Makes 1 loaf
What you need:
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan with margarine or oil.
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine and sugar. Mix in flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add mashed bananas, soymilk, and vanilla. Mix until batter is moist and sticky. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!