Makes 1 loaf
What you need:
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan with margarine or oil.
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine and sugar. Mix in flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add mashed bananas, soymilk, and vanilla. Mix until batter is moist and sticky. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!