What you need:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup red cabbage or radicchio, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pitted olives, sliced (about 12 olives)
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
What you do:
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to boil. Add the quinoa and simmer covered for 12 minutes. Turn off the heat and wait another 3 minutes before lifting the lid.
- In a large salad bowl, combine remaining ingredients and toss with the cooked quinoa.