Makes 1 cup
What you need:
- 1 cup shredded fresh or dried unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted cashews
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 2 fresh small green chilies, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water, as needed
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
What you do:
- In a blender or food processor, combine the coconut, cashews, ginger, chilies, cilantro, salt, and sugar. Process to a paste, adding water a little at a time for a smooth consistency. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and cook just until they begin to pop. Remove the pan from the heat and stir the seeds into the chutney.
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!