What you need:
- 1-1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1-1/2 tablespoon ginger root, grated
- 4 medium red bliss potatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 6-ounce package baked tofu, sliced
- 6 ounces crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, separated into florets (1-1/4 lbs)
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 14.5-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup vegetarian chicken broth
What you do:
- In an electric frying pan or 5-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, warm oil and crushed red pepper for 1 minute. Add garlic, onions, celery, and ginger and sauté in hot oil for 3 minutes. Add the potatoes and cook mixture 8 minutes, until potatoes are softening. Add the tofu and the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Add the cauliflower and cook 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 10 minutes or until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with basmati rice or pilaf.
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!