What you need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan halves
- 1/2 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
What you do:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the potato slices and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cover the pan, reduce heat to low, and cook until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add the rum, cranberries, pecans, sugar, and allspice, and continue cooking for about 2 minutes, turning gently to combine. Taste to adjust seasonings. Serve hot.