What you need:
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 7 cups water
- 1 12-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 cup button mushrooms
- 1 12-ounce can pineapple juice
- 2 medium-hot peppers, halved, and seeds removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 block silken tofu, cubed
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
What you do:
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine rice, water, coconut milk, button mushrooms, pineapple juice, peppers, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for one hour.
- Add cilantro, shiitake mushrooms, tofu, and scallions. Simmer for 20 minutes, covered. Serve very hot.