What you need:
- 3/4 cup crimini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup each carrot, onion and zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1-1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each freshly ground black pepper and cayenne pepper
- Whole-wheat flour or spelt flour, for dusting
- Olive oil, for cooking
What you do:
- In a large, dry skillet, sauté the mushrooms for 3 minutes to remove some of the moisture. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the carrot, onion, zucchini and cashews, and process 1 to 2 minutes to finely grind together. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Add the cooked mushrooms, along with the remaining ingredients, and stir well to combine.
- Place some flour on a small plate. Portion mixture into patties and dust on all sides with flour. Lightly oil the same skillet with a little olive oil. Cook the burgers over medium heat until well browned, about 5 to 7 minutes per side, adding additional oil, if needed, to prevent sticking.