What you need:
- 1-1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large butter lettuce leaves
What you do:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the quinoa, tomato, scallions, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Carefully halve avocados lengthwise and remove the pit. Running a small knife between the avocado skin and flesh, remove pulp, keeping shells intact. Cut the avocado pulp into 1/2-inch dice and add to quinoa mixture.
- Add the lemon juice and olive oil and toss gently to combine. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Spoon the mixture into reserved avocado shells and serve immediately on salad plates lined with lettuce leaves.