What You Need for the Salad:
- 5 to 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1⁄2 cup fennel, thinly sliced (remove stalks and tough core, and trim outer layer)
- 1⁄4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted
What You Need for the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon mild Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Few pinches of cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 to1⁄3 cup walnut oil (or safflower or canola)
What you do:
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender except the oil. While continuing to blend, slowly drizzle in oil (start with 1⁄4 cup, then adjust to taste).
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss with several tablespoons of the vinaigrette
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!