What you need:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 or 2 hot chiles, seeded and minced
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 1 pound fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- Salt to taste
What you do:
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and chiles. Cover and cook until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Add peanut butter and salt to taste, stirring to make a sauce. Serve over hot grains.