4 Unforgettable Vegan Fall Getaways
Leave behind the stress of everyday life and extend a warm welcome to autumn with these lovely, eco-friendly, vegan bed and breakfast destinations.
As the leaves change color and the brisk air heralds the fall season, we want to escape our urban dwellings and experience the autumnal awesomeness that Mother Nature has to offer. Whether it’s a quick weekend getaway or an extended vacation, there’s a vegan bed and breakfast awaiting your arrival. Grab a cup of dairy-free hot cocoa (don’t forget the vegan marshmallows!), warm your toes by the fire, and cozy up to our list of five unforgettable full-on foliage getaways.
1. Velo Bed and Breakfast (Eugene, OR)
Situated in the lovely city of Eugene, OR, Velo stands for Veggie. Eco. Local. and Organic. This Oregon bed and breakfast is run by Misha and Rob, avid cyclists who know what goes into a delicious veg meal. Longtime cruelty-free connoisseur Misha has a background in vegan baking (guests are treated to warm homemade cookies during their stay) as well as a law degree. With mouthwatering morning delights such as freshly made blueberry pancakes (gluten-free on request), zucchini chocolate cake, and steaming hot French press coffee, we’re thinking breakfast at the Velo is sure to be legit.
2. Someday Farm Vegan Bed and Breakfast (Whidbey Island, WA)
Want to escape from the hustle and bustle of city life? Head to Someday Farm Vegan Bed and Breakfast on Whidbey Island in Washington state and retreat to a cozy cabin tucked away in the Pacific Northwest’s scenic forest. Relax with a nature hike or spend some time with the animals who call the farm home. Greet the day with a scrumptious veg breakfast delivered right to you room (guests rave about the chocolate-raspberry muffins and super moist blueberry crumble)––there’s a juicer and stocked pantry on site, too––then learn a few kitchen tips and tricks in one of Someday’s professionally-led cooking classes.
3. Stanford Inn by the Sea (Mendocino, CA)
Stanford Inn by the Sea is an eco-oasis of brightly colored wildflowers and overhanging cliffs just above the calming sea. Spend the evening in a luxurious room with rustic wooden floors and paneling and wake up to a chef-prepared breakfast fit for kings and queens. Inside the Stanford Inn is the acclaimed Ravens’ Restaurant with delectable organic and local fare including savory crêpes, French toast, vegan waffles, and tofu scramble. Stay for dinner and try the Sea Palm Spicy Curry or Ravens’ Portabella Reuben. Companion animals are welcomed with open arms. Read all about the wonderful amenities and services offered at the Stanford Inn from VegNews co-founder Colleen Holland.
4. Whisper's Ranch Bed and Breakfast (Elgin, AZ)
Not only does Whisper’s serve as an animal sanctuary for retired and abandoned animals, but it also provides homey accommodations for families looking to enjoy the outdoors. With special animal-welfare educational programs for children, as well as gourmet vegetarian and vegan allergy-free cuisine, Whisper’s is ideal for quality family fun-time. Menus are made special and tailored for guests. Decadent desserts such as raw vegan cheesecake and homemade cookies can be whipped up at your request. There’s even a fall special running until mid-November so that you can enjoy your autumn stay at a reduced rate.
Meet the Vegan Anthropologist Changing Academia
Dan Sayers is changing the way we view anthropology—and those who follow vegan lifestyles.
Read More »
Vegan Food Will Be Served at the NFL Draft, Thanks to This Dallas Chef
EatSoulGoods organic food is converting people to veganism by showing customers that cruelty-free doesnt have to taste like cardboard.
Read More »
5 Vegan Responses When Your Health Teacher Tells You to Eat Meat
If youre a vegan high school student, health class just might be the hardest course to pass.
Read More »
Vegan Self-Publishing in 4 Easy Steps
Share your work with the world, and spread the vegan message? Yes, and yes.
Read More »
Vegan St. Patricks Day 101
Learn about St. Pattys Day parades, vegan food and drinks, and the man who started it all.
Read More »
- You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
- It's Time You Talked to Your Parents About Your Veganism
- 5 Life Lessons I Learned in the Prison Garden
- The 10 Vegan Swag Bag Items That Will Make You Wish You Were Going to the Oscars
- Want to Make Sure Your College Choice Is as Vegan as You Are? Here's How
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- Rapper Styles P's Juice Shops are Introducing More Hip-Hop Fans to Plant-Based Living
- Cafeterias Across the Country are Going Vegan. Here's Why ...
- We'd Love These 10 Celebs Even More if They Went Vegan
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- Want Political Change? It's Time to Start Voting Vegan
- A Vegan Teen Guide to Ordering Food at Non-Vegan Restaurants
- 5 Reasons Your Next Vacation Should Be Aboard the Vegan Holistic Holiday at Sea
- How Do You Remember 100 Songs in 4 Days? For Pop-Punk Band Alkaline Trio, the Answer is Veganism
- 5 Woman-Owned Vegan Businesses You Should Be Obsessed With
- 6 Valentine's Day Gifts for that Vegan Curmudgeon in Your Life
- 6 Red-Hot Vegan Lipsticks To Drive Your Valentine Crazy
- How a Vegan Canadian Figure Skater Prepared to Win Gold at the Winter Olympics
- How to Be a Vegan Teen Valentine
- Vegan Valentine's Day Tips From No. 1 Best-Selling Author Kathy Freston