4 Unforgettable Vegan Fall Getaways
Leave behind the stress of everyday life and extend a warm welcome to autumn with these lovely, eco-friendly, vegan bed and breakfast destinations.
As the leaves change color and the brisk air heralds the fall season, we want to escape our urban dwellings and experience the autumnal awesomeness that Mother Nature has to offer. Whether it’s a quick weekend getaway or an extended vacation, there’s a vegan bed and breakfast awaiting your arrival. Grab a cup of dairy-free hot cocoa (don’t forget the vegan marshmallows!), warm your toes by the fire, and cozy up to our list of five unforgettable full-on foliage getaways.
1. Velo Bed and Breakfast (Eugene, OR)
Situated in the lovely city of Eugene, OR, Velo stands for Veggie. Eco. Local. and Organic. This Oregon bed and breakfast is run by Misha and Rob, avid cyclists who know what goes into a delicious veg meal. Longtime cruelty-free connoisseur Misha has a background in vegan baking (guests are treated to warm homemade cookies during their stay) as well as a law degree. With mouthwatering morning delights such as freshly made blueberry pancakes (gluten-free on request), zucchini chocolate cake, and steaming hot French press coffee, we’re thinking breakfast at the Velo is sure to be legit.
2. Someday Farm Vegan Bed and Breakfast (Whidbey Island, WA)
Want to escape from the hustle and bustle of city life? Head to Someday Farm Vegan Bed and Breakfast on Whidbey Island in Washington state and retreat to a cozy cabin tucked away in the Pacific Northwest’s scenic forest. Relax with a nature hike or spend some time with the animals who call the farm home. Greet the day with a scrumptious veg breakfast delivered right to you room (guests rave about the chocolate-raspberry muffins and super moist blueberry crumble)––there’s a juicer and stocked pantry on site, too––then learn a few kitchen tips and tricks in one of Someday’s professionally-led cooking classes.
3. Stanford Inn by the Sea (Mendocino, CA)
Stanford Inn by the Sea is an eco-oasis of brightly colored wildflowers and overhanging cliffs just above the calming sea. Spend the evening in a luxurious room with rustic wooden floors and paneling and wake up to a chef-prepared breakfast fit for kings and queens. Inside the Stanford Inn is the acclaimed Ravens’ Restaurant with delectable organic and local fare including savory crêpes, French toast, vegan waffles, and tofu scramble. Stay for dinner and try the Sea Palm Spicy Curry or Ravens’ Portabella Reuben. Companion animals are welcomed with open arms. Read all about the wonderful amenities and services offered at the Stanford Inn from VegNews co-founder Colleen Holland.
4. Whisper's Ranch Bed and Breakfast (Elgin, AZ)
Not only does Whisper’s serve as an animal sanctuary for retired and abandoned animals, but it also provides homey accommodations for families looking to enjoy the outdoors. With special animal-welfare educational programs for children, as well as gourmet vegetarian and vegan allergy-free cuisine, Whisper’s is ideal for quality family fun-time. Menus are made special and tailored for guests. Decadent desserts such as raw vegan cheesecake and homemade cookies can be whipped up at your request. There’s even a fall special running until mid-November so that you can enjoy your autumn stay at a reduced rate.
6 Tips for Vegan Cosplay and Costumers
Save the world, one plant-based costume at a time.
Read More »
The Busy Life of Esther the Wonder Pig
VegNews sits down with Esther's dads to chat about favorite snacks, vegan cruises, and take an exclusive first look at her upcoming children's book.
Read More »
5 Connections Between the Food and Fashion Industries
Fair-trade fashion and the plant-based movement tackle similar challenges to create a more ethical world.
Read More »
14 Ways to Eat Vegan Smores
Celebrate National Smores Day with more than a dozen vegan ways to eat the classic campfire treat.
Read More »
4 Ways to Talk to Young People About Going Vegan
Convincing young people to go vegan is easy if you can speak their language.
Read More »
- 8 Animal Sanctuaries on My Bucket List
- Vegan Weddings 2017 (Alana Cowl & Daniel Ferens)
- 5 Vegan Summer Date Ideas
- 4 Ways to Celebrate National Ice Cream Sandwich Day—Vegan Style!
- 7 Ways Going Vegan Helps a Middle-Aged Man
- VegNews Launches 16th Annual Veggie Awards
- 5 Things I Learned Working as a Vegan Camp Counselor for Teenagers
- Vegan Weddings 2017 (Lindsay Jones & Daniel Cano)
- 6 Vegan Lip Glosses Perfect for Summer
- The Ultimate Guide to Vegan Camping
- Vegan Weddings 2017 (Monica Pandian & Praveen Raj)
- 5 Ways Roosters Help Me Stay Sober
- 7 Facebook Groups You Need to Join if You're a New Vegan
- 9 Questions with Vegan Pro Wrestler Zack Sabre, Jr
- 7 Steps to Getting Over Vegan Heartbreak
- Vegan Weddings 2017 (Emily Brobeck & Pierre Wooldridge)
- A Vegan Guide to Eugene, Oregon
- Q&A with Celebrity Chef Matthew Kenney
- Vegan Weddings 2017 (Jackie Johnson & Adam McCabe)
- Top 10 Vegan Cities in America: Detroit