What you need:
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pear or apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 6 peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup dates, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt, and slowly pour in 1/4 cup of the oil and stir. Set aside.
- In an 11-x-7-inch baking dish, stir together remaining oil, vanilla, ginger, lemon juice, juice concentrate, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add peach slices and toss to coat thoroughly. Stir in the dates. Sprinkle in almonds, without stirring, and then top with oat mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until browned and bubbly. Let rest at least 10 minutes before serving with some frozen soy yogurt.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!