4 Unforgettable Vegan Fall Getaways
Leave behind the stress of everyday life and extend a warm welcome to autumn with these lovely, eco-friendly, vegan bed and breakfast destinations.
As the leaves change color and the brisk air heralds the fall season, we want to escape our urban dwellings and experience the autumnal awesomeness that Mother Nature has to offer. Whether it’s a quick weekend getaway or an extended vacation, there’s a vegan bed and breakfast awaiting your arrival. Grab a cup of dairy-free hot cocoa (don’t forget the vegan marshmallows!), warm your toes by the fire, and cozy up to our list of five unforgettable full-on foliage getaways.
1. Velo Bed and Breakfast (Eugene, OR)
Situated in the lovely city of Eugene, OR, Velo stands for Veggie. Eco. Local. and Organic. This Oregon bed and breakfast is run by Misha and Rob, avid cyclists who know what goes into a delicious veg meal. Longtime cruelty-free connoisseur Misha has a background in vegan baking (guests are treated to warm homemade cookies during their stay) as well as a law degree. With mouthwatering morning delights such as freshly made blueberry pancakes (gluten-free on request), zucchini chocolate cake, and steaming hot French press coffee, we’re thinking breakfast at the Velo is sure to be legit.
2. Someday Farm Vegan Bed and Breakfast (Whidbey Island, WA)
Want to escape from the hustle and bustle of city life? Head to Someday Farm Vegan Bed and Breakfast on Whidbey Island in Washington state and retreat to a cozy cabin tucked away in the Pacific Northwest’s scenic forest. Relax with a nature hike or spend some time with the animals who call the farm home. Greet the day with a scrumptious veg breakfast delivered right to you room (guests rave about the chocolate-raspberry muffins and super moist blueberry crumble)––there’s a juicer and stocked pantry on site, too––then learn a few kitchen tips and tricks in one of Someday’s professionally-led cooking classes.
3. Stanford Inn by the Sea (Mendocino, CA)
Stanford Inn by the Sea is an eco-oasis of brightly colored wildflowers and overhanging cliffs just above the calming sea. Spend the evening in a luxurious room with rustic wooden floors and paneling and wake up to a chef-prepared breakfast fit for kings and queens. Inside the Stanford Inn is the acclaimed Ravens’ Restaurant with delectable organic and local fare including savory crêpes, French toast, vegan waffles, and tofu scramble. Stay for dinner and try the Sea Palm Spicy Curry or Ravens’ Portabella Reuben. Companion animals are welcomed with open arms. Read all about the wonderful amenities and services offered at the Stanford Inn from VegNews co-founder Colleen Holland.
4. Whisper's Ranch Bed and Breakfast (Elgin, AZ)
Not only does Whisper’s serve as an animal sanctuary for retired and abandoned animals, but it also provides homey accommodations for families looking to enjoy the outdoors. With special animal-welfare educational programs for children, as well as gourmet vegetarian and vegan allergy-free cuisine, Whisper’s is ideal for quality family fun-time. Menus are made special and tailored for guests. Decadent desserts such as raw vegan cheesecake and homemade cookies can be whipped up at your request. There’s even a fall special running until mid-November so that you can enjoy your autumn stay at a reduced rate.
A VegNews Exclusive with the Face of Vegan Russia
Elena Shifrina began BioFoodLab after realizing there wasnt a healthy vegan snack bar in her country. Today, shes leading a plant-based movement that has everyone screaming nostrovia.
Read More »
6 Reasons Why Organic Isn't the Answer
Diseases decrease, methane gas is lowered, and communities flourish when farmers switch to veganic methods.
Read More »
Vegan Street Art is Taking Over Los Angeles
We sat down with the creative mind behind some of Los Angeles most recognizable vegan street art.
Read More »
Getting to Know Vegan Ballerina Agnes Muljadi
When it comes to sustainable fashion and fitness, this vegan dancer is en pointe!
Read More »
5 Ways Vegan Boyfriends are Awesome
On National Boyfriend Day, lets celebrate the cruelty-free guys who light up our lives.
Read More »
- 10 Vegan Beauty Finds That'll Make You Feel Like a Kid Again
- 4 Ways to Win a Vegan Chili Cook-Off (If Im the Judge)
- Why Action Star Maggie Q is a Real-Life Vegan Heroine
- A Vegan Guide to the Hamptons
- The Tropical Vegan Inn You Must Visit Now
- 5 Vegan Reasons to Get Excited for Fall
- 5 Reasons Hindu Vegetarians Should Go Vegan
- How a Book Blogger Became a Vegan Social Media Influencer
- A Vegan Guide to Ann Arbor
- 15 Vegan Things at Costco You Need to Try Now
- 5 Things I Learned Working with Pigs This Summer
- 10 Secrets You Never Knew About Hampton Creek
- 4 Questions with the Owners of Galaxy Hut
- 7 Tips for Talking to (a lot) of Vegans
- The Ultimate Vegan Road Trip PART TWO
- Highlights from LAs Hottest Vegan Summer Party
- The Ultimate Vegan Road Trip PART ONE
- 5 Areas Where Activism Can Impact Change
- 9 Vegan Foods to Eat While Watching Game of Thrones
- 6 Helpful Tips for Going Vegan