This slaw makes the perfect accompaniment at a sushi dinner or start of an Asian-fusion tofu taco! Fragrant ginger and cilantro are just two of the great flavor elements in this Asian-style slaw that is simple to put together and very fresh tasting. Daikon is a large white radish available in many supermarkets and Asian grocers. For a more colorful mixture, substitute one cup of shredded purple cabbage for one cup of green.
What you need:
- 2-1/2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup grated daikon radish
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 large scallion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar or a natural sweetener
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
What you do:
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, daikon, carrot, scallion, and cilantro. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the ginger, lime juice, rice vinegar, sesame oil, tamari, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss gently to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning. Refrigerate covered until ready to serve.