The Top 15 Stories of 2013
Want to know the hottest vegan lifestyle, food, and health stories of 2013? Here we unveil the top 15 stories of the year on VegNews.com.
Whether it was the next big vegan city (move over, Los Angeles!), the truth about protein, or drool-worthy dairy-free cheeses that hit the market, VegNews' readers couldn’t get enough of veganism—all facets of it—in 2013. In honor of the vegan lifestyle becoming more popular than ever this year, we’ve compiled a list of the 15 most-read features on VegNews.com so that we can look back at all that’s been accomplished—and look forward to even more to come in 2014.
1. 11 Unbelievably Awesome Uses for Cauliflower
You’d never guess how many healthy meals can be made with one simple, star vegetable!
2. 12 Dreamy Towns for Vegan Living
Looking for a veg-friendly city where you can lay down roots? We've got inspiration for your next move.
3. 5 Next-Generation Vegan Cheese Brands
Melt it, spread it, eat it, love it—here are five new drool-worthy vegan cheeses that hit the market this year.
4. 7 Expert Tips for Making Vegan Ice Cream
Vegan ice cream aficionado Hannah Kaminsky shares her tried-and-true tips for the ultimate summer cool-down treat.
5. 3 Steps to Smoothie Success
Never suffer the heartbreak of “blended salad” again with these three easy steps for ensuring stellar smoothies.
6. 13 Instagram Accounts We Can't Get Enough Of
These awesome Instagram accounts feature some of our favorite things, including doughnuts and puppies.
7. 9 Reasons Why Los Angeles is the Center of the (Vegan) Universe
VegNews co-founder Colleen Holland declares Los Angeles the center of the vegan universe.
8. The Three-Day Detox Plan Anyone Can Do
Coming off a junk food bender? This easy plan will cleanse you—without driving you crazy.
9. 10 Great Online Magazines
Green your magazine addiction by going paper-free and checking out these mentally nutritious web-based publications.
10. Surprising Vegan Finds at Mainstream Grocery Stores
No Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s? No problem! Thanks to The Laziest Vegans, finding vegan eats at your typical American supermarket is easier than you think.
11. Exclusive Interview: Kim & Kanye Go Vegan For Baby
The ever-thoughtful celebrity couple decides to ditch their meat-eating, fur-wearing ways for their daughter.
12. 7 Steps to Becoming a Healthier Vegan
Eating more cupcakes and cheese than fresh fruit and greens? Listen to these simple bites of advice.
13. 3 Myths About Protein and a Plant-Based Diet
Resident VegNews nutritionist Julieanna Hever sets the record straight on plant-based protein.
14. Colleen Holland: How I Became a Healthy Vegan
Seduced by the amazing array of vegan junk food available today, VegNews co-founder Colleen Holland shares her personal transformation to becoming a healthy vegan.
15. 5 Amazing Vegan Subscription Boxes
Get fun treats on the regular with these cruelty-free subscriptions.
10 Best Vegan Summer Snacks at Trader Joe's
From new vegan marshmallows to mango mochi, our ultimate list of Trader Joe's snacks will get this summer party started.
Read More »
10 Best Vegan Summer Ice Cream Photos on Instagram
Summer is here, which means its time to eat ALL the ice cream.
Read More »
LGBTQ Vegans Speak Out on Orlando Shooting
VegNews talks to queer vegans for their responses to the deadliest mass shooting in US history.
Read More »
7 (Free!) Ways to Reduce and Reuse
These tips and tricks will help you reduce your waste while saving the planetand some money.
Read More »
6 Vegan Hotspots on the Jersey Shore
New Jersey is all about the beach life, but a plethora of vegan restaurants prove that veg food is easily accessible and delicious on the Jersey Shore.
Read More »
- 6 Staples and 6 Saving Strategies for Solo Meals
- DIY Soy-Free Vegan Pepperoni, Meatballs, and More
- 5 Tips from an Aspiring Vegan Cook
- 7 Inflammation-Reducing Vegan Food Groups
- 7 Almost-Vegan Celebrities Were Rooting For
- Hampton Creek Reveals 43 New Products
- A Vegan Fathers Day Letter to an Omnivore Dad
- Vegan Citrus Popsicles
- 3 Irresistible Gluten-Free Summertime Eats
- 10 Things We Cant Wait to Eat at the Vegan Beer & Food Festival
- How to Veganize Any Recipe: Sweet Edition
- A Complete Guide to Vegan Starbucks #PinkDrinks
- 6 Kitchen Staples You Can Make at Home
- 10 Vegan Products to Celebrate Hemp History Week
- 11 Unbelievably Awesome Uses for Cauliflower
- 14 Game-Changing Avocado Recipes
- The 10 Best Vegan Doughnuts in Los Angeles
- Ultimate Guide to Juicing
- 5 Vegan Coffee Creamers to Spruce Up Your Morning Latte
- How to Host a Summery Vegan Cocktail Party on the Cheap