Weddings. Want to read all about their actual wedding day and see more photos? Check out the July+August edition of VegNews!
Interested in being a part of next year's VegNews Wedding Feature? Apply now!
In 2018, Being Vegan Also Means Being a Recycler
Recycling saves the planet (and its inhabitants) and is great for tight budgets.
Read More »
Well, That Was Quick. 7 Ways Were Breaking Our 2018 Resolutions with the New Vegan Ben & Jerrys Flavors
The debut of the new flavors from this iconic ice cream brand have us dreaming of all the ways we plan on eating them.
Read More »
How a Vegan Celebrity Chef Became One of Biggest Influencers in Atlanta
Chef Ahki brings a much-needed relevance and relatability to many who never imagined themselves going vegan.
Read More »
4 Vegan Athletes Who Think You Need to Join the #PlantMilkChallenge
Cruelty-free athletes explain why they ditched dairy and how they fuel their bodies with plant-based milks.
Read More »
From 6 Months to Live to a New Lease On Life: Veganism Saved Her Life
In the popular Veganism Saved My Life series, we share stories of people who have witnessed extraordinary health overhauls thanks to a plant-based diet.
Read More »
- If Your Baby Could Talk, They Would Tell You They Really Want Vegan Diaper Ointments
- If Going Vegan is Your Resolution This Year, Read This
- 2018 is the Year of the Vegan Wine and Cheese Pairings
- How a Vegan Restaurateur Balances Work and a Hunter Husband
- You Are Only 6 Steps Away from Your Best Vegan Year Ever
- Everything You Need to Know About Milk Substitutes
- Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams' Enforced Policy Literally Saved His Life
- Frick 2017! Heres What VegNews Editors Plan to Do in 2018 …
- Want to Lower Your Blood Pressure? Go Vegan!
- Are Your Sweeteners as Vegan and Ethical as You Are?
- Is So-Called Clean Meat Vegan? Paul Shapiro Has the Answer
- The 12 Best Vegan Desserts of All Time at Trader Joes
- Winter Doesnt Stand a Chance Thanks to These 5 Vegan Skin Products
- Why Jackie Day Should Be Your New Vegan BFF
- 9 Vegan Startups You Need to Know About in 2018
- 2018 is the Year Your Skin Goes Vegan, Too
- Top 10 Vegan Recipes of 2017
- Forget Cookies. Here are the 7 Vegan Treats Santa Really Wants This Year ...
- 6 Survival Tips for Vegans at Holiday Parties
- 10 Last-Minute Vegan Stocking Stuffers for the Best Christmas Ever