5 Ways to Heat Up Your Sex Life on Valentines Day
Veganism is for lovers, which means you cant skimp on Valentines Day.
Many of us look forward to a romantic night out with a loved one on Valentine’s Day. And the night is even better when followed by some romance between the sheets. George Michael taught us that “sex is natural, sex is fun,” but there are a few products we can bring to bed with us to make it even more fun (and safe). Whether it’s a bottle of fragrant massage oil or sexy lingerie for you or your partner, there are many things we can use to add to our romantic enjoyment every night of the year. So, to up the romance quotient this Valentine’s Day, we’ve compiled some of the sexiest vegan products to spice up your special night.
1. Sliquid lubricant
All Sliquid lubricants are free of glycerin, sugar, parabens, gluten, and are vegan! We enjoy Sliquid Pink Lemonade, a sweet-and-tart way to incorporate lubricant into your time spent with your loved one. If you’re not looking for something sweet, you might want to try Sliquid Naturals Silver, which is silicone-based, making it longer-lasting and slicker, but should not be used along with silicone toys. Sliquid lubricants come in a variety of textures and flavors, including Green Apple and Strawberry Pomegranate. Even better? Ten percent of all purchases of Sliquid Pink Lemonade are donated to the Young Survival Coalition, helping breast cancer survivors.
2. Sir Richard’s condoms
The origins of condoms go back at least hundreds of years, though historically they were often made from animal-derived products. Today, condoms are still one of our best defenses against the spreading of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases … but there’s no reason an animal needs to be harmed in order for us to use them. Thanks to Sir Richard’s—a vegan brand of condoms—we can protect ourselves while being certain that our birth control didn’t cause any animals to suffer. In addition to being completely vegan, for every condom sold, the company donates one to a community in need. If that’s not a reason to celebrate, we don’t know what is.
3. The Body Deli eucalyptus rosemary body oil
Even if we haven’t taken things to the next level with our Valentine’s Day date, we still might want to get sexy with them, and massages are a wonderful way to be intimate with someone with whom we’re interested without going all the way. The Body Deli’s eucalyptus rosemary body oil is made from nourishing plant ingredients including coconut and rice bran oil, and is scented with eucalyptus, rosemary, and verbena. If you don’t use it all up giving (and receiving) massages, the oil also doubles as a body moisturizer or bath oil.
4. Purrfect Pineapples lingerie
Lingerie is a classic way to spice things up on any day, but especially on a sexy occasion such as Valentine’s Day. Though there is plenty of lingerie made without animal products, many of us prefer to purchase from all-vegan businesses. If you’re one of these types, Purrfect Pineapples—a “sweat shop and animal free” company offering fun, playful, sexy lingerie in creative patterns and shades—is for you. Perhaps you’ll want to go super-sexy and wear a black-and-polka-dot garter belt with hot pink bows or maybe you’ll opt for whimsy with the “Delish Cakes” bra, delightfully decorated with desserts. Purrfect Pineapples also offers a pair of underwear emblazoned with “Vegan” across the front that features lacey black ruffles for a sexy reminder that you live an ethical lifestyle outside—and inside—the bedroom.
5. Santa Cruz Organic chocolate syrup
Valentine’s Day and chocolate make for a perfect combination, so why not bring some Santa Cruz Organic chocolate syrup into the bedroom with you and your partner? This delicious treat is made without animal products, so use your imagination, and enjoy your delicious fun with your sexy companion.
Maya Gottfried is the author Our Farm: By the Animals of Farm Sanctuary and the forthcoming Vegan Love: Dating and Partnering for the Cruelty-Free Gal.
How a 30-Day Vegan Bet Turned Me into a Media Powerhouse
Six years ago, I went vegan to help my wife and her celiac disease. Now, were ethical vegans, and I have a blog, two books, and an internet cooking show.
Read More »
You Are 5 Minutes Away From Having the Perfect Vegan Winter Face
Get your seasonal glow in less time than it takes to brew your morning coffee.
Read More »
VegNews Holiday Cookie Contest 2017 Finalists
Drum roll, please! We present the 10 finalists in this year's VegNews Holiday Cookie Contest.
Read More »
18 Vegan Things We Can't Wait to Try in 2018
The new year is quickly approaching, and vegan cannabis gummies, bottled Starbucks Frappuccinos, and three new vegan whipped cream options await on the other side.
Read More »
Top 10 Vegan Stories of 2017
Want to know the hottest vegan lifestyle stories of 2017? Here are your top 10 favorite reads of the year.
Read More »
- No, Hemp Will Not Get You High. Yes, You Need it Anyway.
- 10 Vegan Beauty Products at CVS That Will Save You Some Coin
- Dear Vegans: The Holidays Don't Have to Suck
- 8 Vegan Winter Boots That Will Make You Look Hot
- Top 10 Vegan News Stories of 2017
- 4 Easy Ways to Support Animals During the Holidays
- Veganizing Korean Food, As Told By An American Expat
- VegNews Vegan Wedding Application 2018
- The Healthcare Industry Will Go Completely Vegan, If These Doctors Have Anything to Do With It
- 9 Vegan Cosmetics Youll Buy as Holiday Gifts, Then Probably Keep For Yourself
- If You're A Vegan Stoner, We Have the Perfect Cooking Competition for You
- Forget Milk and Eggs. These 8 Vegan Substitutes Will Make Your Holiday Baked Goods 100 Times Better
- 5 Reasons Animal Testing Will Soon Be a Thing of the Past
- 4 Incredible Ways Animals Can Help Your Child in Need
- VegNews Holiday Gift Guide 2017
- Vegan Black Friday Deals That Will Make You Whip Out Your Credit Card
- 9 Things VegNews Editors Are Thankful For
- Stand in Line (or Not) for These 5 Vegan Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
- 7 Foolproof Ways to Help You Survive Thanksgiving As a Vegan
- An Open Letter to 18-Year-Old, Soon-to-Be-Vegetarian Me