The Top 15 Stories of 2013
Want to know the hottest vegan lifestyle, food, and health stories of 2013? Here we unveil the top 15 stories of the year on VegNews.com.
Whether it was the next big vegan city (move over, Los Angeles!), the truth about protein, or drool-worthy dairy-free cheeses that hit the market, VegNews' readers couldn’t get enough of veganism—all facets of it—in 2013. In honor of the vegan lifestyle becoming more popular than ever this year, we’ve compiled a list of the 15 most-read features on VegNews.com so that we can look back at all that’s been accomplished—and look forward to even more to come in 2014.
1. 11 Unbelievably Awesome Uses for Cauliflower
You’d never guess how many healthy meals can be made with one simple, star vegetable!
2. 12 Dreamy Towns for Vegan Living
Looking for a veg-friendly city where you can lay down roots? We've got inspiration for your next move.
3. 5 Next-Generation Vegan Cheese Brands
Melt it, spread it, eat it, love it—here are five new drool-worthy vegan cheeses that hit the market this year.
4. 7 Expert Tips for Making Vegan Ice Cream
Vegan ice cream aficionado Hannah Kaminsky shares her tried-and-true tips for the ultimate summer cool-down treat.
5. 3 Steps to Smoothie Success
Never suffer the heartbreak of “blended salad” again with these three easy steps for ensuring stellar smoothies.
6. 13 Instagram Accounts We Can't Get Enough Of
These awesome Instagram accounts feature some of our favorite things, including doughnuts and puppies.
7. 9 Reasons Why Los Angeles is the Center of the (Vegan) Universe
VegNews co-founder Colleen Holland declares Los Angeles the center of the vegan universe.
8. The Three-Day Detox Plan Anyone Can Do
Coming off a junk food bender? This easy plan will cleanse you—without driving you crazy.
9. 10 Great Online Magazines
Green your magazine addiction by going paper-free and checking out these mentally nutritious web-based publications.
10. Surprising Vegan Finds at Mainstream Grocery Stores
No Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s? No problem! Thanks to The Laziest Vegans, finding vegan eats at your typical American supermarket is easier than you think.
11. Exclusive Interview: Kim & Kanye Go Vegan For Baby
The ever-thoughtful celebrity couple decides to ditch their meat-eating, fur-wearing ways for their daughter.
12. 7 Steps to Becoming a Healthier Vegan
Eating more cupcakes and cheese than fresh fruit and greens? Listen to these simple bites of advice.
13. 3 Myths About Protein and a Plant-Based Diet
Resident VegNews nutritionist Julieanna Hever sets the record straight on plant-based protein.
14. Colleen Holland: How I Became a Healthy Vegan
Seduced by the amazing array of vegan junk food available today, VegNews co-founder Colleen Holland shares her personal transformation to becoming a healthy vegan.
15. 5 Amazing Vegan Subscription Boxes
Get fun treats on the regular with these cruelty-free subscriptions.
Celebrate Spring with a Vegan Twist
Put a progressive spin on holiday traditions without foregoing the festive feelings of the season.
Read More »
Guide to Vegan Passover Seder
Get down with the Haggadah, gulp Kosher wine, find the afikoman, and enjoy grub from the old country.
Read More »
9 Vegan Foods For Healthy, Beautiful Skin
These plant-based staples will clear your complexion, fight wrinkles, and protect your skin from burns and dryness.
Read More »
11 Spicy Vegan Dishes for Hot Sauce Lovers
Turn the heat up—all the way up—with these scrumptiously spicy recipes that are also meat- and dairy-free.
Read More »
Zombie-Free French Toast
The duo behind The Vegan Zombie fame share their go-to recipe for French Toast—zombies not included.
Read More »
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Adopt Esther the Wonder Pig
- A Day in the Life: Vedge Chef Rich Landau
- 3 Gluten-Free Seasonal Springtime Dishes
- Colleen Holland: My Top 10 Favorite Vegan Beauty Brands
- 13 Stellar Vegan Jackfruit Recipes
- Vegan St. Patricks Day 101
- The Best Vegan Brunch Youll Ever Eat
- Colleen Hollands 15 Most-Anticipated Vegan Cookbooks of 2014
- Everything You Need to Know About Juicing
- It's Never Too Late to Go Vegan
- A Guide to Vegan Sweeteners
- Your Valentine on Veganism: An Infographic
- How to Date a Vegan
- Three-Course Vegan Dinner for Two
- 8 Delicious Vegan Aphrodisiacs
- The Vegan Guide to Chinese New Year
- 4 Mouth-Watering Vegan Super Bowl Recipes
- The VegNews Guide to Vegan Beer
- Girl Scout Cookies Veganized!
- Colleen Holland: My Top 10 Favorite Vegan Foods in 2014