Makes 1 cup
What you need:
- 1 cup shredded fresh or dried unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted cashews
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 2 fresh small green chilies, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water, as needed
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
What you do:
- In a blender or food processor, combine the coconut, cashews, ginger, chilies, cilantro, salt, and sugar. Process to a paste, adding water a little at a time for a smooth consistency. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and cook just until they begin to pop. Remove the pan from the heat and stir the seeds into the chutney.