The Top 15 Stories of 2013
Want to know the hottest vegan lifestyle, food, and health stories of 2013? Here we unveil the top 15 stories of the year on VegNews.com.
Whether it was the next big vegan city (move over, Los Angeles!), the truth about protein, or drool-worthy dairy-free cheeses that hit the market, VegNews' readers couldn’t get enough of veganism—all facets of it—in 2013. In honor of the vegan lifestyle becoming more popular than ever this year, we’ve compiled a list of the 15 most-read features on VegNews.com so that we can look back at all that’s been accomplished—and look forward to even more to come in 2014.
1. 11 Unbelievably Awesome Uses for Cauliflower
You’d never guess how many healthy meals can be made with one simple, star vegetable!
2. 12 Dreamy Towns for Vegan Living
Looking for a veg-friendly city where you can lay down roots? We've got inspiration for your next move.
3. 5 Next-Generation Vegan Cheese Brands
Melt it, spread it, eat it, love it—here are five new drool-worthy vegan cheeses that hit the market this year.
4. 7 Expert Tips for Making Vegan Ice Cream
Vegan ice cream aficionado Hannah Kaminsky shares her tried-and-true tips for the ultimate summer cool-down treat.
5. 3 Steps to Smoothie Success
Never suffer the heartbreak of “blended salad” again with these three easy steps for ensuring stellar smoothies.
6. 13 Instagram Accounts We Can't Get Enough Of
These awesome Instagram accounts feature some of our favorite things, including doughnuts and puppies.
7. 9 Reasons Why Los Angeles is the Center of the (Vegan) Universe
VegNews co-founder Colleen Holland declares Los Angeles the center of the vegan universe.
8. The Three-Day Detox Plan Anyone Can Do
Coming off a junk food bender? This easy plan will cleanse you—without driving you crazy.
9. 10 Great Online Magazines
Green your magazine addiction by going paper-free and checking out these mentally nutritious web-based publications.
10. Surprising Vegan Finds at Mainstream Grocery Stores
No Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s? No problem! Thanks to The Laziest Vegans, finding vegan eats at your typical American supermarket is easier than you think.
11. Exclusive Interview: Kim & Kanye Go Vegan For Baby
The ever-thoughtful celebrity couple decides to ditch their meat-eating, fur-wearing ways for their daughter.
12. 7 Steps to Becoming a Healthier Vegan
Eating more cupcakes and cheese than fresh fruit and greens? Listen to these simple bites of advice.
13. 3 Myths About Protein and a Plant-Based Diet
Resident VegNews nutritionist Julieanna Hever sets the record straight on plant-based protein.
14. Colleen Holland: How I Became a Healthy Vegan
Seduced by the amazing array of vegan junk food available today, VegNews co-founder Colleen Holland shares her personal transformation to becoming a healthy vegan.
15. 5 Amazing Vegan Subscription Boxes
Get fun treats on the regular with these cruelty-free subscriptions.
How One Man Survived Mount Everest and the Nepalese Earthquake
As Kuntal Joisher attempted to become the first vegan to climb the world's highest peak, a 7.8 earthquake tore through Nepal. Here's his story.
Read More »
11 Things You Didnt Know About Pigs
A new study reveals pigs have complex personalities and are similar to dogs and chimpanzees in more ways than one.
Read More »
Top 10 Male Vegan Bloggers
Meet 10 meat-free men who rock out recipes, run marathons, and fight the good fight.
Read More »
Vegan Fathers Day, Flowchart-Style
Show the Big Guy how much you care with just the right compassionate celebration—and turn him vegan while youre at it!
Read More »
10 Mouthwatering Vegan Doughnuts from Coast to Coast
In honor of National Doughnut Day, VegNews rounds up the most drool-worthy doughnuts across the country.
Read More »
- How to Veganize Any Recipe: Sweet Edition
- 5 Reasons Im Glad to Be Vegan
- Subscriber Appreciation Month Giveaway: Justin's Wonder Box
- Subscriber Appreciation Month Giveaway: Vegan Candy Bars
- 10 Foods You Never Thought Youd Eat Again
- Subscriber Appreciation Month Giveaway: Vegan Marshmallow Kit
- Subscriber Appreciation Month Giveaway: Endangered Species Chocolate Vegan Spreads
- Subscriber Appreciation Month Giveaway: Cinnaholic Cinnamon Rolls
- 5 Ingenius Ways to Eat Chocolate Chips
- Subscriber Appreciation Month: VegNews' Office Tours!
- Subscriber Appreciation Month Giveaway: Miyoko's Kitchen
- A Vegan Mothers Day Your Mom Will Love
- A Vegan Cinco de Mayo Brunch
- 13 DIY Projects to Celebrate Earth Day
- Why Red Meat is at the Root of Americas Health Epidemic
- 14 Game-Changing Avocado Recipes
- A Letter from VegNews
- 9 Vegan Foods For Healthy, Beautiful Skin
- Virgin America to Launch Vegan Airline
- 10 Foods to Help Get Rid of Stress