This slaw makes the perfect accompaniment at a sushi dinner or start of an Asian-fusion tofu taco! Fragrant ginger and cilantro are just two of the great flavor elements in this Asian-style slaw that is simple to put together and very fresh tasting. Daikon is a large white radish available in many supermarkets and Asian grocers. For a more colorful mixture, substitute one cup of shredded purple cabbage for one cup of green.
What you need:
- 2-1/2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup grated daikon radish
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 large scallion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar or a natural sweetener
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
What you do:
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, daikon, carrot, scallion, and cilantro. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the ginger, lime juice, rice vinegar, sesame oil, tamari, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss gently to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning. Refrigerate covered until ready to serve.
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!