What you need:
- 2/3 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup raw carob powder
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries or cherries
- 1/4 cup dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon filtered water
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
What you do:
- In a food processor, pulverize the almonds and carob powder for 1 to 2 minutes until finely chopped. Transfer 2 tablespoons to a small bowl and set aside for coating.
- Add remaining ingredients to food processor and combine for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture comes together to form a ball. Transfer mixture to a small bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Dampen hands with water, form mixture into one-inch balls and roll in almond mixture.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!