What You Need For The Filling:
- 4 cups sliced pears
- 1-1/2 cups cranberries
- 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 1/3 cup Sucanat
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
What You Need For The Fruit Crisp Topping:
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup oat flour or barley flour
- 1⁄4 cup Sucanat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
What you do:
- Combine all filling ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place all dry ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Using your fingers, work the margarine into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add fruit filling to an 8-inch baking pan or shallow casserole dish. Sprinkle the crisp topping evenly over the filling.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.