Makes 4 to 6 servings
What You Need for the Raspberry Coulis:
- 2 cups (1 pint) fresh raspberries, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
What You Do for the Raspberry Coulis:
- Purée all ingredients in a food processor fitted with the metal blade or in a blender until very smooth. If desired, pass the mixture through a food mill or fine-meshed sieve to remove the seeds. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
What You Need for the Parfait:
- 4 small ripe peaches, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Raspberry Coulis
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup crème de cassis, crème de peches, or other fruit liqueur (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
What You Do for the Parfait:
- Alternate three layers of peaches, raspberry coulis, blackberries and liqueur (if using) in four glass parfait dishes or large wine goblets. Serve at room temperature, or chill for one hour.