You’ll slip and slide as you fall in love with these incredible, savory sliders, where marinated tofu meets the fresh flavors of chopped herbs and bright bell pepper. Once sandwiches are made, slice them into quarters for the dainty appeal of mini-sandwiches, also known as sliders. Served alongside a pile of shoestring French fries, these make an irresistible weeknight dinner. For a twist on a traditional tea-time option, serve with fruit salad, petits fours, scones, and bite-sized chocolates.
What you need:
- 1 cup extra-firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 teaspoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped (juice squeezed and discarded)
- 3/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, basil or dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Sliced bread, crusts removed
What you do:
- In a large bowl, combine tofu with tamari, balsamic vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a skillet, add oil and marinated tofu. Sauté for 8 to 10 minutes on medium-high heat, tossing until lightly browned. Let cool.
- Place tofu in a large bowl and add remaining ingredients. Spread on bread, then top with another slice and press together gently. Cut sandwiches into quarters and serve.
Magical Meatball Burgers