What you need:
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 scallions, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 14-ounce cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 1-1/2 cups Jasmine rice, uncooked
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped cashew nuts
What you do:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add scallions and ginger, and cook until fragrant. Stir in the coconut milk and rice, and add salt to taste. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender, about 25 minutes. If more liquid is needed, add a small amount of water.
- Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle with the shredded coconut and cashews, and serve.
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!