What you need:
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 3-1⁄2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium clove garlic, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1⁄4 cup pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil), drained, patted dry and roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
What you do:
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except the olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and black pepper. Purée until smooth, adding more water if a thinner consistency is desired (one tablespoon at a time). Scrape down the sides of the bowl several times while blending.
- Once smooth, add olives and tomatoes and purée gently, keeping some olive and tomato chunks. Season to taste with black pepper and additional salt and lemon juice. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve with pita triangles and tortilla chips.
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!